• 1 Post By elegant
  • 2 Post By ICU LQQKIN
  • 1 Post By joemessman

Thread: Corvette Demographics - Highest US Density

Member #
    Liked
    126 times

Corvette Demographics - Highest US Density

A month ago, we wrote an article about the current Corvette Demographics based upon 2015 sales numbers.

GM Parts Center, a Genuine GM parts supplier located in Arizona, recently compiled the data of online shoppers who have come to their site to purchase Corvette parts and put together some interesting demographic data.

Full Story: Corvette Demographics - Highest US Density
    We are New England's #1 Corvette Dealer and the 2nd Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

MacMulkin Corvette does NOT charge any admin or doc fees. The price we quote is the price you pay.

When you purchase a Corvette from us, you’re not just becoming another Corvette owner; you’re becoming a member of the family!

Call 603-888-1121 or Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Join Us On:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

ALL OUR CORVETTES ARE KEPT INSIDE IN A CLIMATE CONTROLED FACILITY UNTIL DELIVERED TO YOU!
    Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    221 times
    I'm curious if they have been able to make any progress appealing to a younger demographic? That "old peoples car" stigma was really bad with the C6 but with the C7 I hear it less and less.

I know some of us have broken from that mold (in my 30's first Corvette) and a few others on this site, no offense to any of the old timers, i'm glad you got the car yall wanted! I'm just curious if they have any actual data on age of purchaser available.

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15286 times
    The last information we saw, and this about 1 1/12 years ago, is that whereas the average age of a 2013 Corvette buyer was 61 years of age, that the average age of a C7 buyer was 52. Norm did extensive thread research on our SRF members and he too found that 51/52 was the average SRF C7 buyer.
    lobsterroboto likes this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    880 times
    I don't think the age demographics would be much different for any 2 seat sports car that cost upward of 60K. I do believe with the redesign of the C7, the car appeals to a much younger crowd, I think it always did. Given that, in IMO, when we are younger, we are busy with careers, family and just putting food on the table. A 2 seat sports car just does not fit into the "family" perspective ... even if we can afford it. Personally, I was too busy making ends meet to buy such a prize. I did pick up older cars that I tinkered with and resorted over the years ... but to buy a fancy sports car ... it was not a priority. I am happy to see the "old man" car is more interesting to the younger crowd.
    Ateupjoe and lobsterroboto like this.
    2015 - SG - Z07 - Coupe - A8 - 3LZ - Black Interior with Competition Seats - Visible CF Interior - Visible Carbon Fiber Roof - CFV Ground Effects - Pearl Nickel Wheels - VIN: 3939

Ordered via Kerbeck on 9/18/2014

1100 - 12/4/2014
    2000 - 1/19/2015
    2051 - 1/20/2015
    2500 - 1/20/2015
    3000 - 1/20/2015
    3100 - 2/06/2015
    3300 - 2/06/2015
    3400 - 2/12/2015
    3800 - 2/25/2015 Produced
    NCM Delivery - 3/19/2015

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The age of the C7 buyers that have been shown on recent delivery videos appears that the buyers are a little older than 51. There is a younger demographic but I have not seen it at car shows last summer.

Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    When I was at Cars and Coffee this past summer in Wilsonville, Or. A dealership had their exotics on display that the "young" salesmen had driven over. Ferrari, etc. I asked the five guys about the C7 and what they thought. Four of them stated that if you go on looks alone, that they preferred the C7, as well as best bang for the buck.
    STINGmole likes this.
    1LT Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat, Transparent Roof Panel, Body Color Painted Vents, 8-Speed Paddle, Performance Exhaust, Performance Data Video Recorder with Navigation, 3M Bra, Borla X-Pipe.

Sponsored Links