• 1 Post By meyerweb
  • 1 Post By rdslon01
  • 1 Post By warp ten

Thread: 0-60 under 3 Seconds and Base Price under $60K

Member #
    Liked
    197 times

0-60 under 3 Seconds and Base Price under $60K

From the reveal event: The C8 will do 0-60 in under 3.0 seconds (at least in Z51 trim) and the base price will start under $60K!

I was optimistic about both price and performance, but this is even better than I imagined...
    jsvette and Kevin like this.
    2016 C7 Stingray Coupe -- Blade Silver -- Z51 1LT M7

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    car seems to look pretty nice too. I'll have to see the interior in person as I'm concerned the passenger space will feel really confined with the row of buttons and c7 interior passenger comfort was part of why I didn't buy a Z06. But they did day there is overall more interior space in the c8 so there is hope.

I think based on just the reveal one would have to say GM has hit it out of the park. 60k start, bet the price raises up to 65 by year two unless some of the options go the Porsche route and ratchet up the price in a hurry. 60k 3 second car, handling exceeds what they hoped for, GPS auto raising front end, still holds two golf club bags, 12 colors (thank you paint shop investment), more interior options, lots of added and new tech.

I can't wait to see it in person and see if I decide to trade in my 9 month old Boxster in year 3 or 4 of the C8. Let them work on some refinements (maybe a rear end improvement as I'm not sold there yet) and bring out the Z06 or whatever they call the increased performance versions.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    It was an impressive reveal once the preliminaries gave way to the car. I'm guessing that $60K base car ramps quickly to close to $80K for a well appointed Z51 and the Z06 takes you into six figures.
    Hidden Content
    2015 Z51 Coupe, Blade Silver, 1LT, Upgraded Red Leather Seats, 7 Speed Manual, Daily Driver

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    38500 +
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    This car is a grand slam home run with extra benefits. It is truly evolutionary, innovative and GM will be known as a marketing genius for years to come.

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    5632 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith View Post
    car seems to look pretty nice too. I'll have to see the interior in person as I'm concerned the passenger space will feel really confined with the row of buttons and c7 interior passenger comfort was part of why I didn't buy a Z06. But they did day there is overall more interior space in the c8 so there is hope.
    People who were at the reveal say the passenger side doesn't feel cramped or crowded at all, and the GM reps said there's about 1" more legroom with the seat all the way back, and about 1" more headroom.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40). >31,000+ miles. Purchased 5/2/2015

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    5632 times
    I'm guessing the Z51 will cost no more than it did on the C7, and maybe less because it doesn't include Nav and PDR. (Those are now part of the 2LT package or available standalone). But the 2LT package contains a lot more than it did on the C7, so I'm guessing $8K to $10K for that. So about $75K for a nice 2LT Z51. Of course, my guess is worth exactly what you paid for it.
    RoninX likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    People who were at the reveal say the passenger side doesn't feel cramped or crowded at all, and the GM reps said there's about 1" more legroom with the seat all the way back, and about 1" more headroom.
    I hope so, interestingly, I think the C7 has more leg room per specs than the Boxster, but I found my legs happier in the Boxster, both on length and width. part of the cramped space in the C7 is the width, the grab handle and the glove box area. The C8 could improve on all of them except maybe the grab handle area not being the HVAC controls. It will be interesting!

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10617 times
    rosco, welcome to our forum. Our forum sponsoring dealers have stated they are selling the C8 at MSRP (no 'market' mark-up), so, it should be possible to purchase one if you are on their list and don't add any upgrades in your build for near the 60k price. From your 'cons' it doesn't seem you have actually seen the C8 in person. Most of the reviews from those who have indicate the passenger seating is not cramped and in fact has a bit more space than the C7. Of course, each of us is welcome to express our own opinions (as long as complying with posting rules) and as with art, liking or disliking depends on the eyes of the beholder.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    5632 times
    I don't think GM ever claimed the C7 would do 0-60 in under 3 seconds. Except the ZR-1, that is.

To each his own about the interior, but I think it looks fantastic, and those who have seen it in person say the execution and materials are first rate.

If you like Dodges so much, buy one. But when you find a road with curves in it, watch the C8 (or C7) disappear into the distance. The 20 year old Dodge chassis is a bad joke in anything but a straight line. Two very different cars intended for very different purposes.

Really not sure why you bothered to join, other than to brag about MOPAR.
    bob109 likes this.
    Hidden Content

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6084 times
    I don't think GM ever claimed the C7 would do 0-60 in under 3 seconds. Except the ZR-1, that is.
    Yes, they did. The C7 Z06 was claimed to have a 0-60 time under 3 seconds, although I don't believe reality can hold up to the claim.
    warp ten likes this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times

To each his own about the interior, but I think it looks fantastic, and those who have seen it in person say the execution and materials are first rate.

If you like Dodges so much, buy one. But when you find a road with curves in it, watch the C8 (or C7) disappear into the distance. The 20 year old Dodge chassis is a bad joke in anything but a straight line. Two very different cars intended for very different purposes.

Really not sure why you bothered to join, other than to brag about MOPAR.
    This version of the C8 will undoubtedly "clean a lot of clocks", MOPAR included! Just a matter time before it's available! A reminder, we may have a TROLL amongst us with a "single post" to "stir the pot"!

Name:  106043302-1564166063015corvettec8r-ontrackfront3-4.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  170.1 KB

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times

C8.r

I guaranty that Pratt & Miller already has a couple of these vehicles ready to roll. They have been testing them for a few months now!

Doug, Roswell, Georgia

2017 Grand Sport Collector Edition #325 convertible "Watkins Glen Gray /Tension Blue Interior/Fender Accent Stripes"
    Tension Blue (3LT) interior, black top, black wheels, Z-51.

Proud Lifetime Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    914 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    Yes, they did. The C7 Z06 was claimed to have a 0-60 time under 3 seconds, although I don't believe reality can hold up to the claim.
    I'm getting to this thread a little late but Rodney is right. I have a sales brochure for my 2016 and in the back specifications sections is says 0-60 time of 2.95 seconds for the Z06 with the A8 transmission. I agree that I don't think I have seen anyone actually say they documented that time themselves, but it sure feels good and if the Z51 C8 can do that with less than 500 HP I am impressed. It is my plan to win mine in the August 30 NCM raffle and test it out!--Bob
    jsvette likes this.
    2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPZOH 6"
    --Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels, body color vents and side skirts
    1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
    1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
    1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
    ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
    Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
    NCM Lifetime Member
    Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
    "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Sponsored Links