Z06 ordered with Engine Build & Buyers Tour
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Z06 ordered with Engine Build & Buyers Tour

Member #
    Liked
    145 times

Exclamation Z06 ordered with Engine Build & Buyers Tour

Well, I put the wheels in motion ordering a new 2017 Z06 3LZ. To make this thread a bit more interesting I will be going to Bowling Green to build my LT4 Supercharged Engine as part of RPO (option) PBC, I will also take part in the Corvette Buyers Tour RPO PD5, where I see my engine installed in the chassis and then follow my Stingray through the rest of the assembly process. Both options have hundreds of photos taken and documented in books.

I was a previous GM employee many years ago from the mid 70's to the mid 80's at the Rochester Products Division. I still have my GM Employee Badge and my UAW Skilled Trades Badge which I will wear at the plant (hoping to get employees to open up so I see and hear some insider info I normally wouldn't) during engine build and tour.

I haven't ordered a new car in many-many years. The last being a 1980 Corvette Stingray with the L-82 engine. I ordered on 11/22/79 and the car wasn't built and delivered until May 5, 1980. They built so few of the L82 engines that the engine factory in Tonawanda waited to run a large number at once. I know that won't happen to me this time as the factory is shutting down 6/2/17 for major changes.

I will try to keep this thread informative and interesting as I go through the process! I will show my build below, feel free to make comments, pose questions or whatever. The dealer will also be installing the Performance Aero Kit when it arrives from the factory, you'll see I ordered several components of the Z07 Package, but I didn't want all of the Z07, so this worked out well having that option.

RPO Description
    1YZ07 Corvette Z06 Coupe
    3LZ Z06 Preferred Equipment Group
    G1E Long Beach Red Tintcoat
    PCX Z06 Appearance Package
    SM8 Custom Floor Lid Z06 Embroidered Logo
    PBC Customer Engine Build Experience
    PD5 Buyers Tour W/Engine Build Experience
    5W8 Carbon Flash Ground Effects Package
    J57 Ceramic Brake Rotors w/o Z07
    J6D Painted Dark Gray Brake Calipers
    EYK Chrome Badge Package
    FAY Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
    AE4 Competition Sport Seats - Kalahari Leather
    M5U 8-Speed Paddle Shift Automatic
    Q6B Z06 Chrome Aluminum Wheels
    VRS Cargo Shade Genuine Accessory
    ER1 Battery Protection Package
    R8E Gas Guzzler Tax

Below ore the RPOs with MSRP

RPO M.S.R.P.
    1YZ07 $80,445.00
    3LZ $8,945.00
    G1E $995.00
    PCX $730.00
    SM8 $295.00
    PBC $5,000.00
    PD5 $2,500.00
    5W8 $2,995.00
    J57 $7,495.00
    J6D $595.00
    EYK $100.00
    FAY $995.00
    AE4 $1,995.00
    M5U $1,725.00
    Q6B $1,995.00
    VRS $170.00
    ER1 $100.00
    R8E $1,300.00
    Total $118,375.00

The Performance Aero Package lists at $595 installed.

Screenshots from Chevrolet Corvette build configuration show what the Z06 will look like.
    Name:  12-10-16 Z06 configuration Exterior 1.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  277.9 KBName:  12-10-16 Z06 configuration Exterior 2.JPG
Views: 316
Size:  252.5 KBName:  12-10-16 Z06 configuration Interior 2.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  169.6 KBName:  12-10-16 Z06 configuration Interior.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  180.5 KB
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    2017 Z06 3LZ A-8
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe
    L76 365 hp C60 Factory AC

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15074 times
    mjdart, you have "The Trifecta," your NCM Delivery, Buyers Tour and the Engine Build. That is going to be three amazing experiencdes, as will your culmination, the great Z06 being build for you. Please share with us on later posting on this thread how they all proceed.

Congratulations!!!
    jsvette, Janet C and zigfire66 like this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    1147 times
    Congrats and looks awesome!
    zigfire66 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    5600 and going up!
    Member #
    Liked
    1271 times
    Please keep us in the loop! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
    zigfire66 likes this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4506 times
    mjdart, congrats on the order of your soon to be C7 Masterpiece Z06. It reads like you're doing the full monty and it will be documented for your viewing and reading pleasure for years to come, "Outstanding" Have a blast on your new found adventures and pictures will be required later on for our viewing pleasure.

SF
    Rick
    zigfire66 likes this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    I will try to share all kinds of stuff that is of interest to all who love Corvettes, how they're built, the people who build them, and the process of doing this.

ENGINE BUILD
    Assemble the 650-hp supercharged LT4 engine for your Z06® at the new Performance Build Center inside the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. The Engine Build Experience is selected with order code PBC and is offered on all Z06 trim levels.

Includes:
    • A full day with a Performance Build Center engine assembly technician who instructs and oversees the build
    • A personalized engine plaque and poster identifying the customer who performed the engine build
    • Professional photography of the experience
    • Piston trophy commemorating the experience with customer name and date
    • Build Your Own Engine Polo and Z06 cap

After the order is submitted, personnel from the National Corvette Museum will handle concierge services for the customer, following up on the scheduled build date and handling logistics on the day of the build. The customer is responsible for travel costs to Bowling Green and lodging.

