Thread: "ZR1" Is Its Name & Gas Guzzler Tax Is Its Game

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15074 times

"ZR1" Is Its Name & Gas Guzzler Tax Is Its Game

Thanks to a heads up from Jagamajajaran earlier today and now I see the below article from our friend Keith at CorvetteBlogger, with Keith quoting info from Rick Conti and CorvetteActionCenter confirming the dealer order guide ZR1 confirming information.

Name:  IMG_0847.JPG
Views: 3686
Size:  206.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteBlogger
    Gas Gussler Tax for 2018 Corvette ZR1 Spotted in GM Order System (By Keith Cornett)

Earlier this morning, we showed how GM has named the new Carbon 65 blue caliper color as “ZR1 Blue” in the dealer’s order system, and we speculated that the blue calipers are a harbinger for the 2018 Corvette ZR1.

Our friend Rick Conti saw that data earlier and posted the info on his website. We don’t have access to the GM’s order system, but luckily some others heard about this and after more investigation, the RPO R8E “Gas Gussler Tax, ZR1” was also spotted in the order system.

This latest update is from the Corvette Action Center who screen captured the new information:

Gas Gussler Tax for 2018 Corvette ZR1 Spotted in GM Order System

RPO J6B CALIPER COLOR ZR1 BLUE is an option, and RPO R8E which is nothing more than a Gas Guzzler tax, is referenced with ZR1.

Name:  IMG_0845.JPG
Views: 3671
Size:  69.0 KB

It sort of makes sense that the RPO for the ZR1 gas guzzler tax was found under the Z06 as they shared the same platform back in 2009-2013 and most likely will again for the C7 version.

We were already believers that the Corvette ZR1 was coming in 2018 and it looks like this information is pretty much the icing on the cake. The only real question is not IF the 2018 Corvette ZR1 is coming, but when…

Source:
    Corvette Action Center
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    4041 times
    The when...it's going to be a while. There is no rush to reveal since they won't start producing it until sometime after the three month plant shutdown. AND, I also imagine there won't be any ZR1 painted in the old paint shop, which means sometime in 2018 before all available colors will be available out of the new paint shop for the ZR1.
    Ateupjoe, elegant and U.S. Marine like this.
    Hidden Content

What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamajajaran View Post
    The when...it's going to be a while. There is no rush to reveal since they won't start producing it until sometime after the three month plant shutdown. AND, I also imagine there won't be any ZR1 painted in the old paint shop, which means sometime in 2018 before all available colors will be available out of the new paint shop for the ZR1.
    I'm not in the market for this, but a question: if what you say is what comes to pass, and the car doesn't come to market until well into 2018, wouldn't it be likely that Chevrolet market it as a 2019?

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4041 times
    No, I think it will be orderable late 2017 with production starting early 2018. This is going to be a limited production car so they don't have a reason to rush it to production.
    elegant and Spectre like this.
    Hidden Content

What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    4041 times
    So, I had my dealership check the ordering system and we discovered that there is no mention of the ZR1. Either the graphic I posted in the OP was a fake or GM removed the ZR1 references.

Hidden Content

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4506 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamajajaran View Post
    So, I had my dealership check the ordering system and we discovered that there is no mention of the ZR1. Either the graphic I posted in the OP was a fake or GM removed the ZR1 references.

Jeremy, someone probably input the option code and description in the ordering system without thinking and it was discovered quickly and the General slammed the door shut! Like posted I don't believe the ZR1 will be line built until the new paint facility is fully operational. I wonder what event the General will select to reveal the ZR1, that would be an excellent poll question. Corvette history is being made while we discuss the latest and greatest info concerning America's Sports Car!!

SF
    Rick
    jagamajajaran likes this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    If the ZR1 gets less mileage than the Z06 then the "gas guzzler tax" should be higher than for the Z06.
    NCM Lifetime Member

Hidden Content
    2016 Corvette Admiral Blue Z06 Coupe with Twilight Blue interior and the installation of a Callaway SC757 Supercharger Package.

Sponsored Links