Member #
    Liked
    10646 times

thubs up 2020 Corvette Convertible To Be Revealed October 2, 2019

From GM Authority BY JONATHAN LOPEZ— SEP 9, 2019

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  503.5 KB

Following the successful launch of the 2020 Corvette C8 Coupe in July, Chevrolet is gearing up for the release of the next model in the next-gen’s lineup cadence – the 2020 Corvette convertible. Luckily, unlike the hardtop, we won’t have to wait several decades to see it, as Chevy just announced the reveal will take place on October 2nd, 2019, at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex in Florida.

“Convertibles have always been in Corvette’s DNA, as the iconic sports car was first introduced as a convertible in 1953. Sixty-six years later, Chevy will proudly build upon that legacy and introduce the most exotic and functional Corvette convertible yet,” reads the event invite.

It doesn’t come as a surprise that the 2020 Corvette convertible reveal event will take place at the Kennedy Space Center. That’s doubly so when considering the coupe’s debut in Tustin, California, was held in an enormous blimp hangar and included appearances from former astronauts Mae Jemison and Scott Kelly, as well as numerous allusions to the early space program’s love affair with the nameplate.

Previously, we saw the 2020 Corvette Convertible in prototype form, and we know that it’ll offer a foldable hardtop, which is a major break from previous Corvette convertibles, all of which came with soft-tops. We also expect a reshaped rear end to accommodate the foldable roof, plus the Rear Camera Mirror feature. The convertible will be 60 pounds heavier than the Stingray Z51 Coupe and more than a 100 pounds heavier than the base-model Stingray Coupe.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This is the retractable roof, yes? Even though there may be no price, is there any way to guestimate what it may run?
    Thank you

Mileage
    Never enough
    Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    C7 verts are $4,500 more so I'd guess at least that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks johnu.

I don't have full use of my left hand, yet, due to a, stroke, so I would welcome this. 😊.

Mileage
    W&C I & II
    Member #
    Liked
    5640 times
    People have been guessing anywhere from $5K to $10K. No one outside of GM will know until October 2nd.
    Hidden Content
    "SunKissed", my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible
    (One of about 40). >31,000+ miles. Purchased 5/2/2015

Member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out: Hidden Content

My Stingray photos: Hidden Content

Sponsored Links