Stingray Corvette Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014/2015 CONSTRAINT UPDATES >>> Post info. here

294K views 1K replies 225 participants last post by  elegant 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
How about a thread to update us lonely souls, waiting in limbo for our constraints to be lifted?

i.e...... Carbon Fiber Roof, Z51, and any others??:confused:

PLEASE post here..... any "good and reliable" information and/ or updates.

Us "constraint victims" would greatly appreciate the information.

#2 · (Edited)
And this would also be a good thread to post the weekly Thursday constraint report, a report which lists all options which, due to limited or no supply, are not available to be ordered. Conversely, by comparing the Thursday constraint list with previous list, we will learn which prior constraints are no longer in effect.

#3 ·
Very good idea Elegant. But does anyone on this forum have access to that 411?:confused:

#6 ·
According to a well-informed dealer, the roof is still at 120 days.
120 days!!! That is 4 months from now! The last I heard (about 2 weeks ago) is that is was a 4 to 6 week delay.
What is going on with this supplier? Carbon fiber is not a new product.
4 more months before my order even gets submitted.... I may have to be committed!!:eek::eek:
Now I did hear that the Z51 constraint may be longer than the CFR.

#8 ·
You may have something there George.
Have you thought about the transparent top? Or will that get too hot for us here in Florida?

#9 ·
I'm already considered transparent due to some of my critiques of the process and situation. Seriously, I'm not a fan of that approach. However, the body color roof is also available and that will be the thing that hopefully gets me out of jail. I was hoping, albeit a long shot, that my prior 3300 status (now 3000) would return when the plant resequences. That's not looking good for me but it did work for others. So, I need to break the news to my current salesman. Since they are out of allocation, they can't replace my existing order with a new one and, due to plant policy, they can't change the CF roof to the painted version. Sounds very short sighted to me but they'd rather stick to their process than make accommodations. So, in the words of John Lennon, "it will be like starting over" with a better result...I hope!

#11 ·
Georgio...
I see your predicament. I shouldn't have that problem, seeing I am only at the 1100 status.

From what I hear from other Corvette owners in Florida, that have the transparent tops, is that they have had to tint it so dark, to keep the heat out, that it doesn't even to be transparent anymore.

Reactions: krauty
#12 ·
From what I hear from other Corvette owners in Florida, that have the transparent tops, is that they have had to tint it so dark, to keep the heat out, that it doesn't even to be transparent anymore.
Mark; A long, long, time ago I had a job installing a solar film in windows on houses and commercial storefronts. We had a film that was mirror like (looked silver from the outside but just dark shaded from the inside), and it was great for southern exposures. (read direct sunlight) Not sure if that sort of film is still available, but it might be a great alternative to a dark tint.

#13 ·
I ordered the Artic White with the CF roof. After seeing the transparent roof on a red stingray, I am now considering a change to get my car. It does look very nice. The second thing with the transparent roof is that there is no white painted surface on the sides of the roof. I like the all black look.

#14 ·
My dealer (GM) checked on my Z51 order today and it is still sitting at 2000. Went 2000 9/12. He finally got through to someone at GM who asked him to check back 10/7 and they indicated they hoped it would be at 3000 by that time. Hope doesn't sound very solid does it. All this talk on constraints for the Z51 pkg has me bluer than my Laguna vette!!

#17 ·
I Just a reply from my dealer on the Z51 constraint.
"The constraint last week said it was less than 4 weeks. I will know tomorrow. Contraints generally do not affect the vehicles accepted for production. Only vehicle that have not been picked up yet."
If he contacts me tomorrow I will forward what he knows.
I have a Z51 convertible on order and expect it to be snowing when it arrives.

Reactions: 2nd Stingray
#19 ·
2014 Corvette Stingray Constraint Report for 10/3/13

Target Production Week 10/28/13 – 11/03/13
01483 AE4-SEATS, COMPETITION SPORT, BUCKET National Qty 0
01485 C2Z-ROOF PANEL, REMOVABLE CARBON FIBER National Qty 0
01486 CSM-ROOF PACKAGE, CARBON FIBER, DUAL National Qty 0
01580 Z51 PERFORMANCE PKG. National Qty 2

#20 ·
Holy crap! That is a month away and NO CFR production scheduled! That really sucks... (not to mention very depressing)!

Thanks for that 411 Elegant.
Looks like the winter delivery will have to be moved from the Museum to the stealership!

