Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AutoGuide.com
  • 1 Post By meyerweb

Thread: Convertible Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Spied for the First Time

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Convertible Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Spied for the First Time

General Motors did the unthinkable with the C7 Corvette Z06 by making the supercharged Stingray available with both an automatic and a droptop. As it gears up for the arrival of the ZR1, it appears GM may now commit blasphemy.

Spy photographers have snapped photos of a convertible C7 ZR1 prototype testing at GM’s Proving Grounds. This camouflaged car shares all the basics already displayed by recent ZR1 mules – aggressive aero work, a seemingly taller power dome, and even the same double five-spoke wheels – except this time, it ditches the tin top in favor of something a little more comfortable.

If and when the ZR1 droptop comes to market, it will be GM’s most premium open-air-oh-no-my-hair offering, topping both the Z06 and Camaro ZL1 ragtops in price, prestige and performance.
    Read more about the Convertible Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Spied for the First Time at AutoGuide.com.
    Mobius likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3495 times
    I wonder if we're seeing two different models. There are high wing and low wing versions of the coupe, and now a low wing convertible. I wonder if the low wing cars are ZR-1 street cars, and the high wing version a hard core race oriented model, like the previous Z06x. Or maybe they'll call this one the ZR-1x.
    elegant likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Sponsored Links