Thread: New Oracle Sidemarker LED Lights

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    3079 times
    Looks awesome Scott! Nice job.
    twowinns likes this.
    Bryan
    1978 "Fastback Shark" - Shark grey was 50th BD gift to my bride.
    2015 Rebel 1 Stingray - Torch Red, Z51, 3LT, Manual, Custom Stinger, G3 splitter and skirts. Sold 3/31 at 20,800 smiles of miles. 20th anniversary gift.
    2017 Rebel 2 Grand Sport - Torch Red ext/Black int, 2LT, Manual, 22yr anniversary gift.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Great job
    Me too !!!Name:  ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1521349131.746860.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  634.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1521349150.810379.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  502.5 KB
    LOK

NCM Member

KeeVette: 2018 Black with Black/Adrenaline Red 2LT Z51 A8 Coupe, Transparent Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Z51-style 5-split spoke, Satin Black-painted with Red stripe aluminum wheels. Ordered on 08/18/2017. Estimated Production date 11/26/2017.

Mileage
    27,000+
    Member #
    Liked
    1127 times

New Oracle Sidemarker LED Lights

Quote Originally Posted by MojoKeeble View Post
    Great job
    Me too !!!
    Those look great, too.
    2014 Stingray Coupe, Lime Rock Green, 3LT Brownstone, A6, NPP

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Thanx!!!
    LOK

NCM Member

KeeVette: 2018 Black with Black/Adrenaline Red 2LT Z51 A8 Coupe, Transparent Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Z51-style 5-split spoke, Satin Black-painted with Red stripe aluminum wheels. Ordered on 08/18/2017. Estimated Production date 11/26/2017.

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    The side marker lights look outstanding. I'd be interested in knowing how they fit. I bought a set about a year and a half ago. After having them painted and installed them the lights didn't fit very well. I took them off and installed the clear lens. Did Oracle fix that problem? The outside of the light should be nice and flush with the body.
    elegant likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times

New Oracle Sidemarker LED Lights

Itís flush @jkformosa but if I were to give in to my OCD, they are not microflush...
    Last edited by MojoKeeble; 04-09-2018 at 10:33 PM.
    LOK

NCM Member

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Name:  ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1523334701.532070.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  634.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1523334727.843451.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  502.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1523334758.031928.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  1.03 MB
    LOK

NCM Member

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    MojoKeeble, excellent shots of your C7 Masterpiece, it looks way better blacked out.

SF
    Rick
    MojoKeeble likes this.
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I am ghosting my Arctic White car, but dang I priced these at over 500 bucks?

Member #
    Liked
    1202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgary View Post
    I am ghosting my Arctic White car, but dang I priced these at over 500 bucks?
    That's a bit crazy.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    May just get the clear type as it will blend in with the arctic white. Just put the new hood scoop white piece in looks good.
    Name:  thumbnail_IMG_0950.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  212.3 KB

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jkformosa View Post
    The side marker lights look outstanding. I'd be interested in knowing how they fit. I bought a set about a year and a half ago. After having them painted and installed them the lights didn't fit very well. I took them off and installed the clear lens. Did Oracle fix that problem? The outside of the light should be nice and flush with the body.
    I ordered a set of Torch Red ghosted from Oracle directly for my 2018 Z06. After installing I noticed that there was a bad fitment issue to the extent that the new lights do not sit flush with the fenders like the OEM lights. The passenger side rear was the worst and that one won't even clip in solidly. I can pull it out with my hand from the outside. After contacting Oracle directly about this issue and requesting a refund for poor product quality I was told there is no refund for custom painted parts. I complained more and this was their response:

"Thank you for your reply. While I understand your concern please note that the lenses on the side-markers need to be raised higher than the OEM units in order to compensate for the inner components (I.e; circuitboards, LEDs, etc). This is for reasons mostly to do with heat, as excess heat decreases the lifespan of an LED dramatically, and the only way to decrease that possibility in an enclosed unit is airspace.

In regards to the clips, these do not need to be shaved down. However, it has been known for the paint process to add an additional few millimeters of thickness to them, which would make them a bit tighter to fit. Excessive force should not put placed on the unit and the shaving down is the correct process as you did.

The fitment of the sidemarkers that you have described is in fact the correct fitment of this product. A return for refund will not be eligible on this purchase."

I never mentioned anything about shaving down the parts so they must have me mixed up with another unsatisfied customer. If good fitment is something you value I would not recommend buying anything from Oracle. I am out $550 bucks but I can certainly warn others. Buyer beware!
    Sauraus likes this.
    Vette 7: 2018 Z06 2LZ Coupe, M7, Torch Red exterior with Carbon Flash trim, Black interior, NPP Exhaust, Showstopper custom dress up pieces and billet fluid caps. Permagrin re-engaged!

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10507 times
    Thanks for the update and details Meister. That isn't the type of customer service I would like to experience! Unfortunate indeed.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I never mentioned anything about shaving down the parts so they must have me mixed up with another unsatisfied customer. If good fitment is something you value I would not recommend buying anything from Oracle. I am out $550 bucks but I can certainly warn others. Buyer beware!
    Sounds like my experience although Oracle did send me a couple of replacement side markers as I meassured them all up and had varrying thickness on them, at the end I just gave up and now I have to say I donít see it unless I take a close look. Still not happy and wonít buy Oracle every again.

PS. Have you tried contacting your CC provider? Might be possible to have them to get you a refund because the vendor mislead you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 C7 2LT

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    824 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauraus View Post
    Sounds like my experience although Oracle did send me a couple of replacement side markers as I meassured them all up and had varrying thickness on them, at the end I just gave up and now I have to say I donít see it unless I take a close look. Still not happy and wonít buy Oracle every again.

PS. Have you tried contacting your CC provider? Might be possible to have them to get you a refund because the vendor mislead you.

The fit is horrible. I purchased these and 2 of the 4 would not snap into the clip. I contacted them and their response was to watch the video on their website on how to install them. The specís on their clips were off by about a sixteenth of an inch. Sent them back for a refund.

2017 Grand Sport Coupe, 3LT, Admiral Blue, Heritage Package.
    Previous - 2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels,
    2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe,
    1997 C5 Coupe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links