Beat the Protection Plan Price Increase!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ken Fichtner
  • 2 Post By Ken Fichtner

Thread: Beat the Protection Plan Price Increase!

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

With Chevy’s recent announcement of a decrease in powertrain coverage from 60 months/100,000 miles to 60 months/60,000 miles I am certain that we will see a price increase for protection plans.

The price tables assume the overlap of protection plan with the base factory warranty.

Further, the new Protection Plans from GM Financial (GMEPP – Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac Protection Plans) consider a vehicle “new” as long as the base bumper to bumper warranty has not expired. Therefore, a decrease in powertrain coverage for a 2016 model may have an impact on the plan pricing for any vehicle that is still considered “new” regardless of the model year, i.e. 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.

Therefore, I am recommending that you purchase your protection plan in June before new prices are announced in July as 2016 production begins!

Remember, the prices that I offer on protection plans are not subject to sales tax and no charge for accepting a credit card.

I am offering both GMPP from Ally and GMEPP from GM Financial.

We can sell GMEPP in every state on vehicles that are 10 years old and with less than 120,000 miles.

We can sell GMPP on vehicles that are within the original bumper to bumper warranty and in all states EXCEPT for: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, and Florida.

Email me today for a quote.

[email protected]

Thanks!
    jsvette likes this.

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19653 times
    Have bought my last two price protection plans on my Corvettes from Ken. Encourage all comtemplating buying one, to at least contact Ken, as his price was the best on both.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    1507 times
    what is the difference between GMPP and GMEPP ? (since I live in fl)

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Hello,
    Drop me an email and I will email you the detailed difference.
    [email protected]
    Thanks!

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Am considering purchasing the gmepp. However, is there a benefit to buying now with 200 miles and waiting till 12000? My understanding is the warranty extends from time of purchase therefore if you get 100k, you'd be out till 112000 vice 100200.?
    And is there a time limit, I believe 1 year before you can't get the 100k/84?
    2015 Z06 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
    Hidden Content
    Aurora - M7 - "RKTSHP"

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Wait till 1 year anniversary or 12k, whichever is first.
    2015 Z51,Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, M7, CF Dash, CF exposed roof, Carb Flash emblems/spoiler/mirrors, Red calipers
    ACS splitter/side skirts, XPEL
    Hidden Content

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    1 yr from build date?
    2015 Z06 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
    Hidden Content
    Aurora - M7 - "RKTSHP"

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    The GMEPP can be purchased anytime up until your car is 10 years old and with less than 120K miles.

HOWEVER, the prices increase annually, and they increase as you accumulate miles.

A car that is still within the original 36 month/36K bumper to bumper warranty is considered "new" and thus is eligible for a lower price than one outside of the bumper to bumper warranty.

Certainly, one can wait if they choose.

I have been recommending purchasing a plan now instead of waiting for this reason:
    GM has updated the dealer pricing and application website for the GM Extended Protection Plan.
    As of TODAY the pricing for a 2016 is the same as it was for a 2015!
    This won’t last long when they realize that they didn’t take into consideration the decrease in powertrain warranty from 100K to 60K miles.
    This price increase will affect pricing for any Corvette that is within the original bumper to bumper warranty.

And, as the age of your car increases, the available time and mileage options change.

Finally, here's a comparison for you to consider:
    Purchase an 84 month/75000 mile/$0 deductible plan today for $2115 ($2215 less $100 discount) on a new Corvette
    Purchase a 48 month/48000 mile/$0 deductible plan today on a Corvette that is 35 months old and with less than 36K miles for $2885
    Both plans would end at the same time and same miles. Waiting costs $770 more and doesn’t take any price increase into consideration.

Have a great day!

Ken Fichtner
    Former Chevrolet Dealer - Fichtner Chevrolet, Laurel MT
    Now Fleet Manager, Corvette & Protection Plan Sales - Denny Menholt Chevrolet, Billings MT

Lowest Prices on GMPP by Ally, and Chevrolet Protection Plans (GMEPP) by GM.

Great deals on new Chevrolet cars and trucks. Serving every State!

Denny Menholt Chevrolet
    3000 King Ave W, Billings MT 59102
    [email protected]
    406-896-3088 Direct Line
    elegant and Badtothebone like this.

Sponsored Links