Official C7 Corvette Issue/Resolution Thread - Page 38
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Official C7 Corvette Issue/Resolution Thread

Member #
    I have a 2016 Z51 Coupe and after buying it I had a problem with going into reverse. This happened twice and is a big safety issue... Put in reverse nothing happens, put in park and reserve again and it slams into gear so hard I thought it took out the gear box, first time. Fine for a couple of weeks than it did it again in my garage. Let it warm up and put in reverse nothing happened, went to drive nothing, back to park and into reverse... it slammed into gear so hard all I could hear was gears and u joints...but it scared the hell out of me doing it, I might have eased up on the brake when went into gear and it almost slammed into my 2018 truck. Brought it to where I bought the car they brought it to a GMC / Chevrolet dealer with Corvette tech person. They flushed oil as if it had a surge not a going into gear problem. After they did it I did about 900 miles did not have a problem and stored it for Winter. I continually think about my first start after storage this year because I have big questions if it has been fixed which I feel it may not have been... I read stuff on it and its like a module and computer adjustment or internal transmission problem. That means take half the car apart. This is a major safety issue as far as I'm concerned and will treat it as so if it survives another slamming into gear.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I am also new to the forum and my name is Jonson Archer
    I was asked to re post this to get in the correct Thread.
    Picked up my LT2 convertible C7 Dec 30. Drove it about a hour and lost voice control button on steering wheel blue tooth to my phone makes a loud clicking noise and drops my cell call... Navigation voice makes a loud clicking noise also when giving turn commands.. XM/FM radio stops working and seems to reboot about every 10 min. Random reboots to corvette screen. Sometimes the clock time changes back to 12:XX and then goes back to the correct time Dealer told me to remove all HD radio stations and try... turn off HD setting It made no changes ... They said Chevrolet says its a software problem.. And they are looking for a fix ... No resolution date provided... So my troubleshooting past tells me this could be a combo hardware software problem and they have been messing with it for the past 3 months... I will be on the phone Monday calling GM and expecting some one to give me something other than it's a software problem. I will try to update with anything I get back from Chevrolet

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thank you for sharing this info and the video. They will be helpful to many. Hopefully your car is trouble free from now on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well on 2nd day of just transmission flush as stated by gm still no car

Junior Member DeranF@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Hey Guys,

I am new to the Corvette Forum:

I drive a 2014 C7 (3LT Z51) with about 50,000 miles on it, and I keep hearing an internal engine noise / clatter like an "engine lifter" or "rockers" rattling. I'm told that on the Corvettes that a little rattling is normal, but mine it is very annoying and seems to be louder than reasonable. My power train warranty expires on July 31, and I'm afraid that it may be something internal going on. I took it into the dealership today, and they said it was my Driver Belt Tensioner, which I highly doubted, but I allowed them to replace it, but the car is still making the same sound / noise. I have ruled out it being the Exhaust Baffles, which also make awkward sounds as well.

Please advise / help

Thanks,

Deran

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am new to the Corvette Forum:

I drive a 2014 C7 (3LT Z51) with about 50,000 miles on it, and I keep hearing an internal engine noise / clatter like an "engine lifter" or "rockers" rattling. I'm told that on the Corvettes that a little rattling is normal, but mine it is very annoying and seems to be louder than reasonable. My power train warranty expires on July 31, and I'm afraid that it may be something internal going on. I took it into the dealership today, and they said it was my Driver Belt Tensioner, which I highly doubted, but I allowed them to replace it, but the car is still making the same sound / noise. I have ruled out it being the Exhaust Baffles, which also make awkward sounds as well.

Please advise / help

Thanks,

Deran
    Post a link to a video with the noise.

Search the forum for sound clips with normal noise from the LT1 engine.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10617 times
    Welcome to our forum Deran. Your first post has been moved to this thread. Sorry to read of the issues you are experiencing. Rodney's suggestion is spot on. Have a passenger video tape the sound and post it here.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Hello guys...I have a 3300 model 1051 Corvette battery charger for my 2016 Corvette. I noticed earlier that the middle top indicator ( the charging indicator) was blinking red. No other top indicators were lit . I unplugged it , and reinstalled it. The same indicator was solid red. I started up my car...voltage was fine with no signs of a low battery. My car is 4 months shy of 4 years old. Do you think my battery is bad? I read the owners manual, and there is no explanation for just this one red light.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    2934 times
    Quote Originally Posted by redcorvette100 View Post
    Hello guys...I have a 3300 model 1051 Corvette battery charger for my 2016 Corvette. I noticed earlier that the middle top indicator ( the charging indicator) was blinking red. No other top indicators were lit . I unplugged it , and reinstalled it. The same indicator was solid red. I started up my car...voltage was fine with no signs of a low battery. My car is 4 months shy of 4 years old. Do you think my battery is bad? I read the owners manual, and there is no explanation for just this one red light.
    I have the same charger. Mine started to blink like that and it was because the plug was loose in the socket. I think I may need to replace the socket at some point?
    NCM Lifetime MemberXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHaving trouble searching the forum? Try a Google search "[keyword] site:Hidden Content Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15. Arrived 02/12/15.
    Hidden Content Valentine's Day
    2016 BASH
    Forum Rules
    Vendor Rules
    For-Sale Rules
    Business Rules
    Introductions
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance247 View Post
    I have the same charger. Mine started to blink like that and it was because the plug was loose in the socket. I think I may need to replace the socket at some point?
    My plug isn't loose, and the charger shows a good connection with the green bottom light. I'm really stumped.

