Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C7 Corvette Stingray Production Delay

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times

C7 Corvette Stingray Production Delay

I read over on another site that there has been a production delay. Have you guys heard anything? Any credence to this potentially upsetting news?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nick,

I searched a bit over the internet and didn't find anything concrete, just speculation. I only see two reasons for potential delays:

1) Still too many C6's out there.

2) Production problem (one or more component giving issues or a bad batch of parts). It is better (and also the right thing to do) to delay production in this situation.

If there are too any C6's out there sitting at the dealerships, we will likely see a 0% 72 months financing on all C6's along with another pricing promotion. Last time I checked it was at 1.9% 60 months. So, I wouldn't stress out either way. They will give us our machines soon (I hope). I can't certainly wait until 2014 as some people were saying.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    I hope that they are just trying to make sure that everything is perfect. Too many C6's at dealerships would be a huge bummer because I don't care what the purchase incentive is, I cannot imagine many people walking into the dealership and saying they want the car that is going to be dated as it rolls off the lot.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with you. If they are not at 72 months no interest at this point, we are good. If ANYTHING it would likely be a bug. Lots of people (trolls) like to start that kind of rumor. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I spoke with my dealer here in Az and he knew nothing of any delays, but also didn't know when production eas "scheduled" to start.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Haven't heard anything myself, I'll check in with a couple of dealers I know and see if they have heard anything.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    At this point, I'll be happy just to know production has started and the Stingrays are rolling off the production line! My C7 is out there somewhere albeit in bits and pieces!

Torch Red
    Kalahari Interior
    2LT
    Z51
    Black Alum Wheels
    6 speed paddle shift
    Carbon Fiber Roof
    Dual Mode Exhaust

This isn't too much to ask for!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TorchRedC7 View Post
    At this point, I'll be happy just to know production has started and the Stingrays are rolling off the production line! My C7 is out there somewhere albeit in bits and pieces!

Torch Red
    Kalahari Interior
    2LT
    Z51
    Black Alum Wheels
    6 speed paddle shift
    Carbon Fiber Roof
    Dual Mode Exhaust

This isn't too much to ask for!

I am there with you... I am sure whatever it is, we will not find out and the dealers will not find out either; we can speculate and that's it. The only way would be someone at GM directly involved in this project leaking information, which is highly unlikely to happen. Sometimes some bugs affect only certain serial numbers and sometimes just a few machines. So, if something may be potentially wrong but it is not deemed dangerous, they would likely release them and rework cars as needed when the complaints are filed. Maybe they already started and we don't even know it (I hope) haha.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think the actual production dates will be announced on Monday. The next consensus is due then too. All good!!!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Don't bother checking with the dealerships, they have no idea. That's directly from my Corvette Manager at the largest dealer in the country. They're slated for 507 Vettes within the first 6 to 9 months of production. The reason GM told them 6 to 9 was to give them time to work out all the kinks on the brand new assembly line, and give themselves a 3 month window. It has nothing to do with how many C6's are out there, although they will be & are offering some tasty incentives.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links