First Look at the REAL C8 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: First Look at the REAL C8

Member #
    Liked
    1981 times
    I think I like the look of this convertible more than the coupe https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...y-convertible/
    Dave1962 likes this.
    1LT Coupe / Crystal Red / Black Int. / 7MT / Navigation / Performance Exhaust (Ordered 03/20/2014)

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by regguy1 View Post
    I think I like the look of this convertible more than the coupe https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...y-convertible/
    X2. Should be a real treat watching it function and disappear around the mid engine...
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Mileage
    17000+ W&C I, II & III
    Member #
    Liked
    6064 times
    Back in the '90's the automotive press used the derogatory term "Boy Racer" to describe cars that had an excess of scoops, spoilers, wings and body creases. I know these features on the C8 are functional but ...
    Last edited by Henry427; 07-21-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    Paul

2015 Stingray: 1LT Blade Silver, A8, ZF1 Package, Transparent Top, NPP Exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

Mods: 2018 OEM Satin Black/Red Stripe Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z51 Sway Bars, Elite Catch Can. Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts,

A&A Supercharger

National Corvette Museum Member

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry427 View Post
    Back in the '90's the automotive press used the derogatory term "Boy Racer" to describe cars that had an excess of scoops, spoilers, wings and body creases. I know these features on the C8 are functional but ...
    I get the fact that there is a lot going on with body lines etc however i think the reality is they aren't making this car for "mature" drivers like many of us. This is for the new generation of Corvette buyers who will take them into the future. For the baby boomers we aren't going to be buying these cars for many more years. One need only look to Harley Davidson and see what happens as your primary buyers age out of their market and you aren't providing what the next generation wants. HD has been suffering through poor sales and lack of interest the last couple of years and now is producing a new line of motorcycles designed for the next generation of riders and struggling to catch on or catch up.... battery powered motorcycles? YUK

A very small sample i am sure is being repeated across the country but at last weekends cars and coffee meets it was an over whelming "hell yes" i want one . And that was even from Porsche owners..
    My crystal ball says the C8 will be a huge success with long waits and high sticker costs for the next 2 years plus..and that is assuming no mechanical issues as they hit the streets.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6083 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 15snow-ray View Post
    I get the fact that there is a lot going on with body lines etc however i think the reality is they aren't making this car for "mature" drivers like many of us. This is for the new generation of Corvette buyers who will take them into the future. For the baby boomers we aren't going to be buying these cars for many more years. One need only look to Harley Davidson and see what happens as your primary buyers age out of their market and you aren't providing what the next generation wants. HD has been suffering through poor sales and lack of interest the last couple of years and now is producing a new line of motorcycles designed for the next generation of riders and struggling to catch on or catch up.... battery powered motorcycles? YUK

A very small sample i am sure is being repeated across the country but at last weekends cars and coffee meets it was an over whelming "hell yes" i want one . And that was even from Porsche owners..
    My crystal ball says the C8 will be a huge success with long waits and high sticker costs for the next 2 years plus..and that is assuming no mechanical issues as they hit the streets.
    Buell had a winning lineup. I wish HD hadn't killed it. I wish they would start it back up. If they did, I wonder if it would be successful in the coming years.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    I thought I would compare the C7 and C8 to see how they look together.

Name:  C8C7 Comparison.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  33.8 KB

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tlippy View Post
    Things I like: Steering wheel-flat top and bottom, Cell phone holder and Exhaust pipes.
    It's not just a cell phone holder, it's an induction charger for smart phones so equipped, such as the iPhone X and variants, as well as some newer Android devices.
    jsvette likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by German View Post
    The Z button allows you to program various elements of the driving modes into a custom package (e.g. tour suspension, sport exhaust) seems more useful for the various levels of track settings.

