Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: gas gauge goes EMPTY!

Mileage
    W&C. I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    1236 times
    Sorry to hear about your son. Praying he gets some good news soon.
    HawaiianDrummer likes this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Aloha, Wow got into my vette the other day and I looked at the dash and thought WHAT NOW? Oh It was the gas gauge Working Again I didn't recognize it after not seeing it for over a year....I drove for a few miles then it went to empty again, BUT then went back to almost full ( I recently topped off the tank) and stayed working all the way home for 19 miles!!!!!!!! I was happy....but then found out today my son was put into Hospice after failing his 13 month fight with stage 4 cancer. Well I got a little good news before the bad. David

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1216 times
    David so glad to hear about this fuel gauge finally working.....not glad to hear about your son! I sure pray that the Lord will touch him with comfort and give him doctors of wisdom and knowledge on his fight. He is in our prayers.
    Bryan
    1978 "Fastback Shark" - Shark grey was 50th BD gift to my bride.
    2015 Rebel 1 Stingray - Torch Red, Z51, 3LT, Manual, Custom Stinger, G3 splitter and skirts. Sold 3/31 at 20,800 smiles of miles. 20th anniversary gift.
    2017 Rebel 2 Grand Sport - Torch Red ext/Black int, 2LT, Manual, 22yr anniversary gift.
    Psalm 37:4

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    14k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7966 times
    David, so sorry to read about your son. Our thoughts are with you and him.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Aloha, sorry to report my son passed away April 3rd 2017 but thanks for all the good wishes, he is now free from all the pain and suffering from the past 14 months. Worse time of our life but we will move forward.
    Now I will concentrate on working on my Vette doing the oil change myself and removing some rear panels to check connections to the fuel sending units to look for wire connection problems or whatever I can see.....

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    239 times
    So sorry for your loss. Suddenly all the crap with the car becomes so much less important. May your son finally rest in peace and your family have the strength to carry on.
    As I approach my own 2 year "anniversary" I have great empathy for those in the fight and their loved ones.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    David, I am sorry to hear the news of your Son's passing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Nav, PDR, Transparent Top. Previous- 2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe, 1997 C5

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    Sorry for your loss!
    2015 AW 7M
    Procharger Supercharger, D1
    Kooks Headers/X-pipe
    Corsa "Extreme" Axle Back with black tips
    XO Luxury Verona wheels on Michelin 265/30/20s and 305/30/20s
    Alky Control Meth Injection System

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Aloha, Thanks to all the sincere replies. I changed my oil changed today and now i need to find out how to reset the oil life display....any thoughts? And my gas gauge works each day now.. though still intermittent, sometimes shows the 7/8 full tank as it should be now , then sometimes it read 1/4 tank and then other times reads empty again. Still want to get some panels removed underneath and get a look see. I think I'll invest in an impact wrench to make the job faster and get into it. Still hoping its rats that got into something....like they just did to 2 of my spark plug cable insulators and some black foam rubber protectors on the air intake lines to the valve covers....it's always something!
    Last edited by HawaiianDrummer; 04-21-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4833 times
    David, it's heartbreaking to read about the tremendous loss of your son, he is in Gods hands now. Bless you and your family and may you find peace.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    14k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianDrummer View Post
    Aloha, Thanks to all the sincere replies. I changed my oil changed today and now i need to find out how to reset the oil life display....any thoughts? And my gas gauge works each day now.. though still intermittent, sometimes shows the 7/8 full tank as it should be now , then sometimes it read 1/4 tank and then other times reads empty again. Still want to get some panels removed underneath and get a look see. I think I'll invest in an impact wrench to make the job faster and get into it. Still hoping its rats that got into something....like they just did to 2 of my spark plug cable insulators and some black foam rubber protectors on the air intake lines to the valve covers....it's always something!
    Sorry to read about the continuing issues! If you garage your Vette, you might consider installing one or more ultrasonic pest repellers. I have used them in my garages (we live on a golf course) and they have been extremely effective. To reset the oil life indicator, while the message is displayed, press and hold SEL (the same way you do to reset the trip odometer).
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15515 times
    I am so very sorry to hear the excruciating news about your son. Can not comprehend how difficult this was for you, for him and the entire rest of your family.

Thankful that he is no longer suffering. However, I can not imagine your and your family's challenges trying to move forward from his devastating passing.
    Last edited by elegant; 04-21-2017 at 06:45 AM.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    3981 times
    So very sorry. But, as you say, he's no longer in pain and is at peace. Godspeed for him and for your family.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    3452 times
    David, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Without going in to a lot of detail, I know the pain you're feeling. Time does not heal all wounds. It just lessens the frequency of the grief. God bless you and your family.
    Paul

2015 1LT, Blade Silver, A8, ZF1, Transparent Top, NPP exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

MODs: Black Chrome Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts. Z51 Sway Bars

NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM MEMBER

Mileage
    W&C. I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    1236 times
    Thoughts and prayers to you and family David.
    Hope your soon able to find out what's your fuel gauge problem is.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Sponsored Links