Now that the C8 is here, who has specific plans to buy one? - Page 3

Poll: As of today:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Now that the C8 is here, who has specific plans to buy one?

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10617 times
    OK, take a breath please. Bottom line the C8 will not offer a traditional manual transmission according to GM. The term automatic covers a myriad of variations from early versions of semi-automated manual transmissions (without a foot operated clutch) that have been around a long time in European cars, to dual and three clutch transmissions currently available. Undoubtedly the C8 automatic transmission will be fun to drive with or without using the paddles and enjoying the new handling characteristics of the mid-engine. Let's return the focus of this thread to the original topic of "Who has specific plans to buy one?"
    dac15 likes this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    I’m #7 on the first consensus allocation with my local dealer and I expect my C8 order to be accepted in in October, based upon ELB being constrained.
    I got my 2014 in late August and never had an issue it’s been flawless. No qualms about being an early adopter of this C8 masterpiece.
    I’ve seen it in person and pics can’t come close imo. As big as a change the C7 was when compared to previous generations the C8 again is a giant leap for Corvette 66 years in the making. jmho.
    As far a no manual transmission I get it but GM gets it to and a DCT is the future and it’s way better in all aspects imo.
    From 3 on the tree to four on the floor it’s evolution baby. I embrace the change and get a great driving experience paddling my way up and down the gears in my C7 in Manuel mode and it’s my expectation that the smiles I’ll get shifting this DCT in Manuel mode as it moves through the gears in mili-seconds at my command will be a great corvette worthy experience. Jmhofwiw ymmv
    jsvette likes this.
    2014 Laguna Blue Stingray Coupe with Jet Black , 3LT, A6 ..... " CindyBlue”
    C8 on order 3LT-GS7w/HTO,Z51,FE4,E60,Q8T,ZZ3,FA5,J6E,VQK,RWJ,ERI

Member #
    Liked
    1134 times
    $59995 for base 1LT includes destination charge.

I'm on the list at one of the Big 3 dealers. Refundable deposit, MSRP, no dealer fees. I'll be getting a Z51, MSRC, 3LT and maybe some other goodies.
    jsvette and Steam like this.
    2014 Z51, MN7, Laguna Blue, 3LT Brownstone, MSRC, NPP, Yellow Calipers, Visible Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Carbon Flash Mirrors and Spoiler, Black Wheels, NCM Delivery on 2/13 - day after sinkhole.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    913 times
    No immediate plans to buy one (I would have to get a divorce first) but I do plan to win one. Entered the NCM August 30 drawing to win a build your own C8. If I win I may have to take it!--Bob
    jsvette likes this.
    2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPZOH 6"
    --Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels, body color vents and side skirts
    1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
    1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
    1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
    ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
    Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
    NCM Lifetime Member
    Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
    "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links