Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2014 C7s are getting cheap

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3410 times

2014 C7s are getting cheap

Not good for those who own one, but good for new buyers.

Depreciation can be a real bear sometimes. But, for those of us in the market, itís a great thing. It means we can find dream cars for affordable prices sometimes. That is certainly becoming the case with the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray as Jalopnik reports.

Prices for the seventh generation of Chevroletís sports car have fallen under $40,000 in many cases with bearable mileage on them to boot.

One listing has a 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray priced at $38,944, and another certified 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray at just $41,000. These arenít base models either. Theyíre higher trims with premium audio systems, fancier leather trimmings, navigation and more. Letís not forget, the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray is still rocking the same 6.2-liter LT1 V8 engine, which produces a very healthy 460 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.

Now, potential buyers have a tough choice. Does a used C6 Corvette Z06 fit the bill? Or does springing for the C7 Corvette Stingray sound like a better choice? The market is now in your favor, Corvette dreamers.

2014 C7 Corvette Stingrays Now Under $40,000 | GM Authority
    Boomer likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3088 times
    This is not surprising given the deep discounts being offered on new Corvettes.
    Paul

2015 1LT, Blade Silver, A8, ZF1, Transparent Top, NPP exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

MODs: Black Chrome Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts. Z51 Sway Bars

NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM MEMBER

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    4296 times
    That is great news for future SRF members that decides to purchase a pre-owned C7 masterpiece, but our C7 masterpiece is priceless!!

SF
    Rick
    V1 VR likes this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1240 times
    "Now, potential buyers have a tough choice. Does a used C6 Corvette Z06 fit the bill? Or does springing for the C7 Corvette Stingray sound like a better choice?"

Or how much will I get for my 14 when it gets traded for a C8?

Good info meyerweb.
    Last edited by Boomer; 12-17-2016 at 05:52 AM.
    V1 VR likes this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3410 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Or how much will I get for my 14 when it gets traded for a C8?
    I was thinking about it the opposite way. How cheap will I be able to get a C8 for when I'm finally ready to give up on my C7?
    Boomer likes this.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    3931 times
    After having Caroline for six months, if I had sold her for market value, I would have lost about $40,000 from what I had spent on her.

I'm not even going to look now after an extra 4 months (10 months total).

Where is that thread about "What are you going to buy for your car for Christmas?" I need to buy her a gift, and get deeper down in that hole.

Strake likes this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    1240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I was thinking about it the opposite way. How cheap will I be able to get a C8 for when I'm finally ready to give up on my C7?
    Nah. I'm looking for a furor for the C8 similar to what there was for the C7.

Member #
    Liked
    1240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    After having Caroline for six months, if I had sold her for market value, I would have lost about $40,000 from what I had spent on her.

I'm not even going to look now after an extra 4 months (10 months total).
    Yea. Its worth it. Your ROI would not have been much worse if you had gone to the "Mobius and Boomer Wealth Management LLC".
    rdslon01 and Ateupjoe like this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3410 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Nah. I'm looking for a furor for the C8 similar to what there was for the C7.
    Sure, but by the 4th year of production first and second year models should come down a lot..
    Boomer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Sure, but by the 4th year of production first and second year models should come down a lot..
    Don't think I will be able to wait but like the C7 I will let some time pass till there are plenty in the hands of real consumers and the trade journals and other professionals have had their chance to do reviews.

Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    The price we pay for wanting one, optioned just the way we want it, early on in the C7 production.
    Boomer likes this.
    Hidden Content '15 Z51 COUPE Shark Grey 2lt Blk Int. 7spd , Mag Ride, Body Color Vents, Carbon Flash Badges, Navigation/PDR, X-pel film, Lashway Motorsports rocker skirts, TSW Nurburgring wheels, shark grey lower rear body panel, UV window tint.

'13 Blue Diamond 60th Anniversary '427' (1 of 97 w/unique stripe delete w/machine face wheels) custom painted wheel hubs, Xpel film, UV window tint, American Hydrocarbon engine bay dress up, door sill guards

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Coming from the owner of a nice 2016 Z51, I have to say the nice thing about selecting a C6 Z06 over a C7 is that the C6 Z06 LS7 has some pretty trick parts like titanium connecting rods and sodium filled valves which are normally only found on only high-revving racing applications. Plus the wide body C6 Z06 sits pretty nice as well.

For the same price, I'd be pretty tempted to buy a nice low mileage C6 Z06 over a C7. Will I trade my C7 for one now? Probably not.
    2016 Z51 Shark Gray / Kalihari, 7-Speed, MSRC, Competition Seats

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I'd be interested to know how many 2nd or 3rd Vette buyers go used versus new.
    Strake likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Just keep the one you have. Mine's paid off, so at this point, I will keep it for a long time or decide a year or two after the c8 comes out. Just let your 2014 age gracefully

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    377 times
    I've had two first MY Vettes, and I don't regret either one.

Did I pay a bit more than if I had waited for a year or two? Not on my '05, and maybe, for my '14 (but they gave me way more than my '09 was worth, so smoke and mirrors). I tend to keep cars for a long time, and I loved having one early when there were no others around. Watching someone walk into a tree, looking over his shoulder at it, was worth any perceived extra cost because I didn't wait till they were deep discounted.

Being able to drive a car for ten years before the new model came out, and still have people think it was brand new was just icing on the cake!
    lisa

2014 Premier Edition Vert #125/550 63,000 miles
    2005 Vert 230,000 miles
    Living a good life elsewhere: 2009 Z06 70,000 + miles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links