Now that the C8 is here, who has specific plans to buy one? - Page 2

Poll: As of today:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Now that the C8 is here, who has specific plans to buy one?

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    I have a deposit down, number 6 with my dealer, keeping my 2014 M7, I feel these are the two best technological corvette generations.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    no manual no bueno

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dac15 View Post
    no manual no bueno
    Agreed. No manual, No C8 for me. I'll just have to keep my C7 forever.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I agree, no manual, no C8. I'm sure we all purchased our C7's because they are fun to drive high performance car. If you want to go fast in a straight line, then an auto fits the bill. I like the ability to shift up and down when on small back roads. I must say the C8 is a great looking car with incredible performance. Changing subjects slightly, I was wondering what other think about the C8 attracting younger buyers. Especially those who were considering a new Porsche or even those switching from their old Porsche to a C8.
    2016 Z06, 3LZ, Couple, Manual, Long Beach Red, Spice Red Package, 10 Spoke Blade Pearl Nickel wheels.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    I had my reservation all lined up with my local dealer until the salesman sent me an update from the owner. He said that since they were almost sold out already (Bull S*#@) that he was requiring $7500 over MSRP and that amount was required as a deposit to hold my reservation. Needless to say, he will not be getting my business. It is ridicules how much these dealers will gouge someone. Damn near criminal if you ask me. May not be able to get one the first year, but I will get one.
    njchen24 and Steam like this.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Rick Conti is selling at MSRP. I don’t know about the other dealers who are sponsors here on the forum. Ask around.

GM is strongly discouraging dealers from asking over MSRP on the C8, but some dealers are just greedy. They can charge the unwary whatever they want, I guess, but that won’t be me or you.

[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by VettePilot View Post
    I had my reservation all lined up with my local dealer until the salesman sent me an update from the owner. He said that since they were almost sold out already (Bull S*#@) that he was requiring $7500 over MSRP and that amount was required as a deposit to hold my reservation. Needless to say, he will not be getting my business. It is ridicules how much these dealers will gouge someone. Damn near criminal if you ask me. May not be able to get one the first year, but I will get one.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Personally, I won't pay more than msrp and will walk away if price gouging especially the first year. Put the money in the bank and wait until it calms down.

Imo, it should be the other way around, they should pay the early adopter money to be the test subject.
    Last edited by njchen24; 08-05-2019 at 04:11 AM.
    2017 Stingray, base 1LT, AT, no mods, Watkins Glen Gray.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    When the convertible version is ready, I’ll get a year-2 model to match my C7 colors.

Member #
    Liked
    411 times
    It really, really, isn't an automatic. Think of it as a computer controlled manual.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvettez51 View Post
    It really, really, isn't an automatic. Think of it as a computer controlled manual.
    Maybe, but my left foot sees it otherwise.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    847 times
    I saw it in person yesterday at Selman chevrolet, the interior looks fantastic and quality. I plan to wait for Z06 or ZR1 version.
    Name:  2019-08-05 17.11.40.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  4.23 MBName:  2019-08-05 17.11.47.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  1.55 MBName:  2019-08-05 17.12.36.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  3.46 MB
    Last edited by smajicek; 08-06-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    Thanks Steve Hidden Content
    Ordered from MacMulkin on 1-27-2014, Shipped/En Route 3-6-2014, arrived in Mira Loma 3-20-2014, on its way to my local dealer. Arrived 3-27-2014 Hidden Content
    2014 C7 Velocity Yellow, 3LT, Z51, Auto, CF dash kit, Carbon flash painted mirrors, tail and hood stinger,Black rims, Red Calipers, MRC, NPP, VIN # 1G1YM2D7XE5117615

Member #
    Absolutely an automatic. There is no clutch to depress, there is no coasting in any gear, there is no feeling the release point, there is no skipping gears in up shift, there is no skipping 2-3 gears on downshift and punching it, none of that. So, not a manual in any sense. Have you driven a manual C7?

Member #
    Liked
    411 times
    There is no torque converter, no planetary gears, fluid pumps. That is an automatic.

You can most definitely drop 2-3 gears, and if it's safe for the engine, it will do it. You can coast...

And yes, I own a manual C7. And having driven DCT cars, they are better.

Last edited by jsvette; 08-13-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Member #
    There is no torque converter, no planetary gears, fluid pumps. That is an automatic.

You can most definitely drop 2-3 gears, and if it's safe for the engine, it will do it. You can coast...

And yes, I own a manual C7. And having driven DCT cars, they are better.

You can drop as many gears as you want in the C8, but they will be in order. You cannot go from 7th to 4th or 4th to 7th without going thru 6th and 5th as well. You cannot de-select a gear and coast, like a manual trans. Automatic with paddle shifters is and never will be a manual transmission.

Member #
    Liked
    411 times
    It’s not an automatic. And you can select 2 or 3 downshifts, and it will get there faster than you can do it with a stick. Coasting in neutral? Why? I’ll bet that you can push the neutral button, or pull both levers and select neutral if you want too.

look, you don’t want one, fine, but you also won’t get 5th or 7th when you wanted another gear. A DCT is better. Sorry you don’t like the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links