'18 C7's to Get 10 A & 500 HP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: '18 C7's to Get 10 A & 500 HP

  1. #16
    Senior Member Rsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    179
    Member #
    3732
    Liked
    87 times
    While I could probably do without the 10 speed because the car will shift so often (isn't part of the fun hearing the engine wind up?), a bump to 500hp or more might get me to go with a GS over a Z when I finally place an order. You know, cause 460 isn't enough especially when you factor in the altitude power penalty I have to pay here in CO.

  2. #17
    Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    elegant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Mileage
    14,350
    Posts
    14,283
    Member #
    496
    Liked
    14664 times
    I have more than a few friends who pumped up their Z06's "cause 650 isn't enough."

    I am understanding and supporting exactly what you posted Rsmith, and am just giving another example than once we get used to a certain power level on our vehicle, who of us doesn't want more power, especially if we can have it and still get the same fuel mileage.
    John

    Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

    Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

  3. #18
    Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    jagamajajaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cache, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,621
    Member #
    2056
    Liked
    3886 times
    For what it's worth, on another forum, someone posted that one of the NCM Bash sessions is going to be called, "S14: Transmission, from 3 speed manual to 10 speed automatic!! Leading Corvette Specialist Paul Koerner will discuss in this open forum covering transmissions and everything in between!!" Paul learned about the post and then posted the following:

    Good evening,

    This is Paul and I am the one presenting this event at the NCM.

    #1, I have NO KNOWLEDGE OF TRANSMISSION CHOICES IN FUTURE MODELS OF CORVETTE. I do not speak for GM nor do I represent them.

    #2, I am a GM world class certified technician and Corvette certified technician and study constantly. The 10R transmission is now in the Camaro for 2017, that is where my information on the 10R comes from, my training.

    #3, my presentation illustrates how many different facets of powertrains interact and why if you look at the present and understand how it works, the future will become possible.

    #4, I appreciate the enthusiasm for my seminars at the NCM, however, I present only information that is readily available to anyone if one does accurate research.

    Thank you in advance for all your point and responses. I will look forward to seeing you all at the Bash in April.

    Professionally, Paul Koerner
    Hidden Content

    What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

    Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

    Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

  4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #19
    Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    U.S. Marine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC
    Mileage
    14000
    Posts
    5,319
    Member #
    2175
    Liked
    4245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamajajaran View Post
    For what it's worth, on another forum, someone posted that one of the NCM Bash sessions is going to be called, "S14: Transmission, from 3 speed manual to 10 speed automatic!! Leading Corvette Specialist Paul Koerner will discuss in this open forum covering transmissions and everything in between!!" Paul learned about the post and then posted the following:

    Good evening,

    This is Paul and I am the one presenting this event at the NCM.

    #1, I have NO KNOWLEDGE OF TRANSMISSION CHOICES IN FUTURE MODELS OF CORVETTE. I do not speak for GM nor do I represent them.

    #2, I am a GM world class certified technician and Corvette certified technician and study constantly. The 10R transmission is now in the Camaro for 2017, that is where my information on the 10R comes from, my training.

    #3, my presentation illustrates how many different facets of powertrains interact and why if you look at the present and understand how it works, the future will become possible.

    #4, I appreciate the enthusiasm for my seminars at the NCM, however, I present only information that is readily available to anyone if one does accurate research.

    Thank you in advance for all your point and responses. I will look forward to seeing you all at the Bash in April.

    Professionally, Paul Koerner
    Jeremy, it would have been easier for him to take the fifth, or act like Sgt Schultz on Hogan's Hero's, "I Know Nothing"

    SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

  6. #20
    Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    jagamajajaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cache, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,621
    Member #
    2056
    Liked
    3886 times
    Yep. But the A10 will not be in the 2018 C7 Corvette. Time will tell, I always say.
    Hidden Content

    What is JAGAMAJAJARAN? The consonants are the first letters of my immediate family members' names, starting with myself, then my wife, then our five kids. The "A"s are "And."

    Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

    Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe

  7. #21
    Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    elegant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Mileage
    14,350
    Posts
    14,283
    Member #
    496
    Liked
    14664 times
    Maybe the 2018 gets a 15 speed automatic? Just about 65 days until the BASH when our speculation ends; well it ends on the SR, GS and Z06 2018's -- for there still persist rumors that the ZR1 is not going to be revealed until several months afterwards.

    So back to our annual question for those who are considering waiting another model year, i.e., do I wait and avoid one terrific summer/fall season of driving -- for most believe the earliest we will not see a single 2018 until just as we head into winter (maybe as early as November)?

