C7Man is now just ........... Man
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: C7Man is now just ........... Man

Member #
    Liked
    2320 times

After two years of enjoying the most fantastic automobile I've had the privilege to drive it's time has come to an end. This morning I sold my 2015 Arctic White M7 Corvette. Believe me, Tha fact that it is the first day of Spring doesn't escape me.

The reason for this has many components. The primary one is since day one my wife has had a hard time getting in and out of the car. After about an hour of drive time her back pain is extreme. I think in part to an accident 12 years ago when my brother-in-law ran a stop sign. The truck that hit us was on the driver side passenger door. For a short time I wasn't sure she was going to make it. Sorry, I digress.

My wife didn't want me to sell it as she saw how much pleasure it gave me. But, it was unfair to the both of us to keep the car. So now I'm doing research for our next summer cruiser. As most of you can attest, figuring out the perfect vehicle is half the fun.

Thank you all so very much for thoughtful insight as many new first time C7 buyers will find their answers here as I have done. I will continue to "Save the Wave" as you pass me on your traveling adventures.

Gus
    2015 Stingray Coupe — AW, 2LT, 7M, Black Interior, NPP Exhaust, NAV/PDR, 5 Spoke 18/19 Black Wheels, Visible Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Flash Painted Spoiler (w/white mirrors), Carbon Flash Emblems, Gorilla Black Lug Nuts, Painted Stinger, MGW Shifter, RPI Design Side Skirts, "Spice Black" Powder Coated Wheels

••• SOLD •••• 20MARCH2017

Ordered 12/23/14, Produced 3/5/15, Shipped 3/11/15, Dealer 3/13/15, Drove 140 miles home from Dealer 29March2015. It was a beautiful day!

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    14k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7749 times
    Tough decision Gus, but clearly made for all the right reasons. Wish you and your wife the best of luck going forward, and please feel free to stay part of our community.
    C7Man likes this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    I sure get it. Sorry you had to let it go. Check out the new Camaro . i know the dealer tried to get me into one when i started making noises getting in and out of the C7. New Camaro gets up and scoots . And with a back seat.
    C7Man and Jwsmpsnjr like this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    10068 times
    I'm sure you're doing the right thing. You'll come up with something for the both of you. Best of luck.
    C7Man likes this.

Member: NCM, FSCC, CCCUK

USA USN USMC USCG USAF USAR USNR USMCR USCGR USAFR ARNG ANG AUS CSA NOAA USPHS USMM Police/Fire/EMS/EMT.....
    Thank You For Your Service

Member #
    Liked
    55 times

Quote Originally Posted by C7Man View Post
    After two years of enjoying the most fantastic automobile I've had the privilege to drive it's time has come to an end. This morning I sold my 2015 Arctic White M7 Corvette. Believe me, Tha fact that it is the first day of Spring doesn't escape me.

The reason for this has many components. The primary one is since day one my wife has had a hard time getting in and out of the car. After about an hour of drive time her back pain is extreme. I think in part to an accident 12 years ago when my brother-in-law ran a stop sign. The truck that hit us was on the driver side passenger door. For a short time I wasn't sure she was going to make it. Sorry, I digress.

My wife didn't want me to sell it as she saw how much pleasure it gave me. But, it was unfair to the both of us to keep the car. So now I'm doing research for our next summer cruiser. As most of you can attest, figuring out the perfect vehicle is half the fun.

Thank you all so very much for thoughtful insight as many new first time C7 buyers will find their answers here as I have done. I will continue to "Save the Wave" as you pass me on your traveling adventures.

Gus
    Have you checked out the Cadillac XTS or Buick LaCross? Very comfortable for the back.
    C7Man likes this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    14k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7749 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corvetter View Post
    Have you checked out the Cadillac XTS or Buick LaCross? Very comfortable for the back.
    Highly concur re the XTS. It is an excellent 'cruiser' with lots of space and comfort for front and back seat passengers, and easy to get in and out of (one of the largest trunks at over 18cf for a sedan). Remember as a NCM member through the end of the year you get GM Supplier pricing on any GM vehicle.
    C7Man likes this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    4193 times
    You have my best wishes, Gus.
    C7Man likes this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Mileage
    95,000 miles in Vettes
    Member #
    Liked
    3240 times
    *sigh*

Now the rest of us will have to pump up the "Gusto" to 11 in order to make up for your absence...
    Ateupjoe, Henry427 and C7Man like this.
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
    "Delta t = 23"

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4709 times
    Gus, family will always be number one no matter what we may have to sacrifice. You will always be SRF member so continue to post my good man. Like mentioned, the Cadi might be an excellent choice for the Mrs & you. Let us know what ride you'll wheeling next.

SF
    Rick
    C7Man likes this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    3309 times
    Sorry to hear this, Gus but it sounds like it is for the best. YOU WILL BE MISSED..
    C7Man likes this.
    Paul

2015 1LT, Blade Silver, A8, ZF1, Transparent Top, NPP exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

MODs: Black Chrome Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts. Z51 Sway Bars

NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM MEMBER

Mileage
    W&C. I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    1185 times
    Wishing you the best Gus. Know you'll find something that's good for you both.
    C7Man likes this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    977 times
    You are very selfless in this choice Gus. I also wish you the very best and I have always appreciated your posts. You don't have to be a stranger here.
    C7Man likes this.
    Shark Gray Metallic Z06, M7, 2LZ, adrenalin red competition seats, CF dash, black wheels/red calipers, dual CF full length stripes Traded on 3/19/15: 2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible 53/550. LRG, Khalahari Top, Brownstone interior, GT Seats, Microfiber inserts, 3LT, Z51, Auto, NPP

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Gus you have made the right decision. I would trade everything I own to have my husband back for even a short time. You will find something that works for both of you. Keep in touch.
    C7Man likes this.
    Janet

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    872 times
    Wish you all the best Gus! Been a pleasure reading your posts over the past couple years and sharing the C7 JOURNEY!
    C7Man likes this.
    Frank
    2015 VY Stingray Coupe 1LT w/Black interior
    M7 NPP Nav PDR Transparent Roof Yellow Calipers

Member #
    Liked
    930 times
    I'm disappointed to read this new Gus.
    Your case is something I think about time to time, I have purchased my C7 as my last sport car but expecting that our health will permit to keep it for a long time.
    Many of us would want to see you staying in touch with this forum but on the other side it could be more difficult for you to focus on a different car without to think that the C7 was your dreamcar. Sure that a Cadi with the same V8 would give you the opportunity to keep a part of the Corvette world.
    All the best for the future...
    You will miss us !
    docjb and C7Man like this.
    SwisStingray aka Alain
    English is not my native language, so please be tolerant Hidden Content -- '15 Z51, Shark Gray, M7, MRC, 3LT Kalahari with Competition seats, carbon fiber instrument panel... Still added: Apsis carbon fiber console and diverses, GM front lip, Z06 grille, special painted wheels, MGW shifter, catch can, ACS side skirts, G3 fins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links