#21 ·
Questions for Glen E, Elegant or another educated poster. Do you guys believe that any car below status 3000 is subject to the constraints? or is acceptance of the order (2000) mean they have parts to complete.

John

#22 ·
Listen to the experts, above all. That said, some weeks ago, GM/Chevy stated that orders at 3000 would not be subject to constraint. I personally believe they spoke too soon.

It's my impression that any order below 3000 is subject to constraint, policy-wise. We appear, however, to be in an extremely 'fluid' stage. Who knows what tomorrow with bring?

#24 ·
I think a lot of that is finding space in the production cycle for cars with unique parts combinations, including parts that are on constraint for new orders. Technically, the order isn't delayed due to constraint but it's harder to find a build slot when only a few would be built to that spec.

#26 ·
My order

For what it's worth, placed my order (Z51, painted roof, 3LT, std seats and other non-constrained goodies) 9/19 with a large GA dealer. Salesman said it would be at 3000 by the following week, which I later confirmed to be true. Latest quote from Chevy Customer Service on 10/4 -"We did some digging on our end, and were not able to find any information out about a constraint (Z51). We can tell you that your current status is at 3300-Scheduled for Production, and it looks like you're moving right along! Check back with us next week for another update!" This conforms with statement from my salesman who said he was getting deliveries last week of Z51s and had no concerns about my car being built this month. So far so good.

#27 ·
For what it's worth, placed my order (Z51, painted roof, 3LT, std seats and other non-constrained goodies) 9/19 with a large GA dealer. Salesman said it would be at 3000 by the following week, which I later confirmed to be true. Latest quote from Chevy Customer Service on 10/4 -"We did some digging on our end, and were not able to find any information out about a constraint (Z51). We can tell you that your current status is at 3300-Scheduled for Production, and it looks like you're moving right along! Check back with us next week for another update!" This conforms with statement from my salesman who said he was getting deliveries last week of Z51s and had no concerns about my car being built this month. So far so good.
That sounds encouraging to me!!

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have sold for a couple of years...have a couple Stingrays on order for my own customers. Constraints are always a troubling issue to navigate. I really boils down to active constraints at time of allocation for the order placed. Technically, an order can be placed by a dealer at any time, and accepted in a 'preliminary status' (1100) and just sit until that dealer has an allocation. If there are active constraints at that time, then the order will either be passed over (for a 'buildable' unit) or require modification to move forward.

#31 ·
When did you place your order?

#39 ·
You are probably good to go. I have had a Z51 convertible on order since June and was number 3 of his 4 convertible initial allocations. Friday my dealer called. GM had given him allocations enough to cover my order, but not with a Z51. I changed the order to non-Z51 and my order goes in on this weeks allocation. If I had not, he said it could be several months, based on existing Z51 orders already in the system.

BTW - This guy has pretty good connections. While not one of the big 3 vette dealers, he has been a supporting dealer on CorvetteForum since it's startup, and got me one of the first 427 Convertibles last year. (Vin 0041)

#34 ·
Last Wednesday I changed my order from CFR to transparent roof (now NO constraints) and they told me my order was submitted on Thursday and it went through to GM. No other news, but am hoping the usual 4-6 weeks holds true.
BIG progress..... 1100 code to 2000.... whoopee!:rolleyes:

#36 ·
Glen.... you just made my day!:)
I hope you are correct, my friend!

Already checking out the hotels in Nashville. Going to stay there for two days to "play" before the museum delivery. Can't wait for the call from the NCM!

#37 ·
I wonder how long I would have been driving my car already if I had only gone with a different top. (I ordered exposed CF). Was an absolute beauty weekend here in Ontario and saw a sleek silver Stingray snaking its way through one of our scenic roads here yesterday, man was I jealous. My car received its "production week" 10/28 but I don't think the weather is going to hold out long enough for me to enjoy a good drive before winter.

I hope that the constraints don't affect cars after they've received their pw dates.

#38 ·
I think the constraints only apply to new orders. Orders past 3000 are accounted for in the factory build inventory. However, there may be delays in projected deliveries, lost shipments, or rejected goods that would affect the TPW. Running a factory with a platform as complex as a Stingray is challenging. Obviously GM does it every day but schedules are very fluid.

They want to produce and sell these cars, lots of pressure on the factory to hit or exceed targeted production every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.