Crack in driver door...opinions?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Liner Boy
  • 1 Post By Chip
  • 1 Post By Rich427
  • 1 Post By smokey12

Thread: Crack in driver door...opinions?

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Crack in driver door...opinions?

I brought my Z51 home about a month ago. Drove it home from the dealer in Ohio and it has been in the garage under cover since then due to the weather we have been having. I pulled it out today to take a few pictures and noticed this crack. It is above the door handle at the weather striping by the window. It looks like someone shut the door with something in it. I know I didn't do it and I am wondering if the anyone has seen any cracks like this and if a dealer would Warrenty this. I am really bummed that I did not notice it at the dealership and know I am probably SOL... Thanks for any opinions.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  318.4 KB

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19653 times
    Take it back and politely/firmly ask them to open a warranty claim, noting that the door skin must be replaced. That is clearly not acceptable. Would not suggest a probable or possible cause.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Wade427, I would take it to your nearest Chevrolet dealer. It looks like a defect in the skin, I don't see any paint chips or a dent if something was caught in it. Let us know the outcome of your situation.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6094 times
    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Marine View Post
    Wade427, I would take it to your nearest Chevrolet dealer. It looks like a defect in the skin, I don't see any paint chips or a dent if something was caught in it. Let us know the outcome of your situation.

SF
    Rick
    I agree. I wonder if there was a defect in the paint and it cracked as the temperature went up and down over the last few months. If so, there is no question it would be a valid warranty claim.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Will do thanks a ton....

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    834 times