Official C7 Corvette Issue/Resolution Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 559
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Official C7 Corvette Issue/Resolution Thread

  1. #46
    Senior Member Derrick1812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    371
    Member #
    1947
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
    Oh thought u meant u bought it new with 350 miles on it already
    Oh lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
    GQ4Life likes this.

  2. #47
    Senior Member whosurdaddy107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    122
    Member #
    1483
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
    Nope none. Why so many miles?
    when i picked it up, it had only 5 miles on it. 8 days i drove about 350 miles...

  3. #48
    Senior Member whosurdaddy107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    122
    Member #
    1483
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    I've read where others have had their car pull. Some had their car re-aligned, while a couple had a defective tire replaced that fixed the problem. The bump you describe may be a panel issue, but check with your dealer.
    thanks. the pull is really light...only happens when i let go of the steering wheel that's when it slowly go to the right. as for the small bump, i will take it back to dealer and have them look at it.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #49
    Senior Member rdslon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Charlotte Metro Area, North Carolina
    Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Posts
    10,158
    Member #
    1658
    Liked
    6073 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whosurdaddy107 View Post
    thanks. the pull is really light...only happens when i let go of the steering wheel that's when it slowly go to the right. as for the small bump, i will take it back to dealer and have them look at it.
    Have them to align it. Even if it is only slightly out of alignment, you should not have to drive it that way. Also, just because it is in the "green" does not mean that it is as closely aligned as they can make it. If it is in "green" but still starts pulling after you release the wheel, it could either be a tire, or they could make the alignment closer to zero than it is now.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

    C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

  6. #50
    Senior Member whosurdaddy107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    122
    Member #
    1483
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    Have them to align it. Even if it is only slightly out of alignment, you should not have to drive it that way. Also, just because it is in the "green" does not mean that it is as closely aligned as they can make it. If it is in "green" but still starts pulling after you release the wheel, it could either be a tire, or they could make the alignment closer to zero than it is now.
    good to know! thanks. I will let them know...

  7. #51
    Junior Member Jeffse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    1200
    Liked
    1 times
    I recently took mine in because of a slight pull to the right. Service department checked front end alignment and adjusted slightly but it was not really out of alignment. Service manager drove and felt it was resolved. My son-in-law went to pick up the car and stated it was still pulling to the right. So he took it back in and they rechecked the alignment and it was still aligned. So service manager felt it was a result of the tires really sticking to the road. Because of the the shape of the road it is causing a slight pull. The dealer had a new one on show room floor and took it out for drive to see how it responded and it did the same. Because I have not read much about it I felt I would comment here and hope that there would be others that have same issue and or suggestions to resolve the problem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

  8. #52
    Senior Member GQ4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    fishkill, ny
    Posts
    476
    Member #
    638
    Liked
    114 times
    They do have tendemcy to follow grooves in the road but shouldnt always pull right.
    If alignment fine might just be roads.
    Hidden Content Dual CF Roofs

  9. #53
    Senior Member rdslon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Charlotte Metro Area, North Carolina
    Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Posts
    10,158
    Member #
    1658
    Liked
    6073 times
    If it is the roads, then take it to other roads. Not ALL roads are going to cause it to pull right (some might not pull, some might pull left, some might pull right). Also, the dealer took one from the showroom floor out and it pulled right, or you took it out and it pulled right? Even if it did and you know it to be true, all that might say is some Covettes are coming from the factory pulling right. If that is the case, align them all.

    Finally, I can't stand a car that is not very well aligned. When I have an alignment done, I tell them up front this is a big pet peeve of mine, and just because it is in the green when they are done it may not be good enough for me. I make sure they understand and agree before they work on a car for me. When they are done and I drive away, about 1/4 of the time I end up back at the shop 5-10 minutes later saying it is not good enough. I usuall then get a ride-along with the tech who did the alignment, show him what is happening, and then let him have a go of it again. Only once was it not perfect after the second try.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

    C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

  10. #54
    Senior Member whosurdaddy107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    122
    Member #
    1483
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffse View Post
    I recently took mine in because of a slight pull to the right. Service department checked front end alignment and adjusted slightly but it was not really out of alignment. Service manager drove and felt it was resolved. My son-in-law went to pick up the car and stated it was still pulling to the right. So he took it back in and they rechecked the alignment and it was still aligned. So service manager felt it was a result of the tires really sticking to the road. Because of the the shape of the road it is causing a slight pull. The dealer had a new one on show room floor and took it out for drive to see how it responded and it did the same. Because I have not read much about it I felt I would comment here and hope that there would be others that have same issue and or suggestions to resolve the problem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
    these super sport tires are like that. have a set on my other car, did the same exact thing...going to get P zero next time...

