New to the Corvette Ownership world from Decatur, IL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New to the Corvette Ownership world from Decatur, IL

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Welcome !

First thing I would do is move away from Decatur's Staley stench before it ruins your car !!!

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4506 times
    Blake, welcome aboard and congrats on your graduation and your graduation combined birthday present, it couldn't get any better than a C7 masterpiece as a gift. All the recommendations provided for your two problems should square away the situation.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    517 times
    Congratulations! The folks here are super helpful and you'll learn a lot about your Corvette, to supplement what is (and is not) in the manual.

Sorry to hear about your phone and pictures. Post one of you new Stingray when you can. We'd love to see your beauty.
    2014 Stingray Coupe, Lime Rock Green, 3LT Brownstone, A6, NPP

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I finally got a new phone so I can upload a few pics of me and the car!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    elegant, jsvette, twowinns and 3 others like this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Good news! It looks like a rubber stopper from the roof pin is missing and will be replaced and covered by warranty

Bedding the brakes seems to have corrected the odd squealing noise!

Happy camper!!
    rdslon01, jsvette and U.S. Marine like this.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    4117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beburton94 View Post
    Good news! It looks like a rubber stopper from the roof pin is missing and will be replaced and covered by warranty

Bedding the brakes seems to have corrected the odd squealing noise!

Happy camper!!
    That is great news.

If the brakes are sort of burnished, but not well-burnished, the noise may come back. Do understand that a little noise for the first 100 feet, or so, of braking after the car has been sitting for an extended period of time is normal. However, if the noise persists significantly longer than that, then they were not quite burnished well enough. However, you now know what to do (and the next time you may not have to burnish them as energetically as you already have). Anyway, you get the idea.

I am glad everything worked out for you!

EDIT: I have fully burnished mine once, and halfway burnished them a second time. Beyond that, normal use is enough to keep them from making noises. Like I said, I do sometimes get some noise if the car has just been sitting for more than a week, but in less than 100 feet of driving down the hill using the brakes a few times, the noise goes away.
    Last edited by rdslon01; 04-24-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Regarding the squeaks at the corner of the hard top, there has been a GM service bulletin on that issue. They change out the little wedge shaped washer for a slightly different one and that usually eliminates most of the squeaking noises...it did on mine. Also, in addition to the above mentioned fixes for brake squeal on Z51, they sometimes react to atmospheric conditions like high humidity etc.

Good luck and welcome aboard! I had my first Corvette at 17...a '64 coupe, so I wish for you the same kind of long term fun that I've enjoyed.😀
    Boomer and U.S. Marine like this.
    Hidden Content '15 Z51 COUPE Shark Grey 2lt Blk Int. 7spd , Mag Ride, Body Color Vents, Carbon Flash Badges, Navigation/PDR, X-pel film, Lashway Motorsports rocker skirts, TSW Nurburgring wheels, shark grey lower rear body panel, UV window tint.

'13 Blue Diamond 60th Anniversary '427' (1 of 97 w/unique stripe delete w/machine face wheels) custom painted wheel hubs, Xpel film, UV window tint, American Hydrocarbon engine bay dress up, door sill guards

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beburton94 View Post
    Thank you! It's where my heart has been for a long time.
    Your heart's about to be relocated to the back of your seat. Best of luck!
    2016 Stingray Z51, 7MT, White/Black 1LT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links