Show us your mods
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Show us your mods

Member #
    Liked
    1234 times

Show us your mods

Finally have my Z51 back from the detail shop so wanted to post pics of the mods I had done. Suntek clear bra on the front, new carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, and carbon flash metallic wrapped side mirrors and rear spoiler.

Name:  15 vette mod driver front.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  952.1 KB
    Name:  15 vette mod driver rear.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  958.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Mileage
    29,000+
    Member #
    Liked
    1138 times
    Looks very nice, fireeagle.
    Fireeagle likes this.
    2014 Stingray Coupe, Lime Rock Green, 3LT Brownstone, A6, NPP

Hidden Content

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19652 times
    Thank you fireagle. I always love the color scheme of silver and black! Your car is looking terrific.
    Fireeagle likes this.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1141 times
    It looks great! Just has that look of speed, I'm sure it's even better in person!
    Fireeagle likes this.
    Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
    Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    fireeagle, excellent shots of your C7 Masterpiece, doesn't it feel good to break it out for some wheel time after having the winter blues.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Mileage
    17000+ W&C I, II & III
    Member #
    Liked
    6064 times
    Beautiful !!
    Fireeagle likes this.
    Paul

2015 Stingray: 1LT Blade Silver, A8, ZF1 Package, Transparent Top, NPP Exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

Mods: 2018 OEM Satin Black/Red Stripe Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z51 Sway Bars, Elite Catch Can. Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts,

A&A Supercharger

National Corvette Museum Member

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    1065 times
    Here are a few pics; Ceramic Brakes, CAGS Eliminator, Splitter Protector, Skid Pad Protector, Door Panel Protector, Upper Dash Pad Color Change, Minor body and engine mods and many other small mods not shown:
    Name:  Rear Diffuser LT.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  71.0 KB

Rear Diffuser
    Name:  IMG_6344.JPG
Views: 885
Size:  1.92 MB
    Cup Holder Mod, holds full water bottle in 1+ "g" stop, turn

Name:  Before-After.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  50.7 KB
    Easy Muffler Rust Fix

Name:  IMG_7366.JPG
Views: 875

Nylon Bra Over Stage 3 Winglets
    Name:  IMG_6244.JPG
Views: 849
Size:  1.70 MB

Cue Ball Shift Knob
    Name:  Forumjpg.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  106.4 KB

Stage 3 Winglets
    Last edited by Jerry U; 05-09-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    Hidden Content 2017 Grand Sport, M7, Stage 2 Aero, Machined Faced Wheels, 2.5 LT Red Interior with Red Seat Belts
    C7 Carbon Rear Diffuser

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    832 times
    So been a interesting week. Got the new JL Jeep over getting Sun-Tech partial wrap and dropped by the local dealership for a oil service on the C7. While hanging around the showroom and parts department I struck up a conversation with parts manger about some display pieces on the wall. They included a Stingray Hood liner and a Z06 Carbon Flash front grill without cameras. He mentioned if i wanted either piece he was going to be changing the display (after about a year I think) and he would make me a killer deal on both or either piece. After some internal dialogue along the lines do i need them (no) ,do I want them (yes), can i sneak them by my bride without the usual "why did you need that questions?" For which I usually have no acceptable good answer by the way.
    Can you guess my well though out decision?? Yep. I used the same excuse i have heard in the past "but they were on sale!" response. "I had to buy them"! It wouldn't be right to pass them up...." Look at all the money I saved !"

Name:  20180622_095323.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  2.91 MB

Name:  20180622_112309.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  3.14 MB

Name:  20180622_085206.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  3.63 MB
    As a side bonus I found a great local Corvette go fast shop to handle the install of the grill at what i found to be a reasonable price point. The dealer wanted about $300. to install it as they felt it would take at least 2 hours or more. Figured this local shop who specializes in super chargers and other go fast installs had the experience to remove the front fascia. And by the way there is a crap load of fasteners, screws etc holding that piece on.
    So for less than half what the dealer wanted I got to meet a great crew and shop (who i am sure will benefit in the future for other mods and or upkeep. Guys really took care with my car and were friendly and accommodating to my watching and checking out the insides behind the grill of my C7. Couldn't be happier with the install and the end product. Oh and it took the mechanic about 95 minutes to handle the job and took care to protect the adjoining body panels during the process.

