All-New 8L90 8-Speed Automatic Transmission - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: All-New 8L90 8-Speed Automatic Transmission

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    The thump/lurch seems to occur when stopping more aggressively, not so much on a gentler more gradual stop.
    2016 DSOM Z51 A8 2LT coupe.

Mileage
    Broke-in and Breaking Out!!!
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Havingfun View Post
    In Europe, it's not a sports car if it is automatic. That's for old folks. In the Netherlands, you have to take your driver license exam in a manual car, otherwise the license is restricted to automatic cars only. That's embarrassing...
    How dare you call me old.

Now get off my lawn! LOL

Seriously, I drive an automatic cuz I drive a truck for years. I'm over the "shifting thing".

Besides, automatics are faster and I'd rather both hands on the wheel when I'm carving corners.
    Henry427 and cutnout like this.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    518 times
    if one drives in downtown San Francisco or hills around Seattle then they will love the automatic. Charlie aka cutnout
    Liner Boy likes this.
    2016 Coupe W/Z51, 3LT, auto, chrome wheels, magnetic ride control W/PTM, remote start, Long Beach Red Metallic--ordered in late September and delivered December 8th, 6 miles on the odometer. Charlie

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    3814 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cutnout View Post
    if one drives in downtown San Francisco or hills around Seattle then they will love the automatic. Charlie aka cutnout
    What's that?

Name:  Nob-Hill.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  191.0 KB
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    518 times
    I drove a 5 speed 280 ZX to the top of the hill and caught a light red with a guy on my rear bumper--kinda dicey when the light turned green. Charlie aka cutnout
    rdslon01 likes this.
    2016 Coupe W/Z51, 3LT, auto, chrome wheels, magnetic ride control W/PTM, remote start, Long Beach Red Metallic--ordered in late September and delivered December 8th, 6 miles on the odometer. Charlie

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    3814 times
    Yeah, the funny thing is that the picture above (of California Street looking west toward Nob Hill) was a street that never even caused me to break a sweat.

On the other hand, I remember the first time I ever went up to Nob Hill. I was northbound on Taylor Street. If you are familiar with it, you know how the slope gets steeper the closer you get to the top. It had been raining that day, and the streets were still wet. When I first started up, I had no idea that it would get steeper the higher I got. Then I had to stop at the top for traffic. Man, you can talk about a boy sending up some prayers...
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links