Official C7 Corvette Issue/Resolution Thread - Page 38
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Official C7 Corvette Issue/Resolution Thread

Member #
    I have a 2016 Z51 Coupe and after buying it I had a problem with going into reverse. This happened twice and is a big safety issue... Put in reverse nothing happens, put in park and reserve again and it slams into gear so hard I thought it took out the gear box, first time. Fine for a couple of weeks than it did it again in my garage. Let it warm up and put in reverse nothing happened, went to drive nothing, back to park and into reverse... it slammed into gear so hard all I could hear was gears and u joints...but it scared the hell out of me doing it, I might have eased up on the brake when went into gear and it almost slammed into my 2018 truck. Brought it to where I bought the car they brought it to a GMC / Chevrolet dealer with Corvette tech person. They flushed oil as if it had a surge not a going into gear problem. After they did it I did about 900 miles did not have a problem and stored it for Winter. I continually think about my first start after storage this year because I have big questions if it has been fixed which I feel it may not have been... I read stuff on it and its like a module and computer adjustment or internal transmission problem. That means take half the car apart. This is a major safety issue as far as I'm concerned and will treat it as so if it survives another slamming into gear.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I am also new to the forum and my name is Jonson Archer
    I was asked to re post this to get in the correct Thread.
    Picked up my LT2 convertible C7 Dec 30. Drove it about a hour and lost voice control button on steering wheel blue tooth to my phone makes a loud clicking noise and drops my cell call... Navigation voice makes a loud clicking noise also when giving turn commands.. XM/FM radio stops working and seems to reboot about every 10 min. Random reboots to corvette screen. Sometimes the clock time changes back to 12:XX and then goes back to the correct time Dealer told me to remove all HD radio stations and try... turn off HD setting It made no changes ... They said Chevrolet says its a software problem.. And they are looking for a fix ... No resolution date provided... So my troubleshooting past tells me this could be a combo hardware software problem and they have been messing with it for the past 3 months... I will be on the phone Monday calling GM and expecting some one to give me something other than it's a software problem. I will try to update with anything I get back from Chevrolet

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Sponsored Links