Crap..upside down pics again... sorry about that.
    Last edited by 15snow-ray; 06-22-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    Ateupjoe likes this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Everyone definitely needs some side marker & rear marker tinted overlays!
    https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...eflectors.html

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry U View Post
    Here are a few pics; Ceramic Brakes, CAGS Eliminator, Splitter Protector, Skid Pad Protector, Door Panel Protector, Upper Dash Pad Color Change, Minor body and engine mods and many other small mods not shown:
    Name:  Rear Diffuser LT.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  71.0 KB

Rear Diffuser
    Name:  IMG_6344.JPG
Views: 885
    Cup Holder Mod, holds full water bottle in 1+ "g" stop, turn

Name:  Before-After.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  50.7 KB
    Easy Muffler Rust Fix

Name:  IMG_7366.JPG
Views: 875

Nylon Bra Over Stage 3 Winglets
    Name:  IMG_6244.JPG
Views: 849
Size:  1.70 MB

Cue Ball Shift Knob
    Name:  Forumjpg.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  106.4 KB

Stage 3 Winglets
    What bra is that?

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    added a custom bored out LT4 Supercharger on my dry sump Z51 Stingray!
    Name:  thumbnail_IMG_0925.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  211.5 KB
    Last edited by Vigilance247; 01-09-2019 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Fixed format
    Mack likes this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10604 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgary View Post
    added a custom bored out LT4 Supercharger on my dry sump Z51 Stingray!
    Nice installation. How do you like it's new power/handling?
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    What did this mod entail? How much Horsepower gains, cost etc......

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgary View Post
    added a custom bored out LT4 Supercharger on my dry sump Z51 Stingray!Name:  thumbnail_IMG_0925.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  211.5 KB
    Last edited by Vigilance247; 01-09-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Fixed format

Member #
    Liked
    1065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewstorm View Post
    What bra is that?
    NoviStreach.

I added Stage 3 Winglets so used "Snap Extensions" to make it go around the Winglets. Amazon has them as do most Marine stores as I used them on my pontoon boat cover after it shrunk!
    Name:  IMG_7373.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  2.25 MB
    Hidden Content 2017 Grand Sport, M7, Stage 2 Aero, Machined Faced Wheels, 2.5 LT Red Interior with Red Seat Belts
    C7 Carbon Rear Diffuser

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Name:  thumbnail_IMG_0950.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  212.3 KBThe power is awesome! Torque and power starts around 1500 and just goes wild crazy after that. It is a street car never gone to track, not much around where I live. I have corsa x pipe and thats it. When the engine is turned on you just have to grin, its loud. Was timed and dynode on a mustang dyno and am at 600 rear wheel power and torque. Pans out to almost 700 at crank 680 or so. This was done before I went with this white Supercharger as the first one had a catastrophic failure nobody can figure out (I think over heat}. Anyway I love the new one, have not tuned or dyno but will this spring, this new one is ported and polished out to 103 mm so will be installing a 103mm throttle body. I don't really want to start chasing horse power! The cost is quoted at 4500from WeaponX but you wind up paying more for additional pieces of gear. The LT1 does bot have enough fuel to cover the bandwidth and at higher RPMs can begin to damage the engine, thus if you want to be safe you need LT4 fuel pump and injectors ($1500)or a different fuel solution, maybe several hundred more for stock PVC hoses for the factory look and then 750 for dyno/tune. All total plan on 7K. I had dealer install new harmonic balancer and paid dyno shop to install just the supercharger on the top of the engine (I already installed the pulleys water pump and heat exchanger (fairly easy) I believe I could of installed the Supercharger at home and drove it for tune just was not sure first time around and would of saved another 700 buck. There seems to be several ways of connecting the electrical systems as I have come across 3 variations. On the setup I have now seems some splicing was done to eliminate hooking up to one of the MAP sensors (driver front on SC). May be a concern not sure as I installed this new one at the house and runs perfect with no codes so seems to be good, still investigating. All in all this is a fantastic setup, as you can see I also added a mighty mouse catch can which keeps dirty gas/oil from reentering the supercharger and added a secondary expansion tank from Granitellie (on the drivers side). The engine bay looks very clean and ready to kill at car shows. I have been working on the exterior to replace a lot of the black intake/outake pieces with arctic white to ghost the car. So far the aft tail lights are done, the hood is done and waiting on Z06 scooped transmission scoops by the aft windows to get here. Last thing to complete this winter is arctic white ghosted LED side makers. Yesterday finished Ceramic Coating (4 weekend project), today final coat of GLISS going on (its like a hyper coating that gets the paint to a higher gloss and slickness. Ill post some pics later.
    Last edited by Mrgary; 01-14-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links