Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: gas gauge goes EMPTY!

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
    I googled "Chevy Dealers Ninole, Hawaii" came up with DeLuz Chevrolet. Where am I going wrong? If they don't service your Vette would that not be an issue for GM Customer Service?
    Aloha, As to Fleets's comment, "as I stated, I bought the car from J.N. Chevrolet on the island of Oahu, HI. I did not buy it from DeLuz Chevrolet here in Hio, HI. on the Big Island" As for Promethius writing that I should call customer service and demand a resolution, I agree (although I am a soft spoken kind of person) I should try that.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    HawaiianDrummer is having a "lack of service" issue on his C7.

Please check out this thread and see if there is anything that can be done to help him - you'll be a hero to the members of the forum if you do. This post was submitted to drummerdude in a private message by Mobius and I reposted it, thanks a lot!
    Last edited by HawaiianDrummer; 07-16-2016 at 11:24 PM.
    Mobius likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

gas gauge goes EMPTY!

It's not just this. It's even simple oil changes. What about the famous infotainment screen or that notorious A8 trans? Can you take it on a ferry to Honolulu?

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Aloha, Monday morning I called the Chevrolet Customer Service phone number and reported what is happening and what I need because of special circumstances living here on the island of Hawaii that doesn't have a Chevy dealership with a service department. So I am doing it the right way to get the right answers. Now I just have to wait a few days till they can figure out how to get my car serviced somewhere by a Chevy certified service provider. Waiting anxiously for a good answer, wish me luck!!! David
    Mobius and greggshere like this.

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    Great....I am sure they will figure out a solution! Keep us advised......
    HawaiianDrummer likes this.
    2015 AW 7M
    Procharger Supercharger, D1
    Kooks Headers/X-pipe
    Corsa "Extreme" Axle Back with black tips
    XO Luxury Verona wheels on Michelin 265/30/20s and 305/30/20s
    Alky Control Meth Injection System

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Aloha, after being shuffled around to 7 different "customer service representatives" I gave up and now have an appointment with a local auto repair shop, Speed-O Auto Service for next Thursday Aug. 25th 8:15 am....although the shop owner was kind and optimistic, he did say he tends to stay away from Corvettes because the last one he had to remove the rear end to drop the tanks. I thought my 2015 only had 2 covers bolted up from underneath to access right and left tanks??? I will find out next week when speed-o looks at it.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    I'd keep pressing with getting this fixed under warranty. There must be someone up the GM food chain that has your best interest in mind. I'd hold off until someone on this forum can provide you a belly button to contact for help.

Gus
    2015 Stingray Coupe — AW, 2LT, 7M, Black Interior, NPP Exhaust, NAV/PDR, 5 Spoke 18/19 Black Wheels, Visible Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Flash Painted Spoiler (w/white mirrors), Carbon Flash Emblems, Gorilla Black Lug Nuts, Painted Stinger, MGW Shifter, RPI Design Side Skirts, "Spice Black" Powder Coated Wheels

••• SOLD •••• 20MARCH2017

Ordered 12/23/14, Produced 3/5/15, Shipped 3/11/15, Dealer 3/13/15, Drove 140 miles home from Dealer 29March2015. It was a beautiful day!

J.R
    Mileage
    Owned 12 Vettes Millions
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianDrummer View Post
    Aloha, after being shuffled around to 7 different "customer service representatives" I gave up and now have an appointment with a local auto repair shop, Speed-O Auto Service for next Thursday Aug. 25th 8:15 am....although the shop owner was kind and optimistic, he did say he tends to stay away from Corvettes because the last one he had to remove the rear end to drop the tanks. I thought my 2015 only had 2 covers bolted up from underneath to access right and left tanks??? I will find out next week when speed-o looks at it.
    GM lists the labor on this at about 14 hours to get to inners of tanks so as I have mentioned before the whole assend has to come out
    Since fuel filter is inside tank you might have them assure old one is fine or replace it while all apart

Also you need to have shop after all back together is full 4 wheel alignment is a must
    JR
    Team ZR-1 Corvette Racers
    Let's Go a Racing . . .

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    Maybe this is a question for Jeremy or John to ask at the anniversary bash in a few weeks.
    2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Nav, PDR, Transparent Top. Previous- 2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe, 1997 C5

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    OK thanks to all for your comments I appreciate them!

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    4336 times
    This is a 14 hour repair?

Oh, my, David, don't do it. With that much work to do, there are just too many places to go wrong, especially with the repair person never having worked on a C7 before. The outcome could be way worse than the present problem of the fuel gauge not working. Also, the labor costs for something that involved would could be very high.

If I were you, I would keep hounding GM like Gus said. Also, I think you should try to reach out to elegant and see if he has a contact in GM that can help you with your unique situation.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15515 times
    HawaiianDrummer, please PM me with your full legal name, your VIN, your phone number(s), and your email, and I will pursue this "behind the scenes" with a GM person whom I believe can help you.
    rdslon01, dwward, Mobius and 6 others like this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    Way to go John!
    2015 AW 7M
    Procharger Supercharger, D1
    Kooks Headers/X-pipe
    Corsa "Extreme" Axle Back with black tips
    XO Luxury Verona wheels on Michelin 265/30/20s and 305/30/20s
    Alky Control Meth Injection System

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15515 times
    An hour ago, I received a PM back from Hawaiian Drummer with his full needed contact information, and then sent an email to Jeff Strausser, Corvette Quality Brand Manager. Jeff is TERRRIC in helping out as he is able, so Jeff and Hawaiian Drummer will now directly communicate as to potential ways and issues in addressing the fuel gauge issue. Jeff was instrumental in helping AIR Z51 as you remember when the latter's beauty got "bashed at the BASH."
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    John, you are awesome!
    2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Nav, PDR, Transparent Top. Previous- 2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe, 1997 C5

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links