• 2 Post By Zymurgy
  • 1 Post By Ateupjoe

Thread: Long Distance Ordering

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Long Distance Ordering

Hello fellow Stingray owners,

As in many places, dealership allotments for the C8 in my area were gone almost immediately, so I've been thinking about putting down a deposit at a larger dealership on the other side of the country. I'm wondering if anyone else has done long distance buying like this? It seems there are tons of details and things that can go wrong. Am I asking for a major headache or should it be pretty safe? Appreciate any advice, experiences people have had, etc.

Thanks.
    Greg

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10602 times
    Greg, many of our members have had pretty flawless long distance ordering from our forum sponsors.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    407 times
    Yes, it's easy. I don't have to since I'm local to Criswell, and Mike Furman. The only downside of long distance is you don't get to sit with Mike and chat, swap stories, show pictures...

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    38500 +
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Greg,

You have forum members here who are in the top positions for Corvette sales nationally. Whether you choose a forum member or a non forum member you need to know, you don't make the top 10 of corvette sales worldwide by stiffing people. These dealers, most on the east coast can drop ship a car to you from the factory to your nearest dealer or ship it directly to you. Its about having a proven record, having allocations and not trying to mark up the price. You can deal with New Hampshire, New Jersey or Maryland and and those being your top 3 dealers, you will be taken care of with no surprises or gimmicks. Myself, I dealt with this during the launch of the C7 and have learned to stay away from the little guy who will take your deposit, swear they have allocations and you will wait and wait and see no movement on your build. While the little guys are ripping off buyers, the big guys are getting cars dropped almost every day of the week. I got a 2016 Z06 the first week it hit the ground, had 50 to choose from and got a $8800.00 discount. That the difference between big and small and if you wait, you will get a damned good discount.
    Steam, jsvette and JoePro4X like this.

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    i ordered my Stingray the first week when they released the new year from McMaulkin. Very easy to work with ,zero pressure and got a 12 or 13 % discount on a car that was being ordered. The dealers on here will get you your car,no matter which you choose. They will also work out delivery. I live in Florida and decided to get the museum delivery. The dealers who advertise on here, know how to do it right. It was fun driving it home!
    Last edited by Steam; 08-12-2019 at 07:28 AM.
    jsvette likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Greg,

You have forum members here who are in the top positions for Corvette sales nationally. Whether you choose a forum member or a non forum member you need to know, you don't make the top 10 of corvette sales worldwide by stiffing people. These dealers, most on the east coast can drop ship a car to you from the factory to your nearest dealer or ship it directly to you. Its about having a proven record, having allocations and not trying to mark up the price. You can deal with New Hampshire, New Jersey or Maryland and and those being your top 3 dealers, you will be taken care of with no surprises or gimmicks. Myself, I dealt with this during the launch of the C7 and have learned to stay away from the little guy who will take your deposit, swear they have allocations and you will wait and wait and see no movement on your build. While the little guys are ripping off buyers, the big guys are getting cars dropped almost every day of the week. I got a 2016 Z06 the first week it hit the ground, had 50 to choose from and got a $8800.00 discount. That the difference between big and small and if you wait, you will get a damned good discount.
    I placed my order with a MD dealership. They are very helpful. They really took the time to explain ordering process, answer my questions, etc.
    I really appreciate their help & guidance during my order process. They really put me at ease. This being the first time I ever ordered a car that I never saw in person, sit-in, etc. This is my first Corvette so I'm a newbie to the Corvette community.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I had the same reservations with ordering my C7. Went with McMaulkin which is about 21/2 hours from home. Dealt with them over the phone and email. Was the best car buying experience I ever had. Answered all my questions and they were extremely helpful. No trouble at all. Just go with a reputable dealership and I would not expect any problems. And as Steam said: "It was fun driving home!"
    2014 Z51 3LT Convertible
    7 Speed Manual
    Crystal Red Tintcoat, Black Top, Kalahari Interior

Member #
    Liked
    1128 times
    I bought my C7 "long distance". I did NCM delivery and the entire process was the most enjoyable/easiest car buying experience ever. I'm doing the same for my C8.
    jsvette and Ateupjoe like this.
    2014 Z51, MN7, Laguna Blue, 3LT Brownstone, MSRC, NPP, Yellow Calipers, Visible Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Carbon Flash Mirrors and Spoiler, Black Wheels, NCM Delivery on 2/13 - day after sinkhole.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    3121 times
    Did same for my 2017 GS from Criswell..... ordered my 15 Z51 from Classic. Just didn't do NCM delivery. Next time! LOL
    jsvette likes this.
    Bryan
    1978 "Fastback Shark" - Shark grey was 50th BD gift to my bride.
    2015 Rebel 1 Stingray - Torch Red, Z51, 3LT, Manual, Custom Stinger, G3 splitter and skirts. Sold 3/31 at 20,800 smiles of miles. 20th anniversary gift.
    2017 Rebel 2 Grand Sport - Torch Red ext/Black int, 2LT, Manual, 22yr anniversary gift.

Sponsored Links