Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: seven speed manual. Hope the skip shift is gone!

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Lmao!
    Glen

Junior Member liberal_extinction's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoVetteGo View Post
    Thanks for the responses! I will keep my initial comments to myself! Let's see - let's go out and buy an expensive sports car for its economical value! Yeah, I get it????????? NOT!
    haha, it's not about the fuel economy, it's purely about avoiding having to charge the gas guzzler tax. Would you rather pay an extra $2600 (that's off of a ZL1 camaro invoice) in tax to appease the moonbats or just have to buy a $20 jumper & bypass the skip shift?
    Last edited by elegant; 01-23-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    GQ4Life likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Its free to deactivate for everyone crying they dont care about gas milage.. HIT THE F GAS.. LMAO..
    On my camaro mine went on maybe once in traffic for the whole 12,000 miles I had it.. I drive the car like it was meant I give it gas.. then I usually goto 3rd.. I like the 1st to 3rd on city driving..
    When I supercharged my car the tuner Jannetty Racing tuned out the skip shift..

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I have skip shift on my Challenger 6 speed manual. If you don't expect it, which you won't, the shift from first to forth results in an unexpected loss of power that can and will prevent you from accelerating from an awkward situation if you need to. I think it is dangerous, so for $15. I bought a skip shift eliminator which solved the problem. The skip shift light will still illuminate but transmission will shift from first to second as normal, not first to forth. It was a simple fix for my Challenger, doubt it would be much more difficult for your C7, took about five minutes to install. Below is a picture of the skip shift on the Challenger.
    http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...SkipShift2.png

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    2 choices that I'm aware of.
    1) Buy the plug assembly and install it to 'fool' the computer and retain the dash indicator when in skip ship mode.
    2) Get into the tune and change one parameter to eliminate the skip shift which will also eliminate the dash indicator.

'14 Stingray - Z51, 7 speed, Mag Ride, Clear roof, Chrome wheels, Perf exhaust, Laguna Blue, 3LT Black Int
    - Adopted 1/2

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Ugh. I didn't realize this. Glad to have the heads up before I got stuck in traffic. :-(

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PoconoG View Post
    Ugh. I didn't realize this. Glad to have the heads up before I got stuck in traffic. :-(
    Disenages itself in 1 second if u dont make it to 4th gear. Which I usually cant get it in then in second disengages and I goto 3rd
    Dual CF Roofs

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PoconoG View Post
    Or like I did on a frost covered hill with the wife on board. Damn thing got me all tangled up with what I was doing and got me sideways. Had I made it into second like I was trying to do it would have been no problem.

'14 Stingray - Z51, 7 speed, Mag Ride, Clear roof, Chrome wheels, Perf exhaust, Laguna Blue, 3LT Black Int
    - Adopted 1/2

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    I will undoubtedly be looking into how to over-ride or program it out.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Skip Shift is more than an irritant, could be a safety issue. Finally warm enough (for a day) to get under the car and install a Skip Shift Eliminator. Works great. Made a How To Install and included how to jack up the Corvette high enough for access for those new to DIY for the Vette.
    Check it out the 8 page report with pics at NetWelding.com/Reports_Vette_Info.htm

Name:  Skip_Shift.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  17.8 KB
    Last edited by Jerry U; 02-10-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links