The car is on order and I have to clean up my Terabytes of music to ensure optimum road trip back from the museum. I know there are multiple ways to get sound waves pumping, but I am interested in the SD card and the USB, plus some of the features the C7 either uses or excludes. Most everything I have is mp3 and I believe that mp3 is fine on a SD card to be played in the Chevy codec.
- How are you people putting together music for presentation in the car?
- Are there other formats that the system can recognize (e.g. wma, MP4A, etc)?
- Are you using all of the tags afforded to the format (e.g. tags like genre, artist, release date, cover art, etc)?
- Does all of that information get displayed when playing the music?
- What is displayed on the HUD?
- What is displayed on the infotainment screen or the middle screen dash?
- What is the largest SD card that can be used in the system?
- Is there a difference between the capabilities of USB delivered music and SD card provided music?
- Can I connect a 2 TB hard drive to the USB input and have it provide many Terabytes of music or am I limited on the maximum size of the library provided?
- Is there enough USB power to drive the current required of a hard drive on the USB input?
- Is Chevy using anything like playlists, if so, what format would these be in?
- Does the system recognize FAT32 drive protocol or is it something proprietary?
I appreciate any and all help from you people that own the car and understand what I am talking about. If you only know a little, that would help too. Thanks.