On the day of the engine build, the customer arrives at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant front door at 5:45 AM CT.
    5:45 AM – Greeted by National Corvette Museum Host
    5:45 AM – 6:00 AM – Continental Breakfast
    6:00 AM – Safety Presentation / Pre-Build Pictures
    6:30 AM – Build Begins
    11:00 AM – 11:45 AM – Lunch
    11:45 AM – 1:30 PM – Complete Engine Build
    1:30 PM – 2:30 PM – Cold Test Engine
    2:30 PM – 3:00 PM – Completion Ceremony
    3:00 PM – Departure (if circumstances allow, customers may tour the Bowling Green Assembly Plant)

Upon completion, the engine moves to the vehicle assembly area of the plant, where it will be installed with the scheduled assembly of the customer’s Z06. If you are interested in also watching your Corvette being built, RPO PD5 can be added on to the Engine Build so that the experience is compressed into a two or three day period and can be completed during one visit to Bowling Green.

The Engine Build Experience is the combination of two options for a total price tag of $7,500 (RPO PBC – $5,000 and RPO PD5 – $2,500) and includes the engine build, buyer’s tour, a photo album of your Corvette’s assembly and dinner with a senior manager from Bowling Green Assembly and a NCM representative. The option is available on sold orders only. Contact your favorite Chevrolet dealer to add this option on to your Corvette Z06 order.

Engine Build Program Cost: $5,000

For additional questions regarding the Engine Build program contact – Shane Webb at: shane@corvettemuseum.org or call (800) 205-4248 / (270) 777-4505. Lori Bieschke is also available to assist. She can be reached at lori@corvettemuseum.org or call (800) 205-4248 / (270) 467-8851.

BUYERS’ TOUR
    We are excited to be able to offer the Corvette Buyer’s Plant Tour in conjunction with the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant! This program is offered to provide new Corvette buyer’s with a tour of the Assembly Plant.

See and experience the assembly of America’s Sports Car with your very own personal tour guide. You and 1 guest can enjoy a private tour of the Plant to see many areas not included on the general Plant tour. Your tour guide will provide information at the paint areas, body start area, installation of seats, doors, trunk, steering wheel, airbags, engine, etc. in addition to the general tour stops such as the marriage point, first start, end of line, DVT and water testing.

Unforeseen events that may increase or decrease production time could affect the original projected start and/or finish time of the build.

Cost: The cost of the Corvette Buyer’s Plant Tour experience is $800.00 and is payable on-line upon registration below. You must have an order number from your dealer before you can sign up for this tour.

What to Expect: After you have registered and paid the $800.00 fee, the NCM will monitor your car’s order number status.
    Depending on when you sign up for this program, we’ll try to give approximately 10 days notice prior to your car’s build date. You will be contacted by a representative of the Museum to provide you with the estimated build date. At this time you can make travel arrangements. It is recommended that you purchase refundable airline tickets if you intend to fly, as the scheduled date may change due to unforeseen events that may increase or decrease production line rates.

Day of the Tour: You will be scheduled for a tour date and time. Please note that the plant operates from 6:12am Central Time to 4:42pm Central Time. You may need to arrive the day prior to your tour if you are scheduled for an early morning tour. Production schedule Monday through Friday, production days and hours may vary. The Regular plant hours are 6:12am to 4:42pm.
    The NCM representative will contact you if there are any changes to your scheduled date or time. It is very important that we are provided with a cell phone number in order to reach you on short notice or after your arrival to Bowling Green.

No Guarantee: It is the desire of the Museum and the Assembly Plant that your tour experience enables you to see your new Corvette during your visit, but we cannot guarantee this as part of the program. The National Corvette Museum and the Bowling Green Assembly Plant will not be responsible for any costs you incur for this tour whether you see your car or not. You will not be entitled to a refund if you do not see your car, but we do promise that you will receive a memorable tour of the Corvette Assembly Plant.

What to Wear/What to Bring: Closed toe shoes (no sandals) are a requirement for all visitors. No cameras, backpacks, purses, fanny packs, cell phones or other packages or containers may be brought into the plant except by special request (for medical reasons, etc.). All rules must be adhered to or tour will be terminated with no refund.

Age Restrictions: Children must be ten years of age or older.

Guests: You may bring 1 additional guest at no charge. A maximum of 2 people may go on the Corvette Buyer’s Tour.
    Advanced Registration: At least a 10 day advanced registration is required before the car starts being built.

R8C Museum Delivery Program: The Corvette Buyer’s Tour Program is NOT part of the R8C Museum Delivery Program. Museum Delivery Option R8C is totally separate and ordered through your Corvette Dealer at the time the order for your new Corvette is placed. If you purchased Museum Delivery Option R8C, you may also participate in the Corvette Buyers Tour by signing up through the link below. The additional fee required to participate in the Buyers Tour is $800.00 – this fee is in addition to the Museum Delivery Program fee. Please note that to participate in both programs will require two different trips to Bowling Green.

