See less See more
#4 ·
Some quick facts:
Pricing will be just under $60k!
The naturally aspirated V8 has 495 hp/ 470 torque, and a dry sump system
8 speed dual clutch transmission

Reactions: TXAg92
#5 · (Edited)
Pricing and power are great but I'm a little underwhelmed with the styling; but then I've never gotten too excited about the looks of a Lamborghini, Ferrari or NSX. I watched the presentation (can anyone say hyperbole?) and then went into the garage for a comparison look ... I think I'll keep my good ol' Stingray. :tranquillity:

#7 ·
i feel the same! My Red 17 Stingray, with 7M, provides this 70 year old with plenty of thrills and excitement, every time I slip behind the wheel. I had hoped that the body style would have had more "chiseled lines"! The realist that I am, I doubt I'll be around for the "reveal" of a C9! Guess I'll make my C7 a "daily driver" and enjoy "every mile with a smile"!

#14 ·
There must be 20 or 30 videos in there! I like the 1080p PDR. Plenty to look at until they get their "build your own" app up and running (understand they still have some 2019's to sell).

Everything about the new car appears to be very nicely done. And the entry price is surprisingly low for the content.

I will give them a year or two to work out any remaining issues with the CAN bus, and by then I will probably warm to the new styling.

OK, I still wanna know what the "Z" button on the steering wheel does!! Anyone? Anyone?

#9 · (Edited)
To each there own but i was impressed. And shocked at the pricing. Remains to be seen what actual dealers will be trying to get and what happens when you start building your dream car but starting around 60K almost seems impossible considering the work done to bring to market. I still find it hard to believe you will get a highly optioned C8 under 110K. Local dealer doing there own reveal in August with many local owners invited to wet their appetite on their first delivered C8. I expect to see a 25K add on for dealer mark up .
Hell of a car in my humble opinion.
Have not seen all the colors yet and I am a bit biased but in white it is stunning. As with the C7 it seems it looks great in any color. Very happy with the additional choices in interior and exterior colors. Personally i missed the old days when you could get a complete red or a blue interior. Going to be some beautiful combinations built going forward i believe.

Reactions: jimb1977 and Z28+23
#11 ·
Local dealer doing there own reveal in August with many local owners invited to wet their appetite on their first delivered C8.
I think the vehicles previewing at dealers are part of Chevy's road show tour as opposed to actual dealer-delivery cars.

Kinda like the looks up until the back half although the expansive horizontal surface of the back end could come in handy when tailgating.

#10 ·
Before last night, ai was very skeptical that I would like the C8’s design, but I have to admit it’s growing on me. The technical specs really get my attention, and the unexpected luggage space was a nice surprise.

I’m very happy with my C7, but could see myself getting a CPO 2021 model in 2022 or 2023.

#12 · (Edited)
My first thought was ZR1 front end was the inspiration and the Camaro rear-end and Quarter panel was the inspiration. The deck spoiler and 3/4 skirts are uninspiring. The glass cover over the engine compartments looks weird from the top view looking downward.

Overall, it looks nice but I also am alittle underwhelmed based on the pre-hype and comparison to the exotic looks and performance. I am sure as the Z06, Grand Sport and ZR1/Zora versions come out they will stair step toward meeting the hype and expectations.

I get this is just the entry level and you don't want to show your entire hand all at once so I give them the benefit of doubt. I give the car in looks an 8 on scale of 1-10. I am sure in person that it is stunning and beautiful to look at.

Attachments

#13 ·
I like everything about the design of the C8 except for the rear, which looks a little too busy and a little too Camaro-like for my tastes, but I could live with it. In my book, looking like a Ferrari is a good thing.

I have no immediate plans to replace my C7, and I tend to avoid first-year models on principle, since they tend to still be working through initial bugs. But at this price point, I would seriously consider trading my C7 for a C8 sometime around 2021 or 2022.

#16 ·
The Z button allows you to program various elements of the driving modes into a custom package (e.g. tour suspension, sport exhaust) seems more useful for the various levels of track settings.

Great looking car, but the interior looks cramped, especially for the passenger and there is no interior storage space that I could see other than what the already cramped passenger can put into the footwell or her lap. Nice car for someone, but I am extra thrilled with my C7 this morning.

#38 ·
The Z button IS designed for the track. The MyMode is designed for custom street settings.

The interior is roomy, at least for the driver. I'm 6-0 and in my C7 GS I have the seat all the way back on the street. When I got in the C8, I found I was way too far back and had to move the seat forward quite a bit. Hip room is good and, as you can see from the photo below, headroom is very comfortable, even with a helmet on. In the photo, I'm further back than I should be for track driving (elbows should be at 90 degree angle), so there is plenty of additional legroom. My 6-3 friend who was with me and also sat in the car, agreed about the roominess. He fit well with his helmet on, too.

