Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Power Stop Z26 Brakes

Senior Member Cmicasa the GreatXvX's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    129 times

Power Stop Z26 Brakes

Whooah.. Just put some Powerstop Z26 brakes on my Z51 and wow what a huge.. and I mean huge difference in brake dust on my black wheels. I notice zero difference in stopping distance. Went with part #419-Z26-1474A (Front) and 419-Z26-1718 (Rear) from JEGS. Came to $121.98 free shipping. Thinking that if they are avail for my VSeries I will be ordering another set

BIG O likes this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51, Blade Silver, Jet Black Interior, Delivered To My Office Feb 28,2014
    Options: 3LT Package, 7-Speed Manny, Black Wheels, NPP, Nav, Transparent Roof, Ported TB, CAI, and DiabloLew Tune

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Did it fix the dreaded slow speed squeak? Or did you change them purely to fight the dust?

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SKVETTE View Post
    Did it fix the dreaded slow speed squeak? Or did you change them purely to fight the dust?
    NO squeal and dust is minimal. I seriously had to take a white towel and wipe over the wheels to see any dust. Before.. I could see dust a mile away. Now.. I have to look for it. Very happy with these. Definitely going with this brand when my other vehicles need a brake pad change.. if avail.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51, Blade Silver, Jet Black Interior, Delivered To My Office Feb 28,2014
    Options: 3LT Package, 7-Speed Manny, Black Wheels, NPP, Nav, Transparent Roof, Ported TB, CAI, and DiabloLew Tune

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    310 times
    We just got the Z26 pads for our Z06 hope too install this weekend. Hate the brake dust!!
    16, ZO6 Coupe, Torch Red, 2LZ, Chrome Rims, Jet Black, Auto, Nav, PDR, visable carbon fiber roof, Stage 3 Aero , Keith & Joy

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3895 times
    Just ordered the Power Stop Z26 Extreme Brake Pads for my 2017 Grand Sport, part numbers Z26-1405 and Z26-1718, on Amazon for $110.61 total, shipped and no tax. They are on sale there right now.
    Last edited by jagamajajaran; 01-07-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    BobH and Jwsmpsnjr like this.
    Hidden Content

What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    C7 15,000 miles
    Member #
    Liked
    2204 times
    These pads are also available at RockAuto.com at a very attractive price. RockAuto is a forum sponsoring vendor.

Also, it has a discount code of 5% soon expiring

5% Discount Code: 6765D30DF18CCD
    Expires: January 11, 2017
    Order placed Sept 16 2014, Roadster, 2LT, Z51 mag ride, 8AT, PDR/NAV. Night Race Blue, Jet Black interior, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Badges.
    wrapped in Xpel Ultimate, came home Oct 31. Using Range AFM Suppression
    "The Beast"

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3895 times
    Good to know...thanks!
    Hidden Content

What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    272 times
    Anyone on the fence about trying these, I can tell you there is no need to worry... in fact, they'll likely be your favorite "mod" to your C7. The brake dust is virtually eliminated, even with black wheels. Most of the "dirt" on your car actually comes from your own brake pads dusting, so changing to Powerstops not only kept my wheels cleaner, but also kept my entire corvette cleaner! I haven't done any scientific brake testing, but cannot distinguish any different in braking capability to the stock pads... The car still stops fast and true, best braking car I've ever owned to be honest!
    jagamajajaran likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Thanks for the info.

I'll definitely check them out.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the post. Definitely will check them out.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3895 times
    Most reviews I've seen around the web show consistent ratings of between 4 and 5 stars out of 5 stars. The following is some information I found about Power Stop brake pads and products (The graphs referenced in the information were not on the website where I found this information.)

Power Stop — Innovation & Research
    Power Stop

Power Stop Extreme Performance Brake Rotors & Pads were first introduced in California in 1997. Over the years, Power Stop has earned a reputation for high quality by assuring tight tolerances and the best materials. Their mission is to provide the best solution for your vehicle's braking problem. Power Stop uses extensive testing to develop the best rotor and pad combination for your vehicle and driving style.

Today, Power Stop is more committed to new product development and innovation than ever before. Their demanding criteria mandates high pad bite without high temperature fade or pedal pressure deterioration. They use independent dynamometer testing to validate brake performance including pre-burnish (green) friction, high temperature brake fade, pedal pressure sensitivity, speed sensitivity and noise.

