Xpel clear wrap
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Xpel clear wrap

Mileage
    2015 2LT/Z51 Stingray Daytona Sunrise Orange..16973 miles
    Member #

Post Xpel clear wrap

Need to know where in Georgia ( I'm in Newnan ) can I purchase and which brand is best and have it installed?

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Not from Ga so can not help there. However in my research i found the two brands at the top of their game were Xpel and Sun-Tek. Both have a quality product with a multi year warranty. General opinion is the installer was just as important as the product so look for the best installer and then find out what they are using. Don't think you can go wrong with either of those two products.
    I went with Sun-Tek and am very happy with it. 10 year warranty and performing well .
    dcarver and elegant like this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    14725 times
    My pro installer who used to be 3M a while back, transitioned to XPEL and was happy doing it until he tried SunTek. Now he will do XPEL for all who ask for it, but recommends SunTek. He of course transitioned to SunTek Ultra recently, and when we talked with morning, said he is even more excited with the new Ultra, and just bought a big roll of 60" width in that product for those who want a full hood covered (e.g, me).
    dcarver likes this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant View Post
    My pro installer who used to be 3M a while back, transitioned to XPEL and was happy doing it until he tried SunTek. Now he will do XPEL for all who ask for it, but recommends SunTek. He of course transitioned to SunTek Ultra recently, and when we talked with morning, said he is even more excited with the new Ultra, and just bought a big roll of 60" width in that product for those who want a full hood covered (e.g, me).
    Yes . The Ultra is what i put on and really looks and performs well. only down side for me is I am not getting as much quality time in the garage polishing my girl . I covered about 95% of the car.
    dcarver likes this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4296 times
    dcarver, welcome aboard. Like mentioned the key element for an outstanding finish will be the installer, check out the work area and if possible vehicles with the product applied. I went with Xpel and the installer had a clean squared away shop and excellent knowledge how to apply the product. I'm really glad that I had it applied after recommendations from fellow SRF members after joining the site.

SF
    Rick
    dcarver and elegant like this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    You guys are making me nervous. I was about to install my xpel this weekend myself.
    dcarver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant View Post
    This is almost exactly the same situation as my installer. I just had him do mine with Suntek Ultra last week, and couldn't be happier.
    elegant likes this.
    My First Corvette, Picked up 11/11/16
    2016 Arctic White, 2LT, Z51, Mag Ride, NAV/PDR, perf exhaust, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler, Carbon Flash badges, 8 speed auto, Black wheels, Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, black locking lugs, ACS Zero7 side skirts, Zo6 grill, Zo6 stage 1 splitter, tinted side markers, Suntek Ultra paint protection, Z51 badges, Power Stop Z26 pads.
    Hidden Content

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red96lt1 View Post
    You guys are making me nervous. I was about to install my xpel this weekend myself.
    Red96lt1, nothing to be nervous about, our Xpel has protected our C7 masterpiece for three years now and is in excellent shape. I like the fact that everybody has different choices to chose from, that means the product has to get better.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Marine View Post
    Red96lt1, nothing to be nervous about, our Xpel has protected our C7 masterpiece for three years now and is in excellent shape. I like the fact that everybody has different choices to chose from, that means the product has to get better.

SF
    Rick
    Wasn't nervous about the product, was nervous about installing it myself.
    2015 Stingray, Torch Red
    Z51, 3LT, M7
    Magnetic Ride, PDR, Transparent roof, Suede upper

1976 Stingray, Cherry Red Metallic
    350, L82, M4
    Fully restored

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I just don't know if I want to spend the $. If I keep the car maybe. In Eastern NC I just don't know any place that could install Xpel. There are very few good places for that or at least I don't know where that place is located.

Gold Supporting Member SgtMajUSMC's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williamr View Post
    I just don't know if I want to spend the $. If I keep the car maybe. In Eastern NC I just don't know any place that could install Xpel. There are very few good places for that or at least I don't know where that place is located.
    Check out TVP Auto in Raleigh.
    elegant likes this.
    Semper Fidelis,
    Matt

'15 Laguna Blue 2LT A8, RPI Stage II Side Skirts, Z06 OEM Splitter, Laguna Blue Brake Calipers, C7.R Jake hood overlay.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    Wasn't nervous about the product, was nervous about installing it myself.
    Unless you have a friend with connections to buy the film you may find that the savings doing it your self are not worth it. You can buy pre cut pieces or sheets of film on line. But not cheap! I'd suggest getting one piece like a rocker and try it. Wrapping that front bumper with those fangs, not for a novice!

Go to a good shop and watch them do it. You will learn an appreciation for what they do. Some better then others.
    elegant likes this.
    2015, Z51, Manual 7sp, Laguna Blue, 3LT, Kalahari, Mag Ride, Perf Exhaust, Split Spoke Chrome, Exposed carbon roof, Xpel clear bra, Racemesh grill.....and loving it!

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    2015, Z51, Manual 7sp, Laguna Blue, 3LT, Kalahari, Mag Ride, Perf Exhaust, Split Spoke Chrome, Exposed carbon roof, Xpel clear bra, Racemesh grill.....and loving it!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    One thing I dont understand is I see several people soend thousands to wrap their car just to sell it a few years later. I mean its really only worth it if you keep the car for 7 or 10 years right?
    joeybsyc likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    272 times
    One thing I dont understand is I see several people soend thousands to wrap their car just to sell it a few years later. I mean its really only worth it if you keep the car for 7 or 10 years right?
    From a monetary standpoint, absolutely. A dealer looks up recent auction results and offers you that much on trade in. They don't care if you have your car wrapped in Xpel or if it's peppered with stone chips, they leave a several thousand dollar cushion for themselves either way. I won't likely have my car for 7-10 years, nor do I expect to "get more" for my trade in because it's xpel'd... I got it so I don't have to look at or worry about stone chips during the time I have to look at it in my own garage.
    Henry427 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links