    Especially an issue this year becasuse when the BASH reveals happens, the 2017 ordering option will have been over for a few weeks, and what if like last year, the rumors of an HP bump the following model year turned out to be just that, e.g., no MY power boost.
    jagamajajaran likes this.
    John

    Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

    Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

  8. #22
    Senior Member Manta-C7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    168
    Member #
    7846
    Liked
    153 times
    Nowadays and at this level the vette deserves a dual clutch, long overdue IMO. Kudos for the extra hp's.

  9. #23
    Senior Member joemessman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    441
    Member #
    8068
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant View Post
    Maybe the 2018 gets a 15 speed automatic? Just about 65 days until the BASH when our speculation ends; well it ends on the SR, GS and Z06 2018's -- for there still persist rumors that the ZR1 is not going to be revealed until several months afterwards.

    So back to our annual question for those who are considering waiting another model year, i.e., do I wait and avoid one terrific summer/fall season of driving -- for most believe the earliest we will not see a single 2018 until just as we head into winter (maybe as early as November)?

    Especially an issue this year becasuse when the BASH reveals happens, the 2017 ordering option will have been over for a few weeks, and what if like last year, the rumors of an HP bump the following model year turned out to be just that, e.g., no MY power boost.
    "Maybe the 2018 gets a 15 speed"
    Hold on! Now we're getting into bicycle territory.
    STINGmole and Milliwatt Rob like this.
    1LT Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat, Transparent Roof Panel, Body Color Painted Vents, 8-Speed Paddle, Performance Exhaust, Performance Data Video Recorder with Navigation, 3M Bra, Borla X-Pipe.

  10. #24
    Senior Member JoeCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    140
    Member #
    6996
    Liked
    176 times
    What about some sort of 65th anniversary treatment? That might be interesting if more than an appearance package. Well I stopped waiting summer before last so I'll enjoy the season (when it arrives) in my Stingray and maybe have some decisions to make later
    2016 NRB Z51 M7 Coupe with 3LT Kalahari
    Is this thing getting better or am I? Both?

  11. #25
    Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    meyerweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,329
    Member #
    5430
    Liked
    3402 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Manta-C7 View Post
    Nowadays and at this level the vette deserves a dual clutch, long overdue IMO. Kudos for the extra hp's.
    No thanks. I don't race mine, and shifting for myself is way more fun.
    JoeCT and VietnamVet like this.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

    Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

    My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

  12. #26
    Senior Member Busa Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    799
    Member #
    6211
    Liked
    403 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Manta-C7 View Post
    Nowadays and at this level the vette deserves a dual clutch, long overdue IMO. Kudos for the extra hp's.
    Agreed!! The big boys in the HP game have given up on the old dated manual. Chevy knows that it is an inferior product and will be discontinuing it in the next iteration of the car. Fact of the matter is that in 10 years the folks who love to shift and grew up with it will no longer be buying and driving the cars any longer or will be statistically insignificant.
    Manta-C7 likes this.

  13. #27
    Senior Member STINGmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    325
    Member #
    8690
    Liked
    236 times
    FWIW, I love(d) to shift and grew up with it...I prefer the auto now. More HP is always welcome though!

  14. #28
    Junior Member 2K14C7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    St. Peter's, MO
    Mileage
    328
    Posts
    19
    Member #
    8517
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
    Remember the 3 speed then the 4 then the 5 then etc etc???? Keep the RPM's in the peak tq band -------there you go!
    When I was 16 my dad bought a 66 Impala with a 283 V8 and a big bad Powerglide 2 speed auto. It would do 60 in first. LOL
    Milliwatt Rob likes this.
    2014, Arctic White, M7, 3LT (Black), Competition Sport Seats, Exposed Carbon Fiber and Transparent Tops, Z51, Mag Ride, Chrome Wheels and more.

  15. #29
    Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    meyerweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,329
    Member #
    5430
    Liked
    3402 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K14C7 View Post
    It would do 60 in first. LOL
    It just took a few minutes to get there.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40).

    Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

    My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

  16. #30
    Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Milliwatt Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    southern Vermont
    Mileage
    C7 15,000 miles
    Posts
    2,346
    Member #
    3691
    Liked
    2204 times
    Unless we are talking about an extended production run like the C3, we may see the C7 nearing the end of the line by model year 2018. The C2 was a five year run.

    If so, future collectors of the C7 will see 500 horsepower and a 10 speed as the one to shoot for.
    Order placed Sept 16 2014, Roadster, 2LT, Z51 mag ride, 8AT, PDR/NAV. Night Race Blue, Jet Black interior, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Badges.
    wrapped in Xpel Ultimate, came home Oct 31. Using Range AFM Suppression
    "The Beast"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.