Poll: Does Fear Reduce My C7 Miles - Page 2

View Poll Results: C7 Miles Reduced or Not Because of Fear of Problems?

Voters
68. This poll is closed
  • I drive my C7 where I want, not limiting my mileage because of "fear failure."

66 97.06%
  • I limit my C7's use because I fear the more mileage I put on it, the more problems I will have.

2 2.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Poll: Does Fear Reduce My C7 Miles

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Driven everyday if I needed.
    U.S. Marine likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Ever noticed if you park your Corvette in an empty parking lot or away from as many as possible SOMEONE always has to get close to it?
    Dave1962 likes this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    747 times
    I drive it. That's why I bought it. Life is too short not to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    Over 12K
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    The only time it's in the garage is when it's snowing. As soon as there's pavement, we're rolling again! Took delivery 9-16-16, passed 8700 miles today. Snow showers and sleet in the NJ forecast, got home from work, the hand wash was closed. We're in the garage until it's time to "saddle up" Monday am.
    U.S. Marine likes this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Cool

I have owned 5 Corvettes, 1 C4, 1 C5, 2 C6s, and my present C7. I have driven them all almost daily (except when there is snow on the road). Driving included going to work, to the grocery store, short local trips and thousand mile or more vacation trips. In all those years I have never had a breakdown, any mechanical problem, not even a flat tire. They have been the most reliable and most enjoyable cars to drive that I have owned. I am now retired and 70 years old, and in May my wife and I are headed to the Spring Mountain Corvette driving school (for me--my wife no longer drives). We have several other trips planned this Summer including Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and Beartooth Highway in Wyoming/Montana.
    One of our most memorable trips was to Yosemite in my 2004 Z06. The Lamborghini owner's club had a national meeting at Yosemite, and as we were leaving we happened merge into a long line of Lamborghinis leaving the park. They apparently had made arrangements with the park rangers to have the main west route out of the park reserved for them, and we found ourselves surrounded by Lambos headed at high speed out of the canyon. What a ride!
    elegant and cutnout like this.
    aka Mike

2016 3LT Stingray Coupe, Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat, Auto trans, Performance Exhaust, Red calipers, Carbon fiber roof panel,
    Magnetic Selective Ride Control, Satin Black with Yellow stripe aluminum 19" front and 20" rear wheels

Previously owned Corvettes:
    1990 coupe
    2004 Z06
    2006 coupe
    2008 convertible

Member #
    Liked
    266 times

Poll: Does Fear Reduce My C7 Miles

Nope. It is my DD. Only ice keeps me off the streets, which is like once every several years. : )
    elegant and U.S. Marine like this.
    Rick
    Austin,TX

2017 Torch Red Z06, M7, Jet Black Interior, 2LZ, NAV/PDR

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    652 times
    Any nice sunny day, regardless of the calendar, I drive my Z06 whenever it's practical for the mission at hand. If high mileage gets to be an issue I'll just get a new one. And the sooner the better. Problem solved.
    elegant and U.S. Marine like this.
    Mike

2015 Shark Gray Z06
    Z07 package, converted to Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
    2LZ, Jet Black interior
    Chrome Wheels
    7M
    Dual removable roof panels
    GT Bucket Seats
    Navigation and PDR
    Carbon Flash Hood Stinger Stripe
    Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package, Stage 3 Aero
    R8C Museum Delivery on December 29th, 2014
    Expel paint protection film, GM mudflaps

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4709 times
    John, Wherever the fear may be look it in the headlights and drive the wheels off it!

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Hey ole friend. Haven't driven mine for over two weeks. It's at Cutter having that vaunted A8 replaced. They've tried to repair it twice before but couldn't fix it so they decided to replace it. Oh well, go Bows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfong View Post
    John, this is a good poll. I hope it disproves the "false news" about the C7's reliability, particularly the A8 transmission. I've owned limited production exotics and personally know about fear of failure first hand. I bought my C7 specifically to avoid that problem and have driven over 40,000 trouble free miles between my two C7s. I drive anywhere, anytime, any place without any worry or concern about mechanical failures.
    2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red, Z51 Coupe, 3LT, 8 speed auto, Mag Ride, PDR, Red Calipers, Black Wheels, CF Badge/Spoiler/Mirror/Hood Stinger, Navigation,

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Hey ole friend. Haven't driven mine for over two weeks. It's at Cutter having that vaunted A8 replaced. They've tried to repair it twice before but couldn't fix it so they decided to replace it. Oh well, go Bows!!
    John, this is a good poll. I hope it disproves the "false news" about the C7's reliability, particularly the A8 transmission. I've owned limited production exotics and personally know about fear of failure first hand. I bought my C7 specifically to avoid that problem and have driven over 40,000 trouble free miles between my two C7s. I drive anywhere, anytime, any place without any worry or concern about mechanical failures.
    2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red, Z51 Coupe, 3LT, 8 speed auto, Mag Ride, PDR, Red Calipers, Black Wheels, CF Badge/Spoiler/Mirror/Hood Stinger, Navigation,

Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williamr View Post
    Ever noticed if you park your Corvette in an empty parking lot or away from as many as possible SOMEONE always has to get close to it?
    Never noticed [sarcasm]

Name:  IMG_20170310_124944.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  3.73 MB
    Name:  IMG_20170310_124916.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  4.16 MB

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15286 times
    Ron, that is the problem with every car forum, every brand, that to someone new to that forum, reading about member X's blown motor, then another thread about member Y's screwed up transmission, then another thread by member Z about his/her problem with their differential, that the car is a piece of crap. Again such perceptions are so easy to get when one reads the forum, for the old adage about car forums is true, that if you want to know about individual member problems (and none of us are diminishing that isolated members are having one lousy experience with their C7), but forget that for every one who posts about their motor problem, there are thousands, in fact not just tens of thousands, but over 100,000 C7 owners who have never had a C7 motor issue.

Similarly, if you are thinking about buying a Ferrari and you want to be dissuaded against doing that, go visit their forum and read individual members accurately pissed off/accurately reporting individual problems they have had with their Ferraris. That will save your bank account a bunch.

Interesting that as of the time I last looked at our poll, 95% who responded at happily driving their C7's without concern that more miles will cause them more repair problems.

Ah, the illusive quest to gain a realistic perception/perspective on our car's reliability..
    STINGmole, Mobius and cutnout like this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Daily driver, all year round, in all weather conditions (except for actual blizzards, when I work from home). I've put 8000 miles on it since May. The only issue I've had is that when it's very cold (under 10 degrees F), the rear hatch doesn't open easily even once you've removed all the snow and ice.
    2016 C7 Stingray Coupe -- Blade Silver -- Z51 1LT M7

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    I do somewhat try to limit my milage but not from fear of failure. Just plan to keep a long time and also have a C5 to drive.
    79 corvette one owner
    2001 corvette one owner
    2015 ZO6 one owner

museum lifetime member #2639

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 15snow-ray View Post
    Do drive it without fear of failure however I am blessed to have other transportation allowing me to pick and choose when i enjoy the C7. If it breaks it goes to the dealer for repair , hopefully under warranty. I try and avoid rainy days but just because I don't want to have to clean it to my standard of clean...
    I agree.
    2blk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links