Poll: Does Fear Reduce My C7 Miles

Poll: C7 Miles Reduced or Not Because of Fear of Problems?

This poll will close on 04-01-2017 at 06:57 PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Poll: Does Fear Reduce My C7 Miles

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    14725 times

Do your drive your C7 the miles you wish, or have you reduced your miles and/or your planned miles because you are worried about more-mileage problems?
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3410 times
    It's my daily driver. Except in really bad winter weather, it gets driven like any other car I've owned. Even in the rain.

After all, it's a Chevy. If something breaks, it'll get repaired. If it gets dirty, I wash it. I do try to park it away from other cars, though, which I haven't always done with other vehicles.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    John, this is a good poll. I hope it disproves the "false news" about the C7's reliability, particularly the A8 transmission. I've owned limited production exotics and personally know about fear of failure first hand. I bought my C7 specifically to avoid that problem and have driven over 40,000 trouble free miles between my two C7s. I drive anywhere, anytime, any place without any worry or concern about mechanical failures.
    2015 C7 Torch Red, 2LT Jet Black, Performance Exhaust, Red Calipers, Transparent Top,
    Navigation, A8 Automatic, Z51 Appearance

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    1885 times
    I drive mine everyday. It's my only car. Living in fear is not living!
    NCM Lifetime Member

Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15. Arrived 02/12/15.
    Hidden Content Valentine's Day
    2016 BASH
    Forum Rules
    Vendor Rules
    For-Sale Rules
    Business Rules
    Introductions
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mileage
    Over 61,000 and rolling strong!
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I drive my '14 year round, in all kinds of conditions. I topped 61000 miles today, visiting a construction job site my company is working on. It has seen snow, rain, sun, warmth and cold. As Meyerweb states, if something breaks, it will be repaired. I have no fear whatsoever driving it - I bought it specifically for that purpose! Has anything broken? So far, only a glitchy infotainment screen early on. Will other things break? Absolutely! But I don't let that stop me from enjoying the car to the utmost!

Some might say since it's a "lowly" Chevy it may be more prone to failures - tell that to the Ferrari, Porsche and Lambo ownrrs wbo've experienced engine failures or fires within a few hundred miles of new!

Ultimately, Corvettes and indeed every vehicle on the planet are designed by humans, built by humans with machines designed and built by humans. Last I checked, humans make mistakes, resulting in vehicles that once in a while will have parts that don't quite fit right or that fail prematurely. And that can happen whether you spend $4000 on a Tata motors sedan or a $1.4 million Chiron. I'd much rather drive.my Corvette and get the best value for my money while I have it. In the end, every Corvette suffers from a pretty steep depreciation, and the difference between a low miles and high miles car really isn't that much, all other things being equal.

I say have fun with them!
    Vince

Hidden Content Driven a lot! My '74 Stingray, not driven so much now....

2014 Z51 Coupe, Cyber Gray Metallic, Gray interior w/suede seat inserts, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, 7-speed manual, 2LT, non-NPP, non-mag ride, non-nav. C7 Carbon GTX carbon fiber splitter & spoiler. Autographed console lid. Gloss GM carbon fiber dash bezel, Jake wheel center caps. More mods coming soon....

National Corvette Museum member.

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Do drive it without fear of failure however I am blessed to have other transportation allowing me to pick and choose when i enjoy the C7. If it breaks it goes to the dealer for repair , hopefully under warranty. I try and avoid rainy days but just because I don't want to have to clean it to my standard of clean...
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Daily Driver, 50 miles a day average... I have seen rain, snow, sleet, and my favorite sunny weather
    2014 Velocity Yellow Stingray Mods: Ceramic Tint, XPEL

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3899 times
    I drive it an enjoy it! No fears here!
    Hidden Content

What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

Mileage
    1400 miles so far on this, my 8th Vette
    Member #
    Liked
    721 times
    It is a car! It is as (or more) reliable than most cars out there. No reason to drive it like it might not make it some day or will break down; If you believe that you should have another car! I personally get a new one every 3 years and sometimes, like this year, every 2 years so. I have NEVER feared that a new car might not be reliable. It is my ONLY car and gets driven daily and so far on this one, I just turned over 1500 miles so I have a LOT of miles to put on this one in the next 3 years or so...and I intend on doing so...no garage queen here....I have not been lucky enough to have garage space for more than the one, or I might have more...
    Buzz; 2017 GS Roadster Black Rose 7sp 3LT Chrome wheels MSRC black badging (rear debadged) Cquarts Finest and Expel on front and tinted windows...#8 for me

Member #
    Liked
    122 times

It's a car. What's the point of if u r not going to drive it. Own it doesn't bring joy, drive does.I drove it NYC to keywest. 2 years 25000 miles. No fears at all.
    Last edited by elegant; 03-18-2017 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Removed sentence totally inappropriate for our "family friendly" rule.

Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    I'm not afraid of breakdown but I'm not driving it a lot. It is going to be the last Corvette we buy so I'm not turning it into a daily driver. It's occasionally driven by choice not because of fear of breakdowns. It's far from an exotic car as you can find many parts it uses in plain ole Chevy sedans and trucks.
    U.S. Marine likes this.
    Stuff in the garage-
    2016 Z06 Convertible - triple black, Z07, chrome rims, A8, comp seats, Michelin PSS non-runflats 345zr30/20 rear, 285zr35/19 front
    1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe - Black
    2016 F150 King Ranch 4X4 3.5l Ecoboost - black

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    12k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7286 times
    Never crosses my mind. It has been and continues to be a pure delight
    U.S. Marine and Janet C like this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    1240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant View Post
    Do your drive your C7 the miles you wish, or have you reduced your miles and/or your planned miles because you are worried about more-mileage problems?
    Hardly makes sense somebody would pay the bucks for a C7 and not drive it for fear of "more-mileage problems" but we will see how the votes go. I limit my driving sometimes for other reasons such as inclement weather.
    Last edited by Boomer; 03-18-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    U.S. Marine likes this.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    5000+
    Member #
    Liked
    511 times
    I drive it like it's built to be driven. Compared to other sports cars I've owned the corvette is a pussycat. If it breaks it's on warranty. It's not my daily driver, it's a playtoy.

fltsfshr
    U.S. Marine likes this.
    "Woody" 2016 Z51 3LT Blade Silver Roadster with Spice Red Package
    Never Hesitate. Take the shot

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    No fears here. However, it's not my daily driver. I drive 150 miles round trip to work each day and don't want to pile the miles up on the Vette. I typically drive it on weekends. Weather permitting.

As for fear of mechanical failure, I also ride a Ducati so I'm used to it! (LOL)
    U.S. Marine likes this.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. ~ Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links