Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: C7 & BringGo Navigation Question

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Another case of a salesman speaking about things they have never researched. It was well known by all the Consultants that kept up with training and product updates.

I have a company looking into a Nav retrofit for a few local guys.

We ordered all of our C7 inventory with Nav. We gave the option to people that placed orders.
    Car nut for life.
    Holding out for a Z07.
    C6-LS3 Cam, Headers, 3600 Stall, Trans Cooler, etc...
    09 Hayabusa- Spiney thing in the exhaust 468RWHP
    95 Dodge Cummins- 9.5 1/4 mile
    Gone-C6 Procharged with a 100shot 416ci 1138RWHP
    Gone-07 CTS-V Procharged 427ci 847RWHP
    Gone-12 Camaro SS- With a few toys
    Many others along the way.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1765 times
    Paul is saying they will sell nav as an accessory...so am I..and guess how much it will be? at least $995....no other business plan makes sense except that one....If it's less than that, they will never sell another nav package when the car is spec'd for build....
    CGM/Red base 2LT -here's everything I've done to this car:
    http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...ld-thread.html
    "If you don't make mistakes while doing mods, you're not doing enuf of them"

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    I'd also be interested in having Nav installed as soon as it's a dealer-installed accessory. We'll see if GM will have this go in fruition...

Member #
    Liked
    1284 times
    Chrysler has enabled their uConnect system to allow the dealers to flash the unit and enable nav for the same price as ordering it from the factory. The only caveat, the non nav radio only has 8meg RAM so some advanced features like voice integration and true positioning (using the inboard computer to extrapolate position when the signal is lost link in a tunnel or in a big city) aren't enabled. So, if you upgrade through the dealer you pay the same as ordering from the factory but get a neutered app. At least it's an option with them, GM has gone the other route and will require a complete Module replacement plus GPS antenna.

There's already a vendor getting ready to do the swap on the 2014 GM trucks. They have broken the code on the radio modules and will be offering a kit for $999 preprogrammed with your VIN. I found this on a GM Truck forum and have a PM out to the poster to get their company name and whether this will work on the C7. I'll post whatever I find.
    Last edited by mjw930; 11-09-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    Mark

2014 2LT Z51 7sp Coupe
    2014 RAM 1500 (tow vehicle)
    2012 VW CC (wife's daily driver)

Member #
    Liked
    1284 times
    Supposedly it's this part plus programming and in the trucks, a GPS antenna.

23427513 F-MODULE for GM
    Mark

2014 2LT Z51 7sp Coupe
    2014 RAM 1500 (tow vehicle)
    2012 VW CC (wife's daily driver)

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    We have a Spark and the software is loaded into the My Link system of the car. You have to purchase the BrinGo app after the trial is over for $59.99 and it works via a USB port in the car. Didn't think it worked on any other car besides the Sonic and the Spark. Theirs is why they offer the Nav in the C7 as an option. That dealer should pay for your purchase if they gave you false information.

Junior Member jim@janicekmeida.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Sadly, the dealer quoted me 1995.00 to add nav into my C7 after the fact. A huge downer, so I'm living with my iphone 5s nav for now. Tried the Nav from OnStar which is OK (750 for 3 years) but it does not have a nice visual map to support it. Hopefully, GM will get a clue and think about the kind of very valuable app dev that could happen if they'd let the higher end customer (The engineers who've afforded a c7 and want to play) get the unlocked software to use the system properly.
    2014 C7 Stingray 2LT
    1964 C2 Stingray Custom Conv.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jim@janicekmeida.com View Post
    Sadly, the dealer quoted me 1995.00 to add nav into my C7 after the fact. A huge downer, so I'm living with my iphone 5s nav for now. Tried the Nav from OnStar which is OK (750 for 3 years) but it does not have a nice visual map to support it. Hopefully, GM will get a clue and think about the kind of very valuable app dev that could happen if they'd let the higher end customer (The engineers who've afforded a c7 and want to play) get the unlocked software to use the system properly.
    As I work for GM, I can't give the "how to" directions on developing software for the MyLink system. But a little time on Google will get you the info you need. There are already people developing various apps and adding features to the MyLink systems. Hint-Look outside of the Corvette world for this info.
    Car nut for life.
    Holding out for a Z07.
    C6-LS3 Cam, Headers, 3600 Stall, Trans Cooler, etc...
    09 Hayabusa- Spiney thing in the exhaust 468RWHP
    95 Dodge Cummins- 9.5 1/4 mile
    Gone-C6 Procharged with a 100shot 416ci 1138RWHP
    Gone-07 CTS-V Procharged 427ci 847RWHP
    Gone-12 Camaro SS- With a few toys
    Many others along the way.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Great discussion... I'll be watching this tread closely as I have the same situation. No Nav. I have found the OnStar directions to be helpful and it even recalculates when I leave the route.

Keep us posted!

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1765 times
    Crawler- if you work for GM, I'd appreciate an expert word here.

If CHEV offers nav on a car, will they ever participate (not what an owner can hack) in offering a service like map streaming with video to the chev display ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links