Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Undercover C7 Corvette was used to Bust Street Racers at TX2K15

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  007's VET 
#1 ·
News Newscaster Display device Newsreader Media

Last week was a big one in the world of fast cars. The TX2K annual meet and races were held from March 19-22, and Harris County Sheriffs was ready for the racing to spill on to the streets. They employed a new Corvette, equipped with the PDR, to suss out the offenders and blend in to the scene. They were able to observe racers lining up and then going hammer down on the streets of Houston. They ended up making several arrests and even turned up one DUI.

To read the full report and see the PDR video, follow the link: Caught on video: Alleged Corvette street racers in Harris County

See less See more
#2 ·
Very smart use of the C7 and outstanding that they are getting them off of the public streets before they kill someone and/or themselves! Thanks for posting Nick.

#3 ·
Do you think the officers had a lottery to see who would get that duty?

Reactions: Drezx6r and regguy1
#4 ·
My heart goes out to the officers making this sacrifice on the C7. I guess someone has to do it...

JLG

Reactions: Drezx6r
#5 ·
Sorry, but I don't see making light of getting illegal street races shut down.

#6 ·
Certainly not, but I'd expect this must be an exciting change of duty from the tough policing that they endure daily.

#9 · (Edited)
Good evening Sir, can I have your drivers license, registration and PDR SD Card please?? Oh Crap!! I didn't think about this!! What's the law in your state? Are we protected under privacy laws?

JLG

#10 ·
I just reviewed the video. Look at the ages of these 'racers'. I rest my case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.