Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Thinking of selling my 2016 Z51 -- how to price, sell private or consignment?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  regguy1 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm considering selling my 2016 Z51 LT3, and wondering what I should price it at. It is a bit unusual in the fact that it is VIN#00002, the first Stingray made in 2016 (VIN#00001 was a Z06). I kind of don't want to hassle with the sales itself, so I may have it on consignment at a local Corvette dealership.

It has about 4,600 miles, fully loaded (Z51 LT3 A8, Laguna Blue, Brownstone, Stingray badging option (sills, hubs, hoodliner, carpet mats, trunk mat), mag ride, nav & PDR, suede insert seats, front spoiler (not carbon), tinted windows. It has all the original pieces (standard sills, carpets, etc), indoor stingray cover, and shipping covers.

Dealer wants $2,500 to consign; if I sold it privately I don't know how I would handle money exchange, taxes, test drives, etc.

Opinions?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Since the OP is asking about selling a C7, I moved this thread from purchasing to sales.

Good luck with your sale!

#6 · (Edited)
No worries! :smile:

#7 ·
I would look around online on some of the car selling sites to see what others are asking for their similarly equipped Z51s and start off in the same range. You don't want to grossly over price it and take a forever to sell it and you don't want give it away by under pricing it. Sounds like a super nice car to be a selling. Another thought...are you looking to replace it with something else? If so, perhaps you could look into trading it?

#9 ·
I would think that about 15% off of the window sticker price should be appropriate considering you can usually get a new one for around 10% off sticker and yours is used with some miles on it that's my opinion

Reactions: lakemg
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.