Liked
    10585 times

thubs up First Look at the REAL C8

Name:  C8.png
Views: 80
Size:  1.24 MB
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10585 times
    Name:  2-1.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  245.6 KB
    TXAg92 likes this.
    aka Jeff
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10585 times
    Name:  3.png
Views: 72
Size:  1.57 MB
    TXAg92 likes this.
    aka Jeff

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10585 times
    Some quick facts:
    Pricing will be just under $60k!
    The naturally aspirated V8 has 495 hp/ 470 torque, and a dry sump system
    8 speed dual clutch transmission
    TXAg92 likes this.
    aka Jeff

Mileage
    17000+ W&C I, II & III
    Member #
    Liked
    6057 times
    Pricing and power are great but I'm a little underwhelmed with the styling; but then I've never gotten too excited about the looks of a Lamborghini, Ferrari or NSX. I watched the presentation (can anyone say hyperbole?) and then went into the garage for a comparison look ... I think I'll keep my good ol' Stingray.
    Last edited by Henry427; 07-18-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    Dave1962, krauty, tswillys and 4 others like this.
    Paul

2015 Stingray: 1LT Blade Silver, A8, ZF1 Package, Transparent Top, NPP Exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

Mods: 2018 OEM Satin Black/Red Stripe Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z51 Sway Bars, Elite Catch Can. Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts,

A&A Supercharger

National Corvette Museum Member

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    1972 times
    1LT Coupe / Crystal Red / Black Int. / 7MT / Navigation / Performance Exhaust (Ordered 03/20/2014)

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry427 View Post
    Pricing and power are great but I'm a little underwhelmed with the styling; but then I've never gotten too excited about the looks of a Lamborghini, Ferrari or NSX. I watched the presentation (can anyone say hyperbole?) and then went into the garage for a comparison look ... I think I'll keep my good ol' Stingray.
    i feel the same! My Red 17 Stingray, with 7M, provides this 70 year old with plenty of thrills and excitement, every time I slip behind the wheel. I had hoped that the body style would have had more "chiseled lines"! The realist that I am, I doubt I'll be around for the "reveal" of a C9! Guess I'll make my C7 a "daily driver" and enjoy "every mile with a smile"!
    Z28+23 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I agree!!!! I'll keep my Bumble Bee C7 !!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp
    Racer_X likes this.
    2015 Z06 w/ Z07 Perf. Pkg.

Hidden Content

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    814 times
    To each there own but i was impressed. And shocked at the pricing. Remains to be seen what actual dealers will be trying to get and what happens when you start building your dream car but starting around 60K almost seems impossible considering the work done to bring to market. I still find it hard to believe you will get a highly optioned C8 under 110K. Local dealer doing there own reveal in August with many local owners invited to wet their appetite on their first delivered C8. I expect to see a 25K add on for dealer mark up .
    Hell of a car in my humble opinion.
    Have not seen all the colors yet and I am a bit biased but in white it is stunning. As with the C7 it seems it looks great in any color. Very happy with the additional choices in interior and exterior colors. Personally i missed the old days when you could get a complete red or a blue interior. Going to be some beautiful combinations built going forward i believe.
    Last edited by 15snow-ray; 07-19-2019 at 05:15 AM.
    Z28+23 and jimb1977 like this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Mileage
    27,000+
    Member #
    Liked
    1130 times
    Before last night, ai was very skeptical that I would like the C8’s design, but I have to admit it’s growing on me. The technical specs really get my attention, and the unexpected luggage space was a nice surprise.

I’m very happy with my C7, but could see myself getting a CPO 2021 model in 2022 or 2023.
    jimb1977, mneadle and Sinner like this.
    2014 Stingray Coupe, Lime Rock Green, 3LT Brownstone, A6, NPP

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 15snow-ray View Post
    Local dealer doing there own reveal in August with many local owners invited to wet their appetite on their first delivered C8.
    I think the vehicles previewing at dealers are part of Chevy's road show tour as opposed to actual dealer-delivery cars.

Kinda like the looks up until the back half although the expansive horizontal surface of the back end could come in handy when tailgating.

Member #
    Liked
    285 times
    My first thought was ZR1 front end was the inspiration and the Camaro rear-end and Quarter panel was the inspiration. The deck spoiler and 3/4 skirts are uninspiring. The glass cover over the engine compartments looks weird from the top view looking downward.

Overall, it looks nice but I also am alittle underwhelmed based on the pre-hype and comparison to the exotic looks and performance. I am sure as the Z06, Grand Sport and ZR1/Zora versions come out they will stair step toward meeting the hype and expectations.

I get this is just the entry level and you don't want to show your entire hand all at once so I give them the benefit of doubt. I give the car in looks an 8 on scale of 1-10. I am sure in person that it is stunning and beautiful to look at.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by kgrant; 07-19-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    I like everything about the design of the C8 except for the rear, which looks a little too busy and a little too Camaro-like for my tastes, but I could live with it. In my book, looking like a Ferrari is a good thing.

I have no immediate plans to replace my C7, and I tend to avoid first-year models on principle, since they tend to still be working through initial bugs. But at this price point, I would seriously consider trading my C7 for a C8 sometime around 2021 or 2022.
    Z28+23 likes this.
    2016 C7 Stingray Coupe -- Blade Silver -- Z51 1LT M7

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    366 times
    There must be 20 or 30 videos in there! I like the 1080p PDR. Plenty to look at until they get their "build your own" app up and running (understand they still have some 2019's to sell).

Everything about the new car appears to be very nicely done. And the entry price is surprisingly low for the content.

I will give them a year or two to work out any remaining issues with the CAN bus, and by then I will probably warm to the new styling.

OK, I still wanna know what the "Z" button on the steering wheel does!! Anyone? Anyone?
    2017 Grand Sport, Arctic White with red stinger stripe and carbon flash hash marks. Adrenaline Red leather seats. 2LT, M7, satin black wheels with red stripe, PDR.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    366 times
    OK, they do have a build-it feature:

https://visualizer-west.chevrolet.co...US&channel=b2c
    2017 Grand Sport, Arctic White with red stinger stripe and carbon flash hash marks. Adrenaline Red leather seats. 2LT, M7, satin black wheels with red stripe, PDR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links