Great looking car, but the interior looks cramped, especially for the passenger and there is no interior storage space that I could see other than what the already cramped passenger can put into the footwell or her lap. Nice car for someone, but I am extra thrilled with my C7 this morning.
    The Z button IS designed for the track. The MyMode is designed for custom street settings.

The interior is roomy, at least for the driver. I'm 6-0 and in my C7 GS I have the seat all the way back on the street. When I got in the C8, I found I was way too far back and had to move the seat forward quite a bit. Hip room is good and, as you can see from the photo below, headroom is very comfortable, even with a helmet on. In the photo, I'm further back than I should be for track driving (elbows should be at 90 degree angle), so there is plenty of additional legroom. My 6-3 friend who was with me and also sat in the car, agreed about the roominess. He fit well with his helmet on, too.

The passenger side legroom, hip and headroom are good, but the one area of concern is the ridge running down between the seats. It doesn't give the passenger anywhere to rest their left arm. The ridge is very hard and uncomfortable for that position. By putting the seat all the way back, the passenger can rest his or her left forearm on the center console but at an angle that might prove uncomfortable on a long trip. This particular design area really needs to be rethought. Maybe a more steeply angled ridge with a double row of buttons, instead? This would give the passenger more elbow room.

Keep in mind these cars are pre-production prototypes, so there are bound to be some changes before production begins toward the end of the year.

Name:  IMG_0881.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  5.02 MB

Name:  SGr2dzg7T8K0jXxPBi0qMA.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  1.78 MB
    jsvette and German like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    The one thing many of the reviews and potential owners are NOT considering is maintenance on these new generation mid engine cars! As “Mr. Subaru” (he’s owned many Corvettes and is a knowledgeable tech) on his YT site, this is a very labor intensive car (unlike the C7) to work on and access for maintenance let alone major issues is very limited. Many repairs will require engine out service a la Ferrari or Porsche. Welcome to the “brave new world” of the C8!
    15snow-ray, German and TXAg92 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think it's awesome. In fact so much so I put down $5000 yesterday. I like Rapid Blue, GT3 seats, High Spoiler, Carbon Flash Wheels, & Engine Illumination option.
    Only 16 allotted to this dealership. I'm # 9.
    The only thing I hate is MD State Law requirement to have a front license plate bracket

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    2932 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePro4X View Post
    I think it's awesome. In fact so much so I put down $5000 yesterday. I like Rapid Blue, GT3 seats, High Spoiler, Carbon Flash Wheels, & Engine Illumination option.
    Only 16 allotted to this dealership. I'm # 9.
    The only thing I hate is MD State Law requirement to have a front license plate bracket

Welcome to Stingrayforums JoePro4X! One of the GM engineers stated that they designed the C8 front bumper to better accommodate a front license plate. So, it should look more integrated.
    NCM Lifetime MemberXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHaving trouble searching the forum? Try a Google search "[keyword] site:Hidden Content Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15. Arrived 02/12/15.
    Hidden Content Valentine's Day
    2016 BASH
    Forum Rules
    Vendor Rules
    For-Sale Rules
    Business Rules
    Introductions
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    2932 times
    Here is the video that I referenced regarding the front license plate starting at time 11:24.
    njchen24 likes this.
    NCM Lifetime MemberXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHaving trouble searching the forum? Try a Google search "[keyword] site:Hidden Content Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15. Arrived 02/12/15.
    Hidden Content Valentine's Day
    2016 BASH
    Forum Rules
    Vendor Rules
    For-Sale Rules
    Business Rules
    Introductions
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thank you for sharing the video.

Vigilance247 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10605 times
    Welcome to our forum JoePro4X and congrats on your pending C8!
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    @vigilance247, thanks for sharing the video.

@Joepro4x, congrats on your pending c8 and wish you all the best. Would love to see how the front plate will look on yours as I despise front plate as well. It degrades the aesthetic of the Corvette.
    Vigilance247 likes this.
    2017 Stingray, base 1LT, AT, no mods, Watkins Glen Gray.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links