A limited range of brake rotor applications are manufactured in Power Stop's US-based facility with a larger percentage manufactured to Power Stop's specifications, blueprints and processes developed over years of experience by their manufacturing partners overseas. Each rotor is carefully analyzed for the best drill or slot pattern and modeled with CAD software.

Power Stop stands behind their brake rotors with a unique 3-year / 36,000 miles warranty against cracking (when combined with Power Stop Brake Pads purchased and installed together).

The Science Behind the Power Stop Solution:

• High carbon rotors improve temperature stability and heat transfer – Power Stop uses the finest blanks featuring G3000-grade castings from the best foundries in the world. Most foundries lower carbon to increase tensile strength and hardness. Power Stop rotors have a carbon content that is 3% more than competitive brands while maintaining 210 Brinell hardness and 250 MPa tensile strength. The microstructure is an ideal homogenous matrix of perlitic and graphite flakes.

• Castings are made from primary scrap and charcoal pig-iron without residual contamination from secondary scrap metals – Some foundries dump scrap in the material with residual elements such as Niobium, Vanadium, Molybdenum, Titanium and Tungsten. These residual materials cause the formation of uncontrolled carbides in the microstructure that weaken the casting.

• Precise machining – Power Stop rotors are carefully machined to prevent stress risers, and they are guaranteed not to crack for 3 years / 36,000 miles when combined with Power Stop brake pads purchased and installed together. (See Power Stop's Warranty for more details.) All products conform to OE dimensions for a perfect fit every time.

• Fade resistant friction – Power Stop Brake Pads are specifically engineered to hold a high coefficient of friction above 1000°. Where other pads show brake fade, Power Stop consistently delivers superior brake power verified via independent test results comparing brake performance with other leading brands. Power Stop Brake Pads deliver up to 35% more pad bite and longer pad life.

• Posi-mold brake pads – Power Stop brake pads use positive mold technology. Posi-mold pads enable consistent density as the material is hot pressed at over 6,000 psi. The result is consistent performance and low noise. All pads are asbestos-free.

• Zinc-dichromate plating – Power Stop's plating resists rust and keeps the rotors looking new. Some competitors use cadmium plating which is highly toxic and a potential cancer risk. Cadmium is banned in Europe and with all major vehicle manufacturers.

Power Stop Brake Pads Technical Data
    Power Stop Premium Brakes

Brake performance can vary greatly with different brands. Some aftermarket pads lose over 50% of the pad bite at high temperature or at high speeds. Over the past 15 years, Power Stop has developed the best performing brake pads in the business.

Power Stop pads are used by premier installer shops throughout North America. They have earned a reputation for OE-quality friction and great stopping power, low dust, and noise-free.

Power Stop validates friction performance using stringent SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) tests run by independent test labs. The following data shows braking power, noise and wear results for Power Stop Evolution Ceramic compared with some popular aftermarket brands.

Noise Test Results using SAE J2521

Brake noise is caused by pad vibration. Power Stop pads feature dual layer rubber shims to dampen vibration and eliminate noise.

Brake squeal can also occur if the backing plate is loose on the caliper guides. Power Stop uses precision stamped backing plates to assure good fitment to the caliper.

This graph shows the number of noisy stops for various aftermarket brands on a Chevy Tahoe. Compared to other brake pads, Power Stop pads are exceptionally quiet. Some “premium” aftermarket pads produce annoying brake squeal one out of every four stops.

The bottom line: Power Stop pads have OE-level noise performance.

Stopping Power

Brake performance is measured by mu, the coefficient of friction. Brake pads typically lose pad bite at high brake temperature or at high speed. This loss of stopping power is called brake fade.

The next graph shows the minimum mu (pad bite) for some popular aftermarket brands. The higher the mu the more pad bite.

The graph shows that Power Stop Evolution Ceramic Pads have significantly better pad bite and shorter stopping distance.

The OE friction coefficient is normally above 0.30 even at 1500°. Power Stop’s minimum mu is 0.34. Some aftermarket brands lose more than 50% of the pad bite with mu around 0.15.

The bottom line: Power Stop has close to OE-level performance for safer, faster stops.

Pad Wear

The following chart shows pad wear during the ISO NWI 26867 test on a Chevy Tahoe.

One brand lost 42% of the pad thickness. Most pads average about 10%–13% wear during the test.

The bottom line: Power Stop pads have better than average wear characteristics.