  11. #55
    Junior Member StingJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12
    Member #
    1134
    Liked
    5 times
    I have a Z51 Auto trans. Picked it up on Dec 24, have about 2200 miles on it now. Love the car. About several weeks ago, I noticed that from a cold start, I put it into Reverse to back out of my garage and nothing happened. Like it was in neutral. Let it warm up a bit and put it in reverse again, and it worked. It happened again a couple of weeks ago, same thing. Was in reverse and it wasn't moving. Gave it some gas and it made a "clunk" sounds like it went into gear and jumped into reverse. So for the past few weeks, I let the car warm up before backing out of my garage. Thought that was the issue. Today, when I went to back out of the garage, thought I warmed it up, but guess not. Same things happened in Reverse. So was curious, and tried putting it in Drive, and same thing, no movement, like it was in neutral. Put it in reverse and gave it some gas and it finally engaged "clunk" and backed up. Called my sales rep today and left a message. I'm going to call another dealership that is closer to home tomorrow and see if they can check it out. Anyone have this issue or know what's going on? Low transmission fluid?

    Also, Tire temp always at warm. Even though it was really, really cold outside. It always seems to stay at warm. Do I need a reflash of some sort or sensors bad?

    Thanks all!

  12. #56
    Senior Member GQ4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    fishkill, ny
    Posts
    476
    Member #
    638
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StingJay View Post
    I have a Z51 Auto trans. Picked it up on Dec 24, have about 2200 miles on it now. Love the car. About several weeks ago, I noticed that from a cold start, I put it into Reverse to back out of my garage and nothing happened. Like it was in neutral. Let it warm up a bit and put it in reverse again, and it worked. It happened again a couple of weeks ago, same thing. Was in reverse and it wasn't moving. Gave it some gas and it made a "clunk" sounds like it went into gear and jumped into reverse. So for the past few weeks, I let the car warm up before backing out of my garage. Thought that was the issue. Today, when I went to back out of the garage, thought I warmed it up, but guess not. Same things happened in Reverse. So was curious, and tried putting it in Drive, and same thing, no movement, like it was in neutral. Put it in reverse and gave it some gas and it finally engaged "clunk" and backed up. Called my sales rep today and left a message. I'm going to call another dealership that is closer to home tomorrow and see if they can check it out. Anyone have this issue or know what's going on? Low transmission fluid?

    Also, Tire temp always at warm. Even though it was really, really cold outside. It always seems to stay at warm. Do I need a reflash of some sort or sensors bad?

    Thanks all!
    Has to be under 30° for a lil while for tire to show cold. Also have to drive like 100 yards for it to read and show correct temp.

    Its been 60 and higher in Florida
    Hidden Content Dual CF Roofs

  13. #57
    Senior Member Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ashland Va.
    Posts
    4,607
    Member #
    84
    Liked
    1835 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StingJay View Post
    ... Anyone have this issue or know what's going on? Low transmission fluid?...
    Jay; I have not heard of the issue you describe. I think it would be a good idea to let a dealer with "trained" C7 tech look it over. If your not getting a CEL on the dash I suspect it is something more than low fluid level, but let them check it out and let us know what they tell you.




  14. #58
    Junior Member StingJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12
    Member #
    1134
    Liked
    5 times
    Oh, ok...I was noticing this a few weeks ago when we were in the 40s here, so if it needs to be in the 30s before it reads Cold, then that's the answer! Thanks!

  15. #59
    Junior Member StingJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12
    Member #
    1134
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Jay; I have not heard of the issue you describe. I think it would be a good idea to let a dealer with "trained" C7 tech look it over. If your not getting a CEL on the dash I suspect it is something more than low fluid level, but let them check it out and let us know what they tell you.
    Chip,
    I spoke with the dealer today. I'm bringing the vette in tomorrow for them to take a look at it. Hope they figure it out and are able to reproduce it while the car is there. I'm not getting any warnings/alert on the dash. Will keep you all posted on what they find! Thanks for the responses!
    Jay

  16. #60
    Senior Member GQ4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    fishkill, ny
    Posts
    476
    Member #
    638
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StingJay View Post
    Oh, ok...I was noticing this a few weeks ago when we were in the 40s here, so if it needs to be in the 30s before it reads Cold, then that's the answer! Thanks!
    Below 30s
    Hidden Content Dual CF Roofs

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

2014 c7 instrument cluster problems

,

2014 corvette pulls right

,

amazon

,
c7 carbon fiber roof creaks
,

custom c7 corvette seats tall

,
gauge cluster not working
,
https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/general-discussion/1422-official-c7-corvette-issue-resolution-thread-post946982.htm
,
my check engine reduce power light on my 2014 corvette stingray is on
,
news
,
resetting a c7 computer
Click on a term to search for related topics.
 

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.