1st Z06 Completed: 9:26 AM Today!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: 1st Z06 Completed: 9:26 AM Today!

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    12379 times

BGAP Z06 Update:1st Z06 Completed.

Or, "luck beats the heck out of brains anytime," for just happened to be in the right place at the right time as per below...

The line was not moving at 6:12 AM start of shift this morning, after Friday's frame-shop robot wiring failure, but did start at 8:46 AM. Z06's continued to move toward the finish line, with VIN 001, Rick Hendrick's black Z06 being the first one (no surprise) and it came off the line at 9:26 AM. Happened to luckily be at that exact spot as part of my public tour. Jeff LaMarche and other top BGAP Plant staff were there for photographs, etc.

The production rate continues to be just under 7 Z06's per hour. Saw a rainbow of colors, in fact can not think of a color of Z06 that I did not see.

In response to earlier-asked questions, splitter and skirts are not attached prior to the dealership PDI, so can not determine the specific appearance of the Stage 1 splitter. As noted earlier, EVERY Z06 spoiler is carbon flash metallic, regardless of whether it is a Stage 1, 2 or Z07 and regardless of whether one selects CFZ or CFZ.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by elegant; 11-10-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...takes-off.html

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    1459 times
    Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time and the right person!
    NCM Lifetime Member

Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15.

Z06
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    Sweet! Did you get a closer look at a Stage-1's rear spoiler (if any were on the line during your tour)?

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Here we go. Yeah.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    301 times
    Thanks John! That's great luck, with a dash of smarts being thrown in!

Understand about splitters and skirts....the video on YouTube (Tadge talking about Z06 aerodynamics posted last week) gives a very good look at stage 1 aero....from that, splitter appears to me (unfortunately) to look like same material as splash guards are made of.

I would be curious if you could find out about the attachment points/methods for the stage one spoiler versus the stage2/3 one....as many of us "constrained" into stage 1 would like to upgrade after the fact to the stage 2/3 spoiler....does it attach at the same points, or are different holes required? Do either use double sided adhesive? IN other words - what's involved in removing stage one spoiler and replacing with stage 2/3?
    Laguna Blue Z06 with stage 1 aero. Black mirrors, calipers & dual full length stripe. Spectra Gray Wheels, with Dark Gray 3LZ interior. Weapon X Splitter & Rockers. VIN # 1001. My personal "smile-maker"

Member #
    Awesome post John...thanks! That had to be pretty cool to witness. I'm certainly jealous. My VY Z with red calipers should be on the line today or tomorrow. Just in time for the snow and ice storm here in MN

Exec. Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    12379 times
    Quote Originally Posted by C7_Stingray View Post
    Sweet! Did you get a closer look at a Stage-1's rear spoiler (if any were on the line during your tour)?
    A closer look but still (so far further away than I would like), but still looks just like (identical) to a Z-51 spoiler, only wider. It is a glossy carbon flash black metallic. Going back for another tour here
    soon.

Please see update, probable "edit" in post below!
    Last edited by elegant; 11-10-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Snorman and Lipstic like this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...takes-off.html

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Administrator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Good news to kick off that week! Thanks for the update John!

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant View Post
    A closer look but still (so far further away than I would like), but still looks just like (identical) to a Z-51 spoiler, only wider. It is a glossy carbon flash black metallic. Going back for another tour here soon.
    That's great news for me, because I didn't like the versions we have been seeing on what were presumably Stage 1 cars.
    Thanks for the update!
    S.
    '14 Corvette, crystal red tintcoat, Z51...'14 911 Turbo, dark blue...'13 GT-R, blue pearl Premium...'13 GT500, solid black...'03 Cobra, 3.4 Whipple, TH400...'91 LX, single turbo 'notch...'10 SHO, cinnamon red, Livernois tuned...

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    John is going to go through so many tours now, it'll look like Bill Murray in Ground Hog Day. Ha.
    Great scoop, John. Thanks.
    elegant, LT4 Awesome and Janet C like this.

Administrator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    I can only assume that it, being Mr. Hendrick's Z06, it will be the top-o-the line model. Z07 package.

It does look stinking MEAN all black with those red calipers.
    Lipstic likes this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant View Post

BGAP Z06 Update:1st Z06 Completed.

Or, "luck beats the heck out of brains anytime," for just happened to be in the right place at the right time as per below...

The line was not moving at 6:12 AM start of shift this morning, after Friday's frame-shop robot wiring failure, but did start at 8:46 AM. Z06's continued to move toward the finish line, with VIN 001, Rick Hendrick's black Z06 being the first one (no surprise) and it came off the line at 9:26 AM. Happened to luckily be at that exact spot as part of my public tour. Jeff LaMarche and other top BGAP Plant staff were there for photographs, etc.

The production rate continues to be just under 7 Z06's per hour. Saw a rainbow of colors, in fact can not think of a color of Z06 that I did not see.

In response to earlier-asked questions, splitter and skirts are not attached prior to the dealership PDI, so can not determine the specific appearance of the Stage 1 splitter. As noted earlier, EVERY Z06 spoiler is carbon flash metallic, regardless of whether it is a Stage 1, 2 or Z07 and regardless of whether one selects CFZ or CFZ.
    John- where is the picture taken, looks like the car is already at someone's house?
    2014 C7 Z51 3LT A6 Laguna Blue with Kalahari Interior. NPP, MYC & FE4. Delivered 4/17/14.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    5,500 miles and climbing
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Great news John, please keep being our eyes and ears. I'm sure everyone really appreciates it. Lets see now..... 9,682 divided by 7 Z06's per day = ??? LOL It'll be when it'll be and not til then.... Patience!

Mileage
    10 vetts deep!!
    Member #
    Liked
    428 times

Great info! Thanks so much for taking time to give a detailed account of what you are witnessing at the plant!
    I will be eagerly awaiting any new information that this great week has to offer!

My car is on that line...she is coming off this week! So stoked !!

TR
    Stage 1
    3LZ
    Ar/carbon dash
    Black rims
    Red roof

Tell her daddy will see her soon!!
    Daha!!
    Last edited by C7 Zo6; 11-10-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Administrator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    That is lucky! Dang, the new Z06 looks sinister in black
    BOBSZO6 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links