Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chip

Thread: 2015 StingRay Changes

Member #
    Liked
    3519 times

2015 StingRay Changes

Ah yes, another conjecture thread, for no one outside the inner Corvette team circle knows what they will be. As many on this forum have said they are waiting for the 2015, here's some thoughts on what we might see, and might not see:

MSRC availability on all models (not just Z-51's);

One or two 2014 colors will go away (based on relatively poor sales compared to other colors), with attendant replacement colors. The number of colors available next year will be the same total of ten as we have this year, so what
    one or two do you think will go away, and what will be the replacement color(s)?

The infotainment system will be "internet capable." If the car is moving, it will only be a voice actuated system. If parked, there will be touch screen keyboard capability.

Factory option of same colored grills, vents and lower rear fascia as the exterior body color, available on all colors (just as currently an option with Cyber Gray).

Different wheels for the "entry/non z-51";

If you chose the exposed CF roof, it will be part of a package which includes the corresponding "halo bar" being exposed CF -- looking visually similar to the following picture (though that is a customer mod, with both in carbon flash metallic).

Additional CF interior option for the area that "surrounds" the console shifter.

A new Z07 model as per this thread.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...fferences.html

Additional changes to the 3LT black interior, to greater visually-separate from the black 1LT and 2LT interiors, and, similarly, greater visual changes to the black interior between the 1LT and the 2LT.

Conversely, not expecting more HP, nor TQ (except for Z07); do not foresee the 8 speed auto until 2016.

Other than hoping for Z07 reveal in January at NAIAS, and even if that were to occur, do not believe we will learn about the other, official StingRay 2015 MY changes until the April "Bash" at the National Corvette Museum. (Orders for the next year's model typically can be placed around May.)

Will see how many omissions or "commissions" to the above list will end up being wrong or missing.

What do you think?

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1727 times
    Not a popular post I'm sure, but I'm guessing nothing will change, except some updates on parts and such. Maybe a new ext color but I really doubt that too.

Member #
    Liked
    1283 times
    I sure wish GM would allow for the addition of the Mag. shocks option on the non-Z-51.
    elegant likes this.

Big Rock between Venus and Mars (Michigan)
    Mileage
    Not Enough !!
    Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    You might get your wish.
    For a few days when the configurator was launched, you could choose it as an option. Then it went away and was only offered if you selected the Z-51.

I'd like to see the rear wing molded into the rear fascia and not a bolt on.

We're talking GM here, I don't expect many if any changes other than dropping / adding of paint colors and an increase in base prices.
    "I spent half of my money on Booze, Women and Gambling. The other half I wasted." W.C. Fields

Links