Z06 ordered with Engine Build & Buyers Tour - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: Z06 ordered with Engine Build & Buyers Tour

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    I'm told they take 600 photos with the Engine Build not sure about how many with Buyers Tour. I'll post interesting ones when I get them.
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    2017 Z06 3LZ A-8 J56 Stage 3
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe
    L76 365 hp C60 Factory AC

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    I promised I'd share details about the experience. even the small ones.

Shane from the Museum, just sent me lunch menu for myself & guest at the plant. I heard quite a few people may join in for lunch like the engine builder, photographer, BG Executive., etc.

Michael,

We are looking forward to your participation in the Corvette Engine Build Experience at the GM Performance Build Center within the Bowling Green Assembly Plant.

Please provide meal/drink orders for you and your guest(s). Attached is the menu.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks,

Shane Webb
    National Corvette Museum
    Delivery Department Manager

Name:  Engine Build Lunch 1.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  80.2 KBName:  Engine Build Lunch 2.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  97.6 KB
    Last edited by mjdart; 03-23-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    Vigilance247 and plasboy like this.
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    2001 times
    I'll have the ham & swiss pretzel
    mjdart, Ateupjoe and elegant like this.
    NCM Lifetime MemberXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHaving trouble searching the forum? Try a Google search "[keyword] site:Hidden Content Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15. Arrived 02/12/15.
    Hidden Content Valentine's Day
    2016 BASH
    Forum Rules
    Vendor Rules
    For-Sale Rules
    Business Rules
    Introductions
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Small update with big economic consequences:

The carbon ceramic brakes now have a $5,000 rebate!
    Corvette Owner Loyalty is active for my 64 Sting Ray $2,000
    My GM MasterCard earnings currently has a $1,000 bonus

All these are set to expire either 4/30 or 5/1, my car will be assembled 4/26 & 4/27...cutting it very close..maybe discounts will be renewed!

Salesman told me they must be invoiced for discounts to apply!!!!

I would love to apply brake rebate towards a full protection wrap

If you are sitting on the fence to buy a Z06 with brakes or Z07 package that brake discount is very big if you couple it with other dealer discounts!
    Last edited by mjdart; 04-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Mobius, U.S. Marine and Ateupjoe like this.
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    mjdart, I'm following your updates closely as I would like to do the same on an upcoming order. One question though. The buyers tour wording sounds too uncertain. Why would we pay so much to not see our cars assembled? Do they tell you a different story verbally than what is in that letter? Thank you!

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    14k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7966 times
    mjribeiro, a 'formal' welcome to our forum (your first post since joining) and best of luck with your pending order!
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15515 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjribeiro View Post
    Why would we pay so much to not see our cars assembled? Do they tell you a different story verbally than what is in that letter? Thank you!
    The letter is full of legal protections for NCM in case, and we have never heard of this yet, i.e., the assembly line were to stop for a week due to the cow jumping over the moon, the earth started to spin backwards, etc.

I had my first Buyers Tour on September 9, 2005, my second one on November 14, 2014 and they were truly two of my top ten life's experiences.

You absolutely not just get to see your car being assembled, but with your personal NCM Tour Guide, most often a recently retired Plant assembly line retiree, you and your Guide and one friend, walk side by side as your car is assembled, watching parts getting put on it, the body "married" to the chassis, a total of 10-11 glorious hours over two days. Absolutely phenomenal experience; will never buy a Corvette without another Buyers Tour.
    Last edited by elegant; 04-11-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    jsvette and U.S. Marine like this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Mileage
    500 Ready for the first oil change!
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I talked to Lori today about the buyers tour and they're discontinuing it. She said right now it's on a case by case basis. When the 2018 ordering starts the tour will no longer be offered. Sad.
    Jeremy Z

2017 Z 51 2LT Admiral Blue Corvette/Gray interior
    8-speed paddle shift auto, PDR w/nav, Z 51 performance package, chrome wheels, magnetic selective ride control and battery protection package.

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15515 times
    When I get back there at the BASH, will be learning more about the temporary cessation of Buyers Tours. Could be due to lots of factors, including tied with the windows of the Performance Build Center being covered over last week (GM does not want us to see in regarding future products), and of course BGA has announced the closure of the entire Plant during August, September and October for a major plant revamp. Hence, what I am thinking is that the Buyers Tours are now on a case by case basis because NCM do not now yet have definitive dates as to when the Plant will be open for us "visitors."

