Introducing "TRIBUTE" - A 2017 Grand Sport Tribute to the 1963 Grand Sport #001
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Introducing "TRIBUTE" - A 2017 Grand Sport Tribute to the 1963 Grand Sport #001

Member #
    Liked
    4041 times

Introducing "TRIBUTE" - A 2017 Grand Sport Tribute to the 1963 Grand Sport #001

Photo Credit for most of the exterior photos - Todd Cooperider, Esoteric Fine Auto Detailing Owner

The following is a link to all of the photos taken by Todd Cooperider: https://flic.kr/s/aHskVMzrmw

I would like to thank the following for their significant contributions to the project:

- Mike Furman, Criswell Chevrolet, who helped me order the Grand Sport with no hassle or fuss and always made the journey fun.

- Steve Ray, Airbrushed Inc., whose expertise as an artist is what made the concept a stunning reality. If you truly want Steve's best work, give him a concept for what you want done, leave him alone, and be blown away by the finished product.

- Josh and Don, RPI Designs, who not only offer great products, but also provide exceptional communication and service after the sale.

- Sean Dunshee, VetteFX, who always comes through with the very best products and rush service when needed.

- The fine folks at American Car Craft, Apsis USA, ACS Composite, Cultrag Performance, GM Parts Direct, Wheels Boutique, and NoviStretch.

- Shawn Raines and the team at Corsa for their work on my exhaust system.

- Todd Cooperider and the team at Esoteric Fine Auto Finishing, who I now consider to be the very best when it comes to paint protection services and aftermarket parts installation. Todd is also a pro behind the camera lens.

- My friends, John Elegant, Steven Bell, and Mike Furman, for letting me bounce ideas off of them and for providing honest opinions about those ideas.

- My friends, Mark and Karen Thomas in Columbus, Ohio, and Gary and Torie Cockriel in Bowling Green, Kentucky, for their hospitality while I was in their cities for various trips associated with the project.

Modifications:

Steve Ray, Airbrush Inc. - Removed all body panels, sand and clear coat all body panels with three coats of clear, cut and buff all panels, custom carbon flash painted Grand Sport stripe with custom phantom Grand Sport in the stinger and velocity yellow edges, custom painted engine bay pieces and hood liner, custom painted interior parts, custom painted Z06 grille, custom painted rear bumper cover "Corvette" script and grill slats, paint tinted rear tail lights and side markers, custom machined and painted Grand Sport fender emblem

RPI Designs - Signature Series side skirts and splitter, painted front fender spats, interior replacement parts, painted windshield cowl, painted windshield wiper arms, various engine bay parts, various interior parts

VetteFX - LED side markers

American Car Craft - various engine bay parts

Apsis USA - Horn pad cover

ACS Composite - Diffuser fins

Cultrag Performance - Z06 grille, Stage 2 rear winglets

GM Parts Direct - Grand Sport floor mats, cargo mat

NoviStretch - Front bra

Corsa - Double Helix X-Pipe, Extreme Exhaust, Black Chrome Exhaust Tips

Wheels Boutique - Custom velocity yellow and carbon flash painted ADV.1 ADV 10 Track Function CS wheels with Continental Extreme Contact DW tires

Esoteric Fine Auto Finishing - minor paint finish work, installation of SunTek paint protection film and window tint (18% on the sides and rear), installation of PowerStop brake pads (front and rear), side skirt and splitter installation, Kamikaze ceramic coating on all exterior parts and wheels

This has been a long time coming, so with no further ado, my 2017 Grand Sport "Tribute!"

Name:  P1020915.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  562.1 KB
    Last edited by jagamajajaran; 03-14-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    Hidden Content

What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    WOW. Absolutely awesome
    jagamajajaran likes this.
    aka: John
    2017 Grand Sport CE 7M Watkins Glen Grey Ext, Tension Blue Int.
    2013 Jeep Unlimited Mango Orange, 4" lift, Magnuson Supercharger
    2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide, Screaming Eagle Stage 1 kit

Member #
    Liked
    841 times
    Jeremy! Fantastic! Congratulations so very well done! And well deserved!
    Frank
    2015 VY Stingray Coupe 1LT w/Black interior
    M7 NPP Nav PDR Transparent Roof Yellow Calipers

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15074 times
    Your car is absolute beautiful! Hail to "Tribute" and it being an outstanding C7 Grand Sport tribute to original Grand Sport, # 001. Great imagination Jeremy to envision this car!!!

