First Look at the REAL C8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: First Look at the REAL C8

Member #
    Liked
    1141 times
    The Z button allows you to program various elements of the driving modes into a custom package (e.g. tour suspension, sport exhaust) seems more useful for the various levels of track settings.

Great looking car, but the interior looks cramped, especially for the passenger and there is no interior storage space that I could see other than what the already cramped passenger can put into the footwell or her lap. Nice car for someone, but I am extra thrilled with my C7 this morning.
    Z28+23, white_out and mneadle like this.
    Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
    Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    834 times
    Im thinking with a $60K starting point my C7 resale just tanked...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    jimb1977 and Racer_X like this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 15snow-ray View Post

I was thinking my C7 M7 value will hold steady and possibly rise.

The <$60K is probably $59,999 and I'm guessing a well appointed Z51 will push $80,000 and the Z06 will break six figures. There will be a $200,000 C8 at the end of the performance curve.

Impressive reveal. Without the camouflage, there's a whole lot of busy lines going on all over the car. Loving my C7 this morning.
    German, Fireeagle and mneadle like this.
    Hidden Content
    2015 Z51 Coupe, Blade Silver, 1LT, Upgraded Red Leather Seats, 7 Speed Manual, Daily Driver

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 15snow-ray View Post

Yeah, this is probably not a good time to sell a C7. You would think that with all the people out there in internet-land complaining about the looks of the C8, listing all the things they hate about it, there ought to be a buyer for a C7, but I doubt that is the case. Those are mostly just trolls putting out knee-jerk reactions based on the assumption that GM cannot get anything right.

Even though Chevy sells Corvettes in comparatively high volumes, two-seaters are still niche vehicles.

Up until last night, the C7 was the best executed Corvette ever, and that should still mean something in the resale market, eventually. I truly believe that somewhere between 2014 and 2019, the zenith was reached for front engine, rear drive sports cars. Mine having a manual trans makes it even more of a throwback.

What I am truly excited about is what the arrival of the C8 means for the GTLM race car.
    2017 Grand Sport, Arctic White with red stinger stripe and carbon flash hash marks. Adrenaline Red leather seats. 2LT, M7, satin black wheels with red stripe, PDR.

Member #
    Liked
    1234 times
    I was up till midnight east coast time not intending to watch or realizing it was on till a buddy named Norm sent me the link by e-mail.

My first impression was it's nicer than I expected. I was not overly impressed like I was when I first saw and started reading about the C7 and new I had to get one. A bit shocked that they did not break the 500 hp barrier with the Z51 model and the torque was not where I thought it would be. The 0 to 60 times are impressive under 3 seconds if they hold true and I really like the front end lift feature. That said, I won't even think about looking into buying one for at least 3 years. Let the bugs get exterminated first. I'm still so happy with my current Z51, she'll be around for a long time.
    German and Henry427 like this.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Member #
    Liked
    1234 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28+23 View Post

The <$60K is probably $59,999 and I'm guessing a well appointed Z51 will push $80,000 and the Z06 will break six figures. There will be a $200,000 C8 at the end of the performance curve.

Impressive reveal. Without the camouflage, there's a whole lot of busy lines going on all over the car. Loving my C7 this morning.
    You have a great reason to love your c7.... the color
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6083 times
    I was going to watch last night, but I forgot.

I looked at some of the pictures this morning. My first glimpse was that it was not good.

However, after looking at it from multiple angles, it looks better to me now than it did at my first gut reaction. I don't think I will get any C8 variant, but I am sure a lot of people will, and they will love it.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    2701 times
    WOW, can't believe all the negativity but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Saw exactly the same thing 6 years ago with the C7.

I think they hit a home run but the proof will be in the drive. If it's driving dynamics are close to what Tadge described then it might actually have a chance to win over some European sports car fans, of which I count myself as one. I could never fully warm up to the large and somewhat detached feeling the C7 gave me compared to my Porsche's, but it came pretty darn close. Maybe this one will hit that sweet spot.

The Z06 and ultimately ZR1 versions will be insane.
    jsvette likes this.
    Mark

2015 Porsche Boxster GTS
    2014 2LT Z51 7sp Coupe (sold)
    2019 Ram 1500 (tow vehicle)
    2015 Porsche Macan S (wife's daily driver)

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    276 times
    I think it is beautiful. Am proud America has a super car fighter at sub $100k prices. Sure, there are elements I could question. Overall, a well done step change. IMHO
    2016 Blade Silver Z51 Vert with PDR and gray top.

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28+23 View Post

I think your being optimistic but i hope your right. Yes once you start optioning the car out you will approach $100K rapidly. My 2015 Z51 , 3LT convertable was $82K on the window and the Z06 is already over $100K and has been for a couple of years so my money is on the C8 well optioned will run into the six figures pretty easily. Still worth every penny assuming no major issues as they come out into the main stream.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    The actual trunk that holds golf clubs sold me... Hey Mike Furman! Are you listening?...lol

Mileage
    38500 +
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I love my C7 Z06 but I have to admit, this C8 is a GRAND SLAM and I will be keeping my C7 and will also be getting a C8 Z06 once it hits the ground. I love the new colors now I have over a year to decide what color to get.
    Last edited by Kevin; 07-20-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    Things I like: Steering wheel-flat top and bottom, Cell phone holder and Exhaust pipes.
    2016 C7, A8, 2LT Package, Mag Ride, PDR, Z51 Wheels, Exhaust. MSRP $72, 345. New addition 07/15/2017: Uniden R3 Radar Detector

Mileage
    17000+ W&C I, II & III
    Member #
    Liked
    6064 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    I was going to watch last night, but I forgot.

I looked at some of the pictures this morning. My first glimpse was that it was not good.

However, after looking at it from multiple angles, it looks better to me now than it did at my first gut reaction. I don't think I will get any C8 variant, but I am sure a lot of people will, and they will love it.
    Well Rodney, I'm having some similar thoughts. It's starting to grow on me a bit but I don't think I'll own one. I won't even consider buying a C8 for at least three years but by then I'll be pushing 70. Being 6' 6" with a back condition that continues to worsen will probably make getting in and out any sports car difficult at best.
    Last edited by Henry427; 07-20-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Paul

2015 Stingray: 1LT Blade Silver, A8, ZF1 Package, Transparent Top, NPP Exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

Mods: 2018 OEM Satin Black/Red Stripe Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z51 Sway Bars, Elite Catch Can. Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts,

A&A Supercharger

National Corvette Museum Member

Hidden Content

Mileage
    29,000+
    Member #
    Liked
    1138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by white_out View Post
    I still wanna know what the "Z" button on the steering wheel does!! Anyone? Anyone?
    It’s a self-programmable setting button- pick your steering, exhaust, etc. Then you can access that customized setting at the push of a button.
    2014 Stingray Coupe, Lime Rock Green, 3LT Brownstone, A6, NPP

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links