We have, relatedly seen, that public tours of the Plant are ending on June 16th. Hence why, IMO, NCM is now scheduling Buyers Tours on a case by case basis.
    Last edited by elegant; 04-11-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: UPDATED info.
    zigfire66 likes this.
    John

Hidden Content

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15515 times
    Got to the bottom of this Buyers Tour "case-by-case issue" thanks to Mike Furman. As we all know, two days from today is the last day for 2017 orders. And for big forum dealers with lots of allocation, there are no restrictions (other than the sold out Collector Editions), and so orders they place this Thursday will be picked up immediately, go to 3000 status within the next two days, be built within six weeks.

This all keys on the June 16th end of visitors of every kind being admitted into the Plant.

Coincidentally, Mike talked to Shane Webb, NCM Museum Delivery Manager just an hour ago about a 2017 order and a Buyers Tour for it.

Shane said to Mike that if a 2017 was built within six weeks, that they could do a Buyers Tours for that car, but as there are constraints affecting some orders, each Buyers Tour would need to be evaluated on a case by case basis. Translating, for example, those 2017 orders held up because of dealer allocation issues with J56 brakes, and thus not produced within six weeks, instead coming off the line starting June 17th, those orders could not have a Buyers Tour.

And because of the above, highly, highly probable that no 2018's will be able to have a Buyers Tour until approximately December.
    Last edited by elegant; 04-11-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    jsvette and mjdart like this.
    John

Hidden Content

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4833 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant View Post
    Got to the bottom of this Buyers Tour "case-by-case issue" thanks to Mike Furman. As we all know, two days from today is the last day for 2017 orders. And for big forum dealers with lots of allocation, there are no restrictions (other than the sold out Collector Editions), and so orders they place this Thursday will be picked up immediately, go to 3000 status within the next two days, be built within six weeks.

This all keys on the June 16th end of visitors of every kind being admitted into the Plant.

Coincidentally, Mike talked to Shane Webb, NCM Museum Delivery Manager just an hour ago about a 2017 order and a Buyers Tour for it.

Shane said to Mike that if a 2017 was built within six weeks, that they could do a Buyers Tours for that car, but as there are constraints affecting some orders, each Buyers Tour would need to be evaluated on a case by case basis. Translating, for example, those 2017 orders held up because of dealer allocation issues with J56 brakes, and thus not produced within six weeks, instead coming off the line starting June 17th, those orders could not have a Buyers Tour.

And because of the above, highly, highly probable that no 2018's will be able to have a Buyers Tour until approximately December.
    John, excellent info for future C7 owners considering the BG Buyers Tour, thanks to Mike Furman for passing along some straight scope.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
    mjribeiro, a 'formal' welcome to our forum (your first post since joining) and best of luck with your pending order!
    Thanks Jeff - Nearly 3 years of lurking!
    I'm ok waiting till the end of the year for an 18 with tour. It will give me time to say goodby to my 67 Chevelle.
    jsvette likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaVette View Post
    That sounds like an amazing experience. Very nice option list also. Enjoy it thoroughly mjdart!
    Thanks it's getting closer just got this update:

I wanted to share some information regarding your upcoming Buyers Tour. Here’s where things stand as of today (4/11).

The car is estimated to be at trim (start of your tour) on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 and estimated to come off-line (end of your tour) on Thursday, April 27, 2017.

As it stands right now, your tour is scheduled to begin 9:30 AM (CDT) on 4/26/17. This is the time you and your (1) guest would need to be at the Plant to meet your guide.

Mr. Al Hurlbutt has been scheduled to be your guide/photographer. He will meet you at the Plant at 9:30 AM (CDT) on 4/26/17.
    jsvette likes this.
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdart View Post
    The car is estimated to be at trim (start of your tour) on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 and estimated to come off-line (end of your tour) on Thursday, April 27, 2017.
    That's awesome, you'll be there during the Bash!
    2015 M7 Z51 Torch Red with Comp Seats, PDR, MSRC
    Hidden Content

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Yeah, he will be there during the BASH but I believe that his car will be sitting in the plant's Quality Hold area. If not, it will be on a transport truck to his selling dealership as he did not purchase the R8C NCM delivery package and anticipates the selling dealership to install part of the aero package.
    NCM Lifetime Member

Hidden Content
    2016 Corvette Admiral Blue Z06 Coupe with Twilight Blue interior and the installation of a Callaway SC757 Supercharger Package.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links