Thread: Strange warble sound at or around 1500 RPM

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    2926 times
    Please welcome new member Mattsvette to StingrayForums. I have merged his post into this thread to maintain continuity with this issue.
    jsvette likes this.
    NCM Lifetime MemberXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHaving trouble searching the forum? Try a Google search "[keyword] site:Hidden Content Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15. Arrived 02/12/15.
    Hidden Content Valentine's Day
    2016 BASH
    Forum Rules
    Vendor Rules
    For-Sale Rules
    Business Rules
    Introductions
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10555 times
    Welcome to our forum Mattsvette, sorry to read of your issues. This thread may be able to provide you some help.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    462 times
    Has anyone found a solution to the warble? I've now experienced it. It seems to happen when going uphill at low-ish RPMs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Yes, GM has determined it is the differential, either bad gears or bearings. I authored the post on the forum and some have had entire rear end changed and some have had the drivers side rear end carrier cover which I assume has a bearing in there replaced with success. Check out the forum post on warble sound occasionally, tons of post on there. I hope U have a good dealer who will work with you. GM tech support and Eng, know of this problem but sometimes they get amnesia. You will have to be persistent and push your dealer to get it fixed so don't give up. This noise is not normal so don't let the dealer tell you that.

Member #
    Liked
    462 times
    Thanks bjones! I'll do some forum searches. My fear is that I'll bring it in and they'll drive it for miles while being "unable to reproduce the problem".

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10555 times
    Quote Originally Posted by STINGmole View Post
    Thanks bjones! I'll do some forum searches. My fear is that I'll bring it in and they'll drive it for miles while being "unable to reproduce the problem".
    Before you bring it in, have a passenger video/audio tape the sound so that you can play it for your service manager.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Suggest you do a test drive and find an area near the dealership that is conducive to making the car warble, mine did it best on an incline feathering the gas at 1500 RPM. I did the driving when I took my car in because I knew the sweet spot, tech rode with me each time. Good luck with it Be persistent, U paid a lot of money for the car make them make it right.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    have a 2019 Stingray A8 and started hearing the WARBLE at 400 miles, I thought GM would have this corrected by now.
    Anyone else with a 2019 having this issue.
    have 850 miles on now and getting discouraged in driving this car, having many regrets in buying it.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Take it to your dealer and keep after them until they fix it. I too would have thought GM would have fixed this by now. I still read on the corvette forum guys still having problems as you are. GM knows the problem and the fix so take it in. Good luck with it, keep us posted.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    taking car to dealer today???????

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    what a waste of time taking it to my dealer, tech drove car, tried to tell him 1500 RPM light throttle, in one ear out the other, kept blaming exhaust.
    wanted him to listen to video/audio, no luck there either.
    just brushed everything off as normal.
    Told him about GM knowing the problem, got no where there either.
    Wish I could get a hold of GM, I know I can go to a different dealer that may know something on 1500 WARBLE noise, why should I have to chase around to find
    a dealer that knows what's going on.
    I thought this dealer would know something as they do sell a lot of Vetts

Mileage
    17000+ W&C I, II & III
    Member #
    Liked
    6045 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ragtop11 View Post
    what a waste of time taking it to my dealer, tech drove car, tried to tell him 1500 RPM light throttle, in one ear out the other, kept blaming exhaust.
    wanted him to listen to video/audio, no luck there either.
    just brushed everything off as normal.
    Told him about GM knowing the problem, got no where there either.
    Wish I could get a hold of GM, I know I can go to a different dealer that may know something on 1500 WARBLE noise, why should I have to chase around to find
    a dealer that knows what's going on.
    I thought this dealer would know something as they do sell a lot of Vetts
    Very frustrating. If you want to stay with this dealer, I suggest you politely go up the chain of command (service manager, general manager and if need be, the owner). I've had to do this twice (not with my Corvette) and both efforts were successful. The phrase "I would like to speak with your boss" has worked well for me.
    Paul

2015 Stingray: 1LT Blade Silver, A8, ZF1 Package, Transparent Top, NPP Exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

Mods: 2018 OEM Satin Black/Red Stripe Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z51 Sway Bars, Elite Catch Can. Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts,

A&A Supercharger

National Corvette Museum Member

Hidden Content

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Sponsored Links