• 1 Post By Mobius
  • 1 Post By rdslon01
  • 1 Post By Boomer

Thread: Corvette ZR1 Spied Getting Some Track Time with Crazy Aero Package

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Corvette ZR1 Spied Getting Some Track Time with Crazy Aero Package

Spy photographers have caught the 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 again, but this time with less camouflage and lapping the Nurburgring.

Now that the thick black camouflage has been removed, more of the ZR1’s aggressive, race car-like aerodynamics can be seen. Besides a huge rear wing, we can also now make out the new hood that has a huge bulging center section and two big vents, large air intakes in the front bumper, an enormous front splitter, different fender vents, and bigger rocker panels.

This Corvette ZR1 has also been spied with a less aggressive rear wing in the past, so this huge one will probably be optional when the car arrives. Rumors suggest the ZR1 will be powered by a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 that will output upwards of 700 horsepower.

We can also see huge brakes and dark blue calipers peeking out from the new lightweight wheels, a signature of ZR1 models from the past. The 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 should debut sometime next year as the final special edition C7 Corvette before the next-generation C8 model is unveiled.
    Read more about the Corvette ZR1 Spied Getting Some Track Time with Crazy Aero Package at AutoGuide.com.
    elegant, Boomer and BOBSZO6 like this.

Mileage
    97,000 miles in Vettes
    Member #
    Liked
    3292 times
    "The 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 should debut sometime next year as the final special edition C7 Corvette before the next-generation C8 model is unveiled."

Exciting times - and I can't wait for more C8 details!
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
    "Delta t = 23"

Member #
    Liked
    1442 times
    "Spy photographers have caught the 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 again, but this time with less camouflage and lapping the Nurburgring."

Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention to whats coming up with the Corvette but I was under the impression the C8 may be introduced in the 2019 model year.

So the C7 ZR1 and the C8 will both debut in MY 2019? Or will the C8 not debut at least till the 2020 MY?

I've already started negotiations with a nephew in law to sell him my C7 when the C8 comes out so I can pick up a new C8. I told him at Easter get together it might be in about a year from now and I'd give him a good deal.
    Last edited by Boomer; 04-19-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: clarity
    Mobius likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    4042 times
    What do you mean by C8? Some people use that term for the pending mid-engine car, others think the M-E car will be called something different, and the C8 will be the next regular production car. The most compelling information I've seen suggests:

ZR-1: late 2017 availability as a 2018 model.
    M-E car: late 2018 availability as a 2019 model.
    Replacement for the C7: 2019 availability as a 2020 model, or 2020 as a 2021 model.*

*The company that molds the panels for the C7 is doing a plant expansion to produce panels for a new Corvette. And they've publicly stated that they will be producing those new panels alongside the existing ones until 2020. Assuming the "new" Corvette is the M-E car, that means both the M-E and C7 will be produced side-by-side for some period of time. Building the C7 through the 2020 model year would be a 7 year production run, which isn't unreasonable. Dropping it after 2018 would be only a 5 year run, which is pretty short compared to past Corvettes.
    Boomer likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Mileage
    97,000 miles in Vettes
    Member #
    Liked
    3292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention to whats coming up with the Corvette but I was under the impression the C8 may be introduced in the 2019 model year.
    There's precedent.

Car and Driver: As per our latest report on the car published just last month, expect the totally new machine to arrive at the 2018 Detroit auto show and go on sale later that year. 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Mid-Engine C8 Spy Photos-Car and Driver

Motor Authority: A 2018 debut for the C8, which would likely see it arrive as a 2019 model, will give the C7 a relatively short lifespan. (It arrived as a 2014 model.) The reason for the quick changeover is because General Motors actually started working on a mid-engine design for the C7. 2019 Chevrolet Corvette (C8) spy shots

Road & Track: What you're looking at is a prototype for the mid-engined C8 Corvette testing alongside a couple of Corvette ZR1 prototypes in the snow, a place that none of these will ever be driven. - both the ZR1 and C8 look equally developed, and potentially could be introduced in the same model year. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...te-spy-photos/
    Boomer likes this.
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
    "Delta t = 23"

Member #
    Liked
    1442 times
    I guess it will all become clear over time.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    4369 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I guess it will all become clear over time.
    Would you like to bet a few Italian lira on that?

Name:  italy_1_lira_1940.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  70.2 KB
    Boomer likes this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    1442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    Would you like to bet a few Italian lira on that?
    Yea but maybe it'll take a lot longer than envisioned and end up being something nobody anticipated.
    rdslon01 likes this.

Sponsored Links