Member #
    Liked
    1235 times
    Quote Originally Posted by redcorvette100 View Post
    My plug isn't loose, and the charger shows a good connection with the green bottom light. I'm really stumped.
    Any problem starting? I have a 2015 and just replaced the battery earlier this year because it wouldn't fire right up and you normally will only get 3 to 4 years on an OEM battery. I had a feeling mine was going when it wouldn't start right away and knew it would be soon to replace, until I was in the driveway after a ride, turned it off in the driveway, then went back to pull int in the garage about 10 minutes later and it wouldn't start. I don't have the Corvette battery tender/charger but have another so I can't help with your question about the lights but mine did help it enough to get it to charge and start up so that I could get it in the garage and let it sit on the tender. I replaced the battery the next day.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Mileage
    Member #
    I have an interesting issue that's ongoing so we'll see what happens

I have a 2014 C7 A6 Z51 with 46k miles on it.
    I like many people would get the "Service Rear Axle" warning and I finally just replaced the battery.

Then one day I got a "Rear Axle System Off" warning and it kept coming on if I started the car.

Took my car in to the dealer, had some usual dealer issues but ultimately it came down to them saying the differential was overfilled substantially and it had many metal shavings. They could try to flush it and see what happens.
    Funny, because at 25k miles my vehicle had the rear diff replaced due to being delivered low on fluid. At 30k it had the diff controller replaced. And now I'm outside of my warranty and 3 months outside of those repair warranties without any help.

Currently I have a case with GM for assistance. It's funny that I have paperwork saying "Service Rear Axle Warning Came On" and they said it was nothing, fluid levels fine, etc from the diff being replaced and then the controller still until now.

Since my intial visit it has been over 1 month. With the Chevy Assistance Team I have been escalated 3 times and currently they are checking with the regional manager to see what he can offer.

While I'm shortly outside of my warranty and part warranty I do qualify for the 100% Goodwill (Ex-GM Service Manager) so it's especially annoying I'm missing the good weather with my Corvette when my track rat 321k mile S2000 is handling +180whp through a notoriously weak differential for 200k that I have had it.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10617 times
    Live Fast welcome to our forum. Sorry to read of your issues. Hope they get resolved soon.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
    I have an interesting issue that's ongoing so we'll see what happens

I have a 2014 C7 A6 Z51 with 46k miles on it.
    I like many people would get the "Service Rear Axle" warning and I finally just replaced the battery.

Then one day I got a "Rear Axle System Off" warning and it kept coming on if I started the car.

Took my car in to the dealer, had some usual dealer issues but ultimately it came down to them saying the differential was overfilled substantially and it had many metal shavings. They could try to flush it and see what happens.
    Funny, because at 25k miles my vehicle had the rear diff replaced due to being delivered low on fluid. At 30k it had the diff controller replaced. And now I'm outside of my warranty and 3 months outside of those repair warranties without any help.

Currently I have a case with GM for assistance. It's funny that I have paperwork saying "Service Rear Axle Warning Came On" and they said it was nothing, fluid levels fine, etc from the diff being replaced and then the controller still until now.

Since my intial visit it has been over 1 month. With the Chevy Assistance Team I have been escalated 3 times and currently they are checking with the regional manager to see what he can offer.

While I'm shortly outside of my warranty and part warranty I do qualify for the 100% Goodwill (Ex-GM Service Manager) so it's especially annoying I'm missing the good weather with my Corvette when my track rat 321k mile S2000 is handling +180whp through a notoriously weak differential for 200k that I have had it.
    That should be part of the drivetrain. That warranty is longer than 3 years / 36 months.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Mileage
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
    Live Fast welcome to our forum. Sorry to read of your issues. Hope they get resolved soon.
    Thank you, I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    That should be part of the drivetrain. That warranty is longer than 3 years / 36 months.
    The 2014-2015 did get a 5 year / 100k drivetrain warranty. However I'm out by time rather than mileage. By 11 months exactly.
    Interestingly enough the differential was replaced over 2 years and 3 months ago due to the low fluid and it's outside of that repair warranty.

However it being majorly overfilled, the vehicle being low mileage, and me being juuuust outside of warranty does indicate I should get some assistance. Funny enough the dealership they want me to use is the one that did the recall/replacement which is a 6 hour drive away and they don't want to pay for a flat bed... Oh well lets see.

And this is my second 2014. My last one was totalled by being hit while parked and it was at 88k miles.

Update:

So now it's been 1 month since my vehicle was diagnosed with a bad differential and I contacted the customer assistance team. After TONS of back and forth, 4 "escalations" I was finally told my the rep she got an email saying the regional rep denied any assistance with no clarification explainations or escalation. Thankfully the Service Manager was at the dealership and I was on the way there to speak with him so I had them both on the phone.

Now I have it arranged to see a regional representative in person about the issue. The customer assistance team really is awful to go through and I have not been able to drive my vehicle for a full month.

To make matters worse I do have a 1999 with a crate motor ordered (LS3), three diesel work trucks recently purchased, and a 1965 factory restored.

Guess they really don't want me to go through with a C8
    Last edited by Live Fast; Yesterday at 02:52 PM.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Sponsored Links