The passenger side legroom, hip and headroom are good, but the one area of concern is the ridge running down between the seats. It doesn't give the passenger anywhere to rest their left arm. The ridge is very hard and uncomfortable for that position. By putting the seat all the way back, the passenger can rest his or her left forearm on the center console but at an angle that might prove uncomfortable on a long trip. This particular design area really needs to be rethought. Maybe a more steeply angled ridge with a double row of buttons, instead? This would give the passenger more elbow room.

Keep in mind these cars are pre-production prototypes, so there are bound to be some changes before production begins toward the end of the year.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive design

#18 ·
I was thinking my C7 M7 value will hold steady and possibly rise.

The <$60K is probably $59,999 and I'm guessing a well appointed Z51 will push $80,000 and the Z06 will break six figures. There will be a $200,000 C8 at the end of the performance curve.

Impressive reveal. Without the camouflage, there's a whole lot of busy lines going on all over the car. Loving my C7 this morning.

#20 ·
I was up till midnight east coast time not intending to watch or realizing it was on till a buddy named Norm sent me the link by e-mail.

My first impression was it's nicer than I expected. I was not overly impressed like I was when I first saw and started reading about the C7 and new I had to get one. A bit shocked that they did not break the 500 hp barrier with the Z51 model and the torque was not where I thought it would be. The 0 to 60 times are impressive under 3 seconds if they hold true and I really like the front end lift feature. That said, I won't even think about looking into buying one for at least 3 years. Let the bugs get exterminated first. I'm still so happy with my current Z51, she'll be around for a long time.

#22 ·
I was going to watch last night, but I forgot.

I looked at some of the pictures this morning. My first glimpse was that it was not good.

However, after looking at it from multiple angles, it looks better to me now than it did at my first gut reaction. I don't think I will get any C8 variant, but I am sure a lot of people will, and they will love it.

#29 · (Edited)
Well Rodney, I'm having some similar thoughts. It's starting to grow on me a bit but I don't think I'll own one. I won't even consider buying a C8 for at least three years but by then I'll be pushing 70. Being 6' 6" with a back condition that continues to worsen will probably make getting in and out any sports car difficult at best.

#23 ·
WOW, can't believe all the negativity but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Saw exactly the same thing 6 years ago with the C7.

I think they hit a home run but the proof will be in the drive. If it's driving dynamics are close to what Tadge described then it might actually have a chance to win over some European sports car fans, of which I count myself as one. I could never fully warm up to the large and somewhat detached feeling the C7 gave me compared to my Porsche's, but it came pretty darn close. Maybe this one will hit that sweet spot.

The Z06 and ultimately ZR1 versions will be insane.

#32 ·
X2. Should be a real treat watching it function and disappear around the mid engine...

#33 · (Edited)
Back in the '90's the automotive press used the derogatory term "Boy Racer" to describe cars that had an excess of scoops, spoilers, wings and body creases. I know these features on the C8 are functional but ... :torn:

#34 ·
I get the fact that there is a lot going on with body lines etc however i think the reality is they aren't making this car for "mature" drivers like many of us. This is for the new generation of Corvette buyers who will take them into the future. For the baby boomers we aren't going to be buying these cars for many more years. One need only look to Harley Davidson and see what happens as your primary buyers age out of their market and you aren't providing what the next generation wants. HD has been suffering through poor sales and lack of interest the last couple of years and now is producing a new line of motorcycles designed for the next generation of riders and struggling to catch on or catch up.... battery powered motorcycles? YUK

A very small sample i am sure is being repeated across the country but at last weekends cars and coffee meets it was an over whelming "hell yes" i want one . And that was even from Porsche owners..
My crystal ball says the C8 will be a huge success with long waits and high sticker costs for the next 2 years plus..and that is assuming no mechanical issues as they hit the streets.

#39 ·
The one thing many of the reviews and potential owners are NOT considering is maintenance on these new generation mid engine cars! As “Mr. Subaru” (he’s owned many Corvettes and is a knowledgeable tech) on his YT site, this is a very labor intensive car (unlike the C7) to work on and access for maintenance let alone major issues is very limited. Many repairs will require engine out service a la Ferrari or Porsche. Welcome to the “brave new world” of the C8!

#40 ·
I think it's awesome. In fact so much so I put down $5000 yesterday. I like Rapid Blue, GT3 seats, High Spoiler, Carbon Flash Wheels, & Engine Illumination option.
Only 16 allotted to this dealership. I'm # 9.
The only thing I hate is MD State Law requirement to have a front license plate bracket [emoji34]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#41 ·
Welcome to Stingrayforums JoePro4X! One of the GM engineers stated that they designed the C8 front bumper to better accommodate a front license plate. So, it should look more integrated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.