Thread: ZR1's August Reveal

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    14719 times

ZR1's August Reveal

So this hour's prediction is that it will not be until this August until the ZR1 is formally revealed. will you be going to the Road America race to see it revealed? Thanks CorvetteBlogger for revealing this news.

Name:  IMG_9548.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  229.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteBlogger
    First it was the 2017 North American International Auto Show. Than it was the Rolex 24 at Daytona at the end of January. Now we are told no, it will be in…August. AUGUST! Please say it ain’t so that we’ll have to wait another eight months before the next chapter in the C7 Corvette is revealed to the public?

Actually, the website owner in me is secretly very pleased with the decision as every time we write about the 2018 Corvette ZR1, our stats go off the charts. However, the Corvette enthusiast in me is like a little kid on December 24th, staring at the huge wrapped present that you know contains what you’ve always wanted, but you can’t open it until all the family shows up the next day.

So our friends at Car and Driver are now suggesting that the reveal for the 2018 Corvette ZR1 will come in August at the Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America.

We’re not sure why Road America in Wisconsin is now the chosen track other than Chevrolet sponsors a bridge there named after the Corvette. Considering the alternatives, we still prefer the first race of the season at Daytona International Speedway with the GTLM Champions Corvette Racing preparing to defend their title. Or the NCM Motorsports Park at the end of April on the weekend when over a thousand Corvette enthusiasts — ultimately the target customers for this car — descend on the Corvette Museum for the 2018 model roll-out.

Another reason we don’t like the time frame as it comes after the likely start of 2018 Corvette production, which will cause uncertainty for customers who are ready to buy but don’t have any information about the car. It also means the model will not benefit from all the roll-out promotion that it would get by having it earlier in the year.

So for now, it’s August 2017 for the reveal of the 2018 Corvette ZR1. Until it isn’t. And we couldn’t be happier!

Source:
    Car and Driver
    So Now They are Saying August for the 2018 Corvette ZR1 Reveal - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle
    Last edited by elegant; 01-11-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    Mack likes this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    12k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7283 times
    OK, it is definitely, positively, absolutely going to be...
    when it's going to be, and not one day before. You can put your money on that.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    724 times
    This is ALL too funny!
    2015 AW 7M
    Procharger Supercharger, D1
    Kooks Headers/X-pipe
    Corsa "Extreme" Axle Back with black tips
    XO Luxury Verona wheels on Michelin 265/30/20s and 305/30/20s
    Alky Control Meth Injection System

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    14719 times
    I finally got to the bottom of this. The ZR1 was officially revealed 12/20/2007 (the C6 ZR1).

We already have had five different predictions for the reveal of the C7 Z06. Anyone want to add another one to this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    My vote is for the NCM Bash with the most dedicated buyers. But my reality says it is when they have the ZR1 ready to reveal.
    Janet
    elegant, purpleRac3r and jsvette like this.

Member #
    Liked
    827 times
    My vote is Norm's world famous Wax-n-Chat!!
    Frank
    2015 VY Stingray Coupe 1LT w/Black interior
    M7 NPP Nav PDR Transparent Roof Yellow Calipers

Mileage
    About 4700
    Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    What's the pulse on whether or not this joker is going to be powered by the LT5, DOHC engine?
    I Love Chemical Energetics!
    Todd

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4291 times
    No impact no idea on the reveal! All I know is that the General will be releasing another piece of Corvette history and I shall call it "C7 Masterpiece ZR1" Outstanding!!

SF
    Rick
    docjb likes this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    I seriously just don't care. I mean really...Other than slightly interesting reading. I'll NEVER own one, nor do I really want to own one. My Z51 is WAY more car than I can EVER fully use. What's the point of adding another 300 Hp, except to giggle? I really don't need to impress anyone.

Even with 20 years of SCCA racing, I'm getting old, and will just be driving a VERY FAST street car slow. I'd much rather drive a slow car fast. If I want to scare myself and giggle a lot, I'll ride my Italian sportbike.

Just saying... And I am definitely not bashing anyone that wants it. Good on you... But me? Meh...
    George likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Well put !!! I agree.

Member #
    Liked
    724 times
    I want one....but I'm not into the hype of anticipation. I figure the ZR-1 will have a few manufacturing years and will pick one up, when the discounts are present and they are overstocked on the dealer lot. Will that happen, don't know!
    2015 AW 7M
    Procharger Supercharger, D1
    Kooks Headers/X-pipe
    Corsa "Extreme" Axle Back with black tips
    XO Luxury Verona wheels on Michelin 265/30/20s and 305/30/20s
    Alky Control Meth Injection System

Mileage
    94,000 miles in Vettes
    Member #
    Liked
    3102 times
    The C8 is around the corner, and even if the "entry" model C8 is "only" 500 HP (versus 700+ HP in the C7 ZR-1), the C8 will immediately make the ZR-1 look dated.

I'd save the $100k, happily drive my current (and awesome) C7 a few more years, and then apply that $100k towards a mid-engine C8.
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
    "Delta t = 23"

Sponsored Links