Liked
    52 times
    Thanks for posting! Great video!
    2014 Stingray Black Z51 1LT Black wheels Black Windows

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    So I watched the video, tried it few times and still cannot close the rear deck lid fully first time. Have to push down on it with a palm. Not a big deal, may improve over time.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
    2014 C7 - torch red ext, jet black int; black rims, red calipers, Z51, glass roof, 3LT, NPP, auto, magnetic ride, coupe
    2002 C5 - torch red ext, jet black int, chrome wheels, glass roof, 3LT, auto, coupe

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    I just close it forcefully... Kinda slam it. To me it just feels like gaskets are stiff.

Member #
    Liked
    777 times
    I closed one today, just let it drop and then a slight push with my palm, very easy to do. Rather do this than slamming it.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Doesnt seem to be an issue for me!
    Velocity Yellow, Z51, Yellow Calipers, Black wheels, Perf Exhaust, 2LT, NAV Carbon Fibre Dash

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Have problems when everything is closed. Had the top off today and it closed with ease. Would like to know if there is a plan to fix the vent. Seems to be a common GM issue. My Escalade has the same problem with doors.

Member #
    Yep, I'm having the same problem with the rear hatch. It won't close fully without a lot of force. It closes easily when a door is open. I had the same problem with my C6 until the seal ruptured. It worked great after that. Not a good solution! I plan to be patient with the C7 for a while, but I do intend to follow up at the time of the first service if it has not become easier to close.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1912 times
    IT IS NEW....wait a few thousands miles, the gaskets will flatten...mine closes fine with one hand pulling it down....about 3100 miles on my car....
    CGM/Red base 2LT -here's everything I've done to this car:
    http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...ld-thread.html
    "If you don't make mistakes while doing mods, you're not doing enuf of them"

Mileage
    7k+
    Member #
    Liked
    1954 times
    Most of the time RedHot's (2130 miles) trunk closes without issue. It always closes easily if the roof panel is off.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Appears to be clearly the vent to me. If I have the door open, the hatch closes with very little force, using the handle inside the lid as GM recommends. It closes 100% of the time. Tired again this morning to close it with the door and window closed. Used quite a bit of force on the handle, much more than I use with the door open - it did not fully close. Pressing it down appears logical until you do it! The C7 hatch (like all the panels) is thin-you can see it defect!
    However it just requires thinking about how you open the door and hatch. If leaving and getting into the hatch, just leave the door open. Then close it after you open and close the hatch. If getting into the car, just open the door before opening and closing the hatch. Not really much extra effort just some planning, but the sequence makes it work. Maybe the seal will loosen, but that will take some time, if it does! This proves to me the vent is not large enough or not opening enough. Considering the amount of air that needs to be moved, not surprising an open door or window is much better.
    Last edited by Jerry U; 11-11-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links