Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Matching Vinyl for Carbon Flash Metallic

15K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  21017 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I took a small 2"x3" sample of VVIVID, 3M and AVERY Vinyl and applied them to my spoiler. Photos were taken with the car inside the garage and outside. I believe the 3M product is the closest to Carbon Flash. Although you may not be able to see it in the photos, the Avery product is not as black as the 3M, although I believe the Avery product looks a little more metallic than 3M. VVIVID doesn't even come close! Opinions are most welcome!

Text Font Automotive exterior Bumper Label
Text Font Automotive exterior Label
Text Font Material property Label
Text Font Tire Automotive exterior Rim
Text Font Signage
Text Font
Black Text Font Textile Label

See less See more
#3 ·
3M is what we used too.

#4 ·
Matt, I believe you're 100% correct, even though it's hard to compare by looking at pictures.

SF
Rick

#7 ·
I don't have any experience with vinyl wraps. So, is it possible to wrap the stage 1 front splitter with the 3M Gloss Black Metallic? Or, am I just wishful thinking?

#8 ·
No reason it couldn’t be done. They wrap whole cars. I think it would get beat up pretty bad though from road debris. If I remember in Glen’s build thread, he painted his CF and then put Expel door guard on the leading edge. That may be a better option than wrap for a splitter.

Reactions: Vigilance247
#9 ·
I used the 3M 1080 to black out my Stingray grill before replacing it with a Z06 grill. The 3M was a perfect match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.