ALERT: Tomorrow, The Start of A Brand New SRF Format!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: ALERT: Tomorrow, The Start of A Brand New SRF Format!

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15074 times

ALERT: Tomorrow, The Start of A Brand New SRF Format!

Tomorrow when you open up SRF, you will see a completely changed forum format. Why?

When we started out with just the Stingray model, it made sense to have many SRF different sub-sections, such as "StingRay Wheels and Tires," "Stingray Accessories," StingRay Videos and Photos," etc. When the Z06 was revealed, we almost doubled-up forum sections by adding comparable sub-sections for the Z06, e.g., creating separate ones for "Z06 Wheels and Tires," "Z06 Accessories," and "Z06 Photos and Videos."

Then the questions started, with members' asking, "I am confused, where do I post this thread?" Moderators increasingly have been moving threads and individual posts within threads.

And then when we got beautiful new Grand Sports, and not-surprisingly and not-unfairly, GS owners wanted their own six to ten unique GS sections.

But due to our growing model-specific sections, more questions have continue to arise, such as, "where do I post a video that contains Stingrays and GS's and Z06's?"

Within the next year, we are getting a new ZR1 model, creating its six to ten sub-sections?

We moderators decided that as we are one equal, all-encompassing C7 family, that the very best format is to eliminate separate/redundant "sub sections by model." Hence tomorrow you will see one consolidated, streamlined new SRF format.

We will all adjust to our new forum format. Perhaps we will need to do minor pruning and additions later, but we are not going to revert to our past multiple-redundancies of having the same topics for each Corvette model.

Thank you for your understanding. It will take all of us some time to get used to our new format. It parallels the forum simplicity that has worked very well for many other car forums, and will take us most easily into the future of proliferating C7 models.

John, Jeff, and Jeremy
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Mileage
    94,000 miles in Vettes
    Member #
    Liked
    3193 times
    But we fear change...
    elegant, jsvette, Boomer and 5 others like this.
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
    "Delta t = 23"

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Sounds like a good plan. I just hope the Z06's and GS's don't mind us pesky little Z51's crowding their space...
    Suzy Cruisy likes this.
    2015 Z51/ 3LT/ torch red/ adrenaline red interior/ chrome wheels/ red brake calibers/ 8 speed automatic/ MSRC/ performance exhaust/ battery protection. Accessories include red indoor vehicle cover/cargo mat/premium carpeted floor mats.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15074 times
    A regular Stingray without a single option is a thing of beauty and one terrific sports car!
    John

Hidden Content

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    12k+
    Member #
    Liked
    7562 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    But we fear change...
    Ahhh, fear not change, for it means we are still alive and kicking
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15074 times
    To be alive and kicking means we are on the right side of the grass. A very good thing.
    jsvette, grilloz, Mobius and 3 others like this.
    John

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    1318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    But we fear change...
    I'm also very scared.

I like all topics on the forum. I guess the "all-encompassing C7 family" may include the C8 when it debuts. Looking forward to the new format. Thanks for your efforts.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    We will have to adjust to this life changing event. LOL.
    The moderators of this forum do a fantastic job. Keep up the great work.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1075 times
    I for one don't care what we call the threads......so long as the mods and members keep those great posts coming! I's gots lots to learn from all ya'll.
    Bryan
    1978 "Fastback Shark" - Shark grey was 50th BD gift to my bride.
    2015 Rebel 1 Stingray - Torch Red, Z51, 3LT, Manual, Custom Stinger, G3 splitter and skirts. Sold 3/31 at 20,800 smiles of miles. 20th anniversary gift.
    2017 Rebel 2 Grand Sport - Torch Red ext/Black int, 2LT, Manual, 22yr anniversary gift.
    Psalm 37:4

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    261 times
    I applaud the pending changes, as many of us have questions, or comments that are common to all "flavors" of the C7 Corvette...... keep it simple !
    Richard & Angie
    Gettysburg, PA

2017 Grand Sport 3LT Arctic White / Red A8
    2016 2LT Coupe Laguna Blue/Gray A8 (GM Buy Back)
    2013 60th Anniv 427 Vert (Sold)

Member #
    Liked
    3201 times
    My boss would tell me, "If you don't like change, you're in the wrong profession." So .... when I was offered early retirement, I took it.
    Norm, Ret9580, warp ten and 2 others like this.
    Paul

2015 1LT, Blade Silver, A8, ZF1, Transparent Top, NPP exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

MODs: Black Chrome Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts. Z51 Sway Bars

NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM MEMBER

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4506 times
    We the members stand as one. Let it be known that our common goal is fellowship amongst all of our SRF family and that we all share an identical passion our beloved C7 Masterpiece! Now go forth and spread the word, SRF is stronger than ever and forever remain humble and kind.

Semper Fidelis
    Rick
    Henry427, Mobius, Janet C and 5 others like this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    4041 times
    I'm glad the admin listened! Change is good!
    Hidden Content

What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15074 times
    These streamlining changes could not be accomplished without a lot of hard work behind the scenes by admin; for example around 10,000 threads are going to be moved into consolidated areas/sections.
    Last edited by elegant; 04-20-2017 at 09:31 PM.
    John

Hidden Content

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    5600 and going up!
    Member #
    Liked
    1271 times
    Thanks for the hard work.
    mybluecorvette likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links