• 1 Post By Davez51
  • 1 Post By VenZ06

Thread: Screen Button malfunction?

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    113 times

Screen Button malfunction?

So Last night I decided to drop the screen to place a spare charger back there.

Today I got to work and pushed the button for who knows what reason, mostly just for boredom?
    Anyways, it didnt work. I tried it a few times, tried turning the car off and on, no avail.

Any ideas?
    2015 Z06 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
    Hidden Content
    Aurora - M7 - "RKTSHP"

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10596 times
    Possibly one of the wires of the charger you put in the compartment got jammed in the track as the screen raised back up?
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    There is a process to open the door manually...it's in the owner's manual...be gentle....
    elegant likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    I wouldn't be happy, that's where my lil 9mm is kept
    2015,SG, AR Int,Z51,A8,3LT, Carbotech brake pads, carbon flash emblems, Rim Ringz, Z06 Grille, full length LED smoked marker lights and other various doo dads!

Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    JonnyL,

If your vehicle is in reverse, it will not operate. The rearview camera takes president.
    elegant likes this.

Member #
    Where is it in the manual? I have a 2015 Z51 gun jammed in compartment

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TNBob View Post
    Where is it in the manual? I have a 2015 Z51 gun jammed in compartment
    Unfortunately if you have anything jammed [if I am correctly understanding your post] in the compartment behind the screen, you can try a few things such as attempting to open the screen a few times in succession, lightly bumping the screen frame to try and get the object to shift. But if you don't succeed, as I recall, you will end up having to have the dash dismantled. It is a very involved process. Actually, I believe a number of years ago, someone got a loaded gun jammed in that compartment. There is a video of the service department finally getting it removed.

If that is the case, you need to inform the service department that the gun is loaded before they attempt to disassemble the dash to remove it.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6083 times
    Well, I am crazy, you know, but I would drive down a very steep hill and slam on my brakes...

If that didn't work, I would accelerate as quickly as possible back up the hill in reverse...

If you decide to be as ridiculous as I am, then you take all responsibility for your own insane decisions. You shouldn't do it. Don't be absurd like I am.
    Last edited by rdslon01; Today at 01:08 AM.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Sponsored Links