Corvette Photo Album: The Corvette Photo Album Program is NOT part of the R8C Delivery Program or the Corvette Buyers’ Tour Program, however – we do offer a discount if both the Buyers’ Tour and Photo Album are purchased jointly.

For additional questions regarding the “Buyers Tour” contact Museum Delivery Program Manager – Shane Webb at: shane@corvettemuseum.org or call (800) 205-4248 / (270) 777-4505. Lori Bieschke is also available to assist. She can be reached at lori@corvettemuseum.org or call (800) 205-4248 / (270) 467-8851.
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    2017 Z06 3LZ A-8
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Good and Bad News today from Dealer

Good - Order# VDXH2T placed and at Event Code 1100 3/10/17

Bad - SM8 Custom Floor Lid Z06 Embroidered Logo not available with 3LZ Package
    Explanation: 3LZ has real leather floor lid cover 1LZ & 2LZ do not, so embroidered Z06 logo on leather is not an option so I'm getting a $295 credit.
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    2017 Z06 3LZ A-8
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15074 times
    Congratulations on your order being placed by your salesperson. Suggest you contact him/her Tuesday and see if your order has moved forward (status 2000 and above means that GM has accepted and guaranteed to build you the Corvette you wanted).

Should you choose, you could take your $295 credit, contact SubChev our vendor, aka Trunk Monkey and see about getting an embroidered one that way if possible. Contact Rick Wenger, their Parts Mgr, a great forum supporter. Please mention StingRay Forums, call him at 1 (503) 668-5555. His typicalhours are M-F, 7:00 AM-4:00 PM (PST).
    mjdart and zigfire66 like this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    I had a long conversation with another member of this forum who also went to Bowling Green for the engine build. He was very pleased with the experience and gave me many tips on what to expect. He was given a disc with 600 photographs of his experience. He didn't partake in the Engine Builder buyers tour, but he told me they will also produce a book for me that I will receive later. I will share many photos of the experience so you all can get an insight. He told me 75 people selected the option last year and everyone who does has thier photo placed on a big wall in the factory (pretty cool). He also said he would do it all over again no hesitation. That's got me pretty excited about this experience. I will try to write this up as to my memories of it when I finally go.
    zigfire66 likes this.
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    2017 Z06 3LZ A-8
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    I've already bought a couple of items from the Trunk Monkey including the Mobil 1 oil filler cap! Always been a big fan of the Trunk Monkey Videos for at least a dozen years or more!
    I will look into that embroidered lid, I thought it looked pretty good.Name:  Z06 embroidery.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  75.7 KB
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    2017 Z06 3LZ A-8
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    285 times
    Will have to be one fun and interesting experience. Thanks for all you have and will share.

Joe
    mjdart likes this.
    79 corvette one owner
    2001 corvette one owner
    2015 ZO6 one owner

museum lifetime member #2639

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Thanks Joe for the kind words, I'll pass on alot of details from this. I know what it's like when something gets your interest and you have a hard time finding interesting, informative details and photos about it. Someone I spoke with shared this, one of the neat things the factory gives you as part of the engine build experience, a piston trophy. Also the sign from the factory announcing your build experience to the rest of the Bowling Green employees, it looks like the one in photo
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by mjdart; 03-11-2017 at 07:00 PM.
    plasboy, U.S. Marine and zigfire66 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Shane Webb from the Corvette Museum just called me. He is the Liaison between the factory and the buyer, he sets everything up and pairs you with a Corvette Factory engine builder. I scheduled my build date for April 25 and my Z06 will be assembled Wed & Thur., the 26th & 27th. Shane is sending a packet of information and he also emails the same. I was required to sign 2 release forms for being in the factory and also a publicity release in case they want to use photos and other material of me in advertising. See a few of 11 pages of information they sent me.
    Name:  Engine build Buyer 1.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  847.6 KBName:  Engine build Buyer 2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  1.13 MBName:  Engine build Buyers .jpg
Views: 221
Size:  1,014.5 KB
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    2017 Z06 3LZ A-8
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    My salesman does a good job keeping in touch as I do with him, here's a small update he sent me today.

Good morning Michael, Just want to give you an update on your order. Order# VDXH2T accepted and at Event Code 3000

Have a great day!
    jsvette and elegant like this.
    Past Corvettes:
    1985 4+3 Two Tone Bronze
    1980 L-82 White / Red
    1979 L-82 Black / Red
    Current Corvettes
    2017 Z06 3LZ A-8
    LT4 Built by me 4/25/17
    1964 Sting Ray Coupe

Mileage
    11500 km
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    That sounds like an amazing experience. Very nice option list also. Enjoy it thoroughly mjdart!
    mjdart likes this.
    2015, vin# 00144, Z51 7 speed manual, Laguna Blue convertible w/Carbon Flash race stripes, black top & 2lt black interior, magnetic ride, nav/pdr, performance exhaust, ACS Zero1 side skirts. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links