And super-kudos also to the outstanding airbrusher, SteveRay/Steve@Airbrush Inc., who did not just the entire engine compartment, the hood liner, the hood and so much more. What an incredibly skilled artist!
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    4041 times
    Thanks, friends! There is so much information to share about the project from concept to reality, as well as information about all of the specific mods, etc. I hope to post that information tomorrow. One thing that I feel is very significant is the fact that everything is painted. There are absolutely no decals anywhere. Steve Ray did a phenomenal job on the paint work and so many others deserve credit as well. I shall also give credit to everyone involved when I post tomorrow.
    Hidden Content

What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

Supporting Vendor Mike@Criswell's Avatar
    Mileage
    1967 Corvette Cpe. Marina Blue/White/Blue int NCRS Member #19053 and Lifetime Corvette Museum #3003
    Member #
    Liked
    5763 times
    Jeremy, you have great vision and this Tribute Corvette will go down in history as one of the finest jobs done...You set out on a path and made this Corvette dream become reality. Congrats my friend.

Mike Furman

jagamajajaran and elegant like this.
    Mike Furman
    301 212 4420 desk direct
    Criswell Chevrolet
    Hidden Content
    Off Fridays and Sundays
    ~NCRS Member #19053 and Corvette Museum Lifetime Member #3003.

Hidden Content

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    12k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7562 times
    Well done Jeremy! Fantastic attention to detail on carrying the tribute theme throughout the exterior, interior and engine bay Enjoy!
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    184 times
    WOW. Very nice and yes your attention to detail is great. So nice i think i would be afraid to drive it any where but a real feast for the eyes to folks that can appreciate it.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    4041 times
    Thank you, friends! And thank you, Mike Furman, for helping me begin the process through the fun and professional experience of ordering my Grand Sport through you!
    Mike@Criswell likes this.
    Hidden Content

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1075 times
    That is beautiful! Job well done by all. Can't wait to see it person on the back of roads of TX an OK!
    Bryan
    1978 "Fastback Shark" - Shark grey was 50th BD gift to my bride.
    2015 Rebel 1 Stingray - Torch Red, Z51, 3LT, Manual, Custom Stinger, G3 splitter and skirts. Sold 3/31 at 20,800 smiles of miles. 20th anniversary gift.
    2017 Rebel 2 Grand Sport - Torch Red ext/Black int, 2LT, Manual, 22yr anniversary gift.
    Psalm 37:4

Member #
    Liked
    3495 times
    Very Cool, Jeremy. Very nice.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I love it.

I can't imagine the amount of research and effort that went into the build.

Absolutely beautiful!

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    WOW! Jeremy this is stunning. Your DFW friends will need to make a road trip north to see Tribute!
    2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Nav, PDR, Transparent Top. Previous- 2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe, 1997 C5

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4506 times
    Jeremy, WOW!! as I viewed each and every picture of your 2017 C7 Masterpiece Grand Sport Tribute! The 1963 Penske Corvette Grand Sport would be proud of its legacy and Roger Penske will be humbled by your well thought out masterfully executed Tribute. The attention to detail that was bestowed upon Tribute is impeccable along with the outstanding award winning masterfully sprayed paint. Now I wouldn't be surprised if Chevrolet started to offer their own special edition Penske C7 GS Tribute after viewing your 1 of 1 C7 GS Tribute. Maybe some day you could get Roger Penske to sign his name on it, that would be awesome. You and your entire team that brought life to Tribute went above and beyond and created a C7 Grand Sport Superior Masterpiece!!

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    1931 times
    Amazing attention to detail! Super cool!
    NCM Lifetime Member

Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15. Arrived 02/12/15.
    Hidden Content Valentine's Day
    2016 BASH
    Forum Rules
    Vendor Rules
    For-Sale Rules
    Business Rules
    Introductions
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content