• 2 Post By rdslon01
  • 1 Post By rdslon01
  • 1 Post By Ateupjoe

Thread: Electric Car Sets New Lap Record at Nurburgring

Member #
    Liked
    1361 times

Electric Car Sets New Lap Record at Nurburgring

NIO EP9: Electric supercar smashes Nürburgring lap record.

An electric supercar has completed a lap of the legendary Nürburgring in six minutes 45.90 seconds, shaving off 2.1 seconds off the previous best time by a road-legal vehicle -- set by the Radical SR8LM in 2009.

The EP9 boasts one megawatt of power, equivalent to 1342 BHP, and a top speed of 194 mph (312 kph).
    Top Five Nürburgring Lap Times
    1 - NextEV NIO EP9 (6:45.90)

2 - Radical SR8LM (6:48.00)

3 - Lamborghini Huracan Performante (6:52.01)

4 - Radical SR8 (6:56.08)

5 - Porsche 918 Spyder (6:57.00)

At full throttle, it can accelerate from standstill to 124 mph (200 kph) in just 7.1 seconds.

Going forward, NIO plans to produce a limited run of ten EP9 supercars, made to order.
    The price? $1.48 million.

Last edited by Boomer; 05-19-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Mobius, rdslon01 and jsvette like this.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    4178 times
    I spent some time at their website. That company has some serious vision for the future personal mobility marketplace.
    Boomer and Ateupjoe like this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    1361 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    I spent some time at their website. That company has some serious vision for the future personal mobility marketplace.
    I didn't go to their site but if they could manage to get that gas turbine sound even while idling at a stop light I might be interested.
    Ateupjoe likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I didn't go to their site but if they could manage to get that gas turbine sound even while idling at a stop light I might be interested.
    They seem to be taking a page from the Tesla playbook. The sports car is just to show their expertise, abilities, and to make their brand appealing. Selling 10 sports cars at about $1.5 million each surely will not even cover the development cost for the EP9. It is just to make people take their bread and butter focus, their Eve "sedans" (if you can even call them sedans), seriously.

Although there are many intriguing aspects of this company, one which steps out to me is how much they have accomplished in such a short period of time. Their startup company was only founded about two to three years ago, with their EP9 sports car only being announced less than six months ago; nevertheless, their small team has managed to tune it in a short time-frame to the point that it has now set the new Nürburgring lap record. Other companies have been around for several decades and have not been able to do that. Wow.

What all will they be able to achieve? Their little startup company is a true world-beater, in an area which isn't even their focus: their EP9 sports car isn't their primary focus (it is just to garner attention to drive demand for their Eve personal mobility vehicle, when it comes along in 2020). If they hit a home run with Eve as a commuter and passenger vehicle like they have with their EP9 sports car, watch out!
    Boomer and Ateupjoe like this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    1361 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    Selling 10 sports cars at about $1.5 million each surely will not even cover the development cost for the EP9.
    That makes it a deal. Whats the market capitalization of this "little startup company"? Sounds innovative.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    That makes it a deal. Whats the market capitalization of this "little startup company"? Sounds innovative.
    They are still privately held. You also want a piece of that if it ever has an IPO?
    Boomer likes this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1162 times
    They are a perfect IPO for the Booker and Möbius Noreturn Nvestment Mgmt aces, LLP super secret handshake offshore password investing firm. Saving the wave helps you get invited in......
    Boomer likes this.
    Bryan
    1978 "Fastback Shark" - Shark grey was 50th BD gift to my bride.
    2015 Rebel 1 Stingray - Torch Red, Z51, 3LT, Manual, Custom Stinger, G3 splitter and skirts. Sold 3/31 at 20,800 smiles of miles. 20th anniversary gift.
    2017 Rebel 2 Grand Sport - Torch Red ext/Black int, 2LT, Manual, 22yr anniversary gift.
    Psalm 37:4

Sponsored Links