Thread: 280 Acre Arizona Race Track / Country Club Moving Forward

Member #
    Liked
    132 times

280 Acre Arizona Race Track / Country Club Moving Forward

From the Phoenix Business Journal:

$30M, 280-acre Car Country Club Development Moves Forward
    Article originally posted on Phoenix Business Journal on May 18, 2017
    Development plans for a country club for car collectors and enthusiasts have moved forward.

The Maricopa City Council has approved plans for the $30 million APEX Motor Club in Pinal County.

The APEX club south of Phoenix will include a four-mile race track and car condos for club members to house vehicles.

The development sits on 280 acres the APEX group bought from El Dorado Holdings, one of Arizona’s top real estate owners.

Construction could bring 400 jobs to Pinal County and another 30 when the club is complete.

“We are excited about APEX’s decision to build their motorsports club in Maricopa. The uniqueness of their development adds value to the City of Maricopa. It will, without a doubt, continue to add to Maricopa’s economic vitality and growth,” Maricopa Mayor Christian Price.
    2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    3709 times
    Competition for Spring Mountain. Why do they keep building these in places where the summer temps are going to be over 100 degrees?
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    800 times
    Because they can run 365!
    George likes this.
    2015 AW 7M
    Procharger Supercharger, D1
    Kooks Headers/X-pipe
    Corsa "Extreme" Axle Back with black tips
    XO Luxury Verona wheels on Michelin 265/30/20s and 305/30/20s
    Alky Control Meth Injection System

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Because your tires are warm before the first lap!

I saw that the place has a website with more information, just google their name.
    2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Member #
    Liked
    448 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Competition for Spring Mountain. Why do they keep building these in places where the summer temps are going to be over 100 degrees?
    It's also important to note the relatively large numbers of wealthy car owners in Maricopa County, compared to most other areas...especially in northern climates.
    Hidden Content '15 Z51 COUPE Shark Grey 2lt Blk Int. 7spd , Mag Ride, Body Color Vents, Carbon Flash Badges, Navigation/PDR, X-pel film, Lashway Motorsports rocker skirts, TSW Nurburgring wheels, shark grey lower rear body panel, UV window tint.

'13 Blue Diamond 60th Anniversary '427' (1 of 97 w/unique stripe delete w/machine face wheels) custom painted wheel hubs, Xpel film, UV window tint, American Hydrocarbon engine bay dress up, door sill guards

Member #
    Liked
    225 times

280 Acre Arizona Race Track / Country Club Moving Forward

Thanks for the memories. In 1973 I used to commute in my C3 from Phoenix through Maricopa to my job in Pinal County. Back then Maricopa was just a wide spot in the road with only a few businesses. We returned there last fall and were astounded at how large it had become. Based on the traffic patterns we saw last year I think Maricopa has become a bedroom community for Phoenix. Yes, the weather there permits year-round enjoyment of driving Corvettes, while air conditioning makes the summer heat bearable. Another plus is the roads in a warm climate are in much better condition than in cold climates where the roads have snow and salt every winter.
    Last edited by VietnamVet; 05-21-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    219 times
    As tracks like this are a resort/membership club model it's in their best interest to be able to provide track time year round and the more "member days" they have the more compelling it becomes to have a membership as tracks regardless of model tend to rent the track out for HPDE, club racing & some even pro racing.

In addition to being a nice climate to enjoy the resort style of some of these places like Spring Mountain or the upcoming LG motorsports place.

Just my two cents could be completely wrong. Could just be the owner of the club lives there and doesn't want to move.

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    3709 times
    I'm sure all the above answers are true. But at the same time, I was at Spring Mountain in March, and temps were already in the upper 80s low 90s. With AC, the Corvettes were OK, but I can't imagine driving a real race car on a black asphalt track, in Nevada, in July, unless I was getting paid to do it. But I guess if you can afford a membership there, and a race car, you can also afford a cool suit to wear while on the track.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Sponsored Links