Power Stop® Extreme Performance Brake Systems and the Bob Bondurant® School of High Performance Driving are proud to announce a breakthrough partnership to keep our roads safer and our drivers more secure.

Bondurant, considered the premier high performance driving school in the US, and Power Stop, the leader in brake kits in the US, have aligned their products and services to raise awareness of the Power Stop “1-Click Brake Kit®” system, which is set to innovate the way our cars keep us safe.

“We are honored and humbled to enter into a collaborative partnership with the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving,” states Arvin Scott, Chief Executive Officer at Power Stop.

“This partnership marks a significant milestone in Power Stop’s growth and development as the leading performance brake program in North America. Power Stop is in the early stages of developing a race track/street performance brake package, and the testing, analysis, and feedback from the drivers and staff at Bondurant School of High Performance Driving will greatly assist our engineering team in developing the safest and most reliable high performance braking for auto enthusiasts all over the world.”

Power Stop, the #1 e-commerce brake kit supplier in the United States, has signed a five (5) year agreement with Bondurant to provide rotors, brake pads, and calipers to the school in a strategic partnership. The partnership will allow the Bondurant team to test those brake assets on their 1.6 mile track, while providing constant feedback and results to Power Stop for continuous improvement of the brake system.

“The thrill of partnering with a premier brake performance brand at the school is amazing” states Bob Bondurant, Chief Executive Officer of the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving.

“We offer the highest quality, most advanced training techniques in the world. On the street or on the racetrack, the capabilities of most cars are way above the capabilities of most drivers. The Bondurant school tries to even that out, and with the Power Stop partnership we will be able to improve the safety for drivers everywhere. At the school we are always looking at ways to improve the curriculum and safety of our students and this is another way of accomplishing that.”

Darren Law, Chief Operating Officer at Bondurant, is excited at the prospect of partnering with such an established name in the brake industry.

“Bondurant is very selective in its partnership agreements and after working with Power Stop, understanding their capabilities from an engineering standpoint, and knowing the positive reputation they hold within the industry, we feel this is the perfect partnership. We look forward to helping them advance and grow their product line as well as having them help us improve the performance and safety features of our cars,” he said.
    Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
    These pads are also available at RockAuto.com at a very attractive price. RockAuto is a forum sponsoring vendor.

Also, it has a discount code of 5% soon expiring

5% Discount Code: 6765D30DF18CCD
    Expires: January 11, 2017

^^^ This is why we have a community of enthusiasts. I help.. U help.. we all help. Love it. Just ordered (with 5% discount) a set for front and rear of the V. If they work as well on it as they do on the Z51 I will be one happy SOB
    Milliwatt Rob likes this.

Hidden Content

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I also ordered a set for our GS too the other day...... in route now should arrive tomorrow (Thursday).

Now, I need to get another torque wrench, as mine only goes up to 75 ft pounds, and the Vette's wheel lugs are 100 #.......... The one I have is a Craftsman, and I like it. Anyone happy with other limited use brands ??? Not looking to spend a fortune on something occasionally used.

Thanks,
    Richard & Angie
    Gettysburg, PA

2017 Grand Sport 3LT Arctic White / Red A8
    2016 2LT Coupe Laguna Blue/Gray A8 (GM Buy Back)
    2013 60th Anniv 427 Vert (Sold)

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Strake View Post
    I also ordered a set for our GS too the other day...... in route now should arrive tomorrow (Thursday).

Now, I need to get another torque wrench, as mine only goes up to 75 ft pounds, and the Vette's wheel lugs are 100 #.......... The one I have is a Craftsman, and I like it. Anyone happy with other limited use brands ??? Not looking to spend a fortune on something occasionally used.

Thanks,
    I think you' ll be fine with your torque wrench.

We've been torquing wheels down for years (with no torque wrench) with no adverse affects.

You'll be fine with 5 lugs torqued at 75 ft/lb each.
    Strake likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    724 times
    Harbor Freight has inexpensive torque wrenches! There 1/2 inch goes to 150 ft pds. Very well made and does the job.
    Strake likes this.
    2015 AW 7M
    Procharger Supercharger, D1
    Kooks Headers/X-pipe
    Corsa "Extreme" Axle Back with black tips
    XO Luxury Verona wheels on Michelin 265/30/20s and 305/30/20s
    Alky Control Meth Injection System

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links