Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: seven speed manual. Hope the skip shift is gone!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Ugh. I didn't realize this. Glad to have the heads up before I got stuck in traffic. :-(

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PoconoG View Post
    Ugh. I didn't realize this. Glad to have the heads up before I got stuck in traffic. :-(
    Disenages itself in 1 second if u dont make it to 4th gear. Which I usually cant get it in then in second disengages and I goto 3rd
    Dual CF Roofs

Mileage
    12k and change
    Member #
    Liked
    462 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PoconoG View Post
    Or like I did on a frost covered hill with the wife on board. Damn thing got me all tangled up with what I was doing and got me sideways. Had I made it into second like I was trying to do it would have been no problem.

'14 Stingray - Z51, 7 speed, Mag Ride, Clear roof, Chrome wheels, Perf exhaust, Laguna Blue, 3LT Black Int
    - Adopted 1/2/2014

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I will undoubtedly be looking into how to over-ride or program it out.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Skip Shift is more than an irritant, could be a safety issue. Finally warm enough (for a day) to get under the car and install a Skip Shift Eliminator. Works great. Made a How To Install and included how to jack up the Corvette high enough for access for those new to DIY for the Vette.
    Check it out the 8 page report with pics at NetWelding.com/Reports_Vette_Info.htm

Name:  Skip_Shift.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  17.8 KB
    Last edited by Jerry U; 02-10-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1605 times
    I've read that the version of the skip-shift that is found on the C-7 is not as intrusive as was the case for previous generations. In your opinion; True or not?

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    I've read that the version of the skip-shift that is found on the C-7 is not as intrusive as was the case for previous generations. In your opinion; True or not?
    Not sure both camaro and this corvette it barely ever comes on for me.. corvette comes on at a later speed 18mph instead of 15mph
    Dual CF Roofs

Mileage
    8000+
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I bought a CAGS (skip shift) eliminator kit from Zip Products... This kit includes two plugs. One to cap the solenoid (for weather protection) and one for the end of the harness that used to go to the solenoid (this one contains the resistor that simulates the solenoid for pacifying the computer). Not sure why the two plugs on the kit shown above are connected by the red wires... they aren't really required. Have not installed yet (too cold in garage, here in Wisconsin), assume all that will need to be done is to wire up the newly 'plugged' harness loose end, so it doesn't flop around and get on the exhaust pipe.

Photo of Zip Products kit:
    Name:  DSC09888.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  1.40 MB
    Al K.
    ordered 10/01/2013 - Picked up on Nov 22, 2013
    first - maroon '66 conv 327/300 4 spd w/AC, second - red '84 Z51 coupe auto, third - yellow '03 conv auto, forth - '14 torch red/adrenaline red, 7 spd, 2LT

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Im just get tune and tune it out
    Dual CF Roofs

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    6587 times
    Thanks Autoxal. Please let us know how this works out once your weather improves, and you can test it out. For $20, nice mod, and so simple to do.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hi, will a CAGS unit from a manual C6 work on the C7? I think it will so will plan to take it off my 2010 when traded in and let the next owner deal with the hassle!!! I also hope that the C6 NPP exhaust key fob bypass system I have will also work when my C7 Coupe when it arrives in (hopefully) April.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just bought one from SLP for $20, it said it worked on C5, C6, C7 and many others. It's tuned out on my ZO6, but tuning your C7 could void your warranty.
    2014 C7 Stingray BLK 3LT 7spd NPP Jet Black interior w/ transparent top.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Quote Originally Posted by autoxal View Post
    I bought a CAGS (skip shift) eliminator kit from Zip Products... This kit includes two plugs. One to cap the solenoid (for weather protection) and one for the end of the harness that used to go to the solenoid (this one contains the resistor that simulates the solenoid for pacifying the computer). Not sure why the two plugs on the kit shown above are connected by the red wires... they aren't really required. Have not installed yet (too cold in garage, here in Wisconsin), assume all that will need to be done is to wire up the newly 'plugged' harness loose end, so it doesn't flop around and get on the exhaust pipe.

Photo of Zip Products kit:
    Name:  DSC09888.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  1.40 MB
    Installed mine the other day (it warmed up to 65 for 1 day, tomorrow ice!) You’ll see from my How To Install doc at ( netwelding.com/Reports_Vette_Info.htm ) why they tied the two parts together –made it easier to tie the assembly and wires away from the exhaust. Unlike the C6, the C7 has insulation covers over the connectors and wires, both the temp sensor and skip shift wires are tied together. They also have a boss on the trans with a hole to tie the wires back from the exhaust pipe. I used two Nylon ties to keep the skip shift eliminator parts and wires away from the exhaust. I even made an extra insulation sleeve to cover the Skip Shift Eliminator (shown in photo.) Skip past the how to jack up car if you don't need that info.
Views: 220
    Last edited by Jerry U; 02-11-2014 at 05:31 AM.

Mileage
    80,000 miles in Vettes
    Member #
    Liked
    866 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry U View Post
    Skip Shift is more than an irritant, could be a safety issue. Finally warm enough (for a day) to get under the car and install a Skip Shift Eliminator. Works great. Made a How To Install and included how to jack up the Corvette high enough for access for those new to DIY for the Vette.
    Check it out the 8 page report with pics at NetWelding.com/Reports_Vette_Info.htm

Views: 313
    Thanks for providing us with your web site -there are lots of great tips beyond the detailed CAGS installation instructions!

I'll be using your suggestions for C7 radar power as well.
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
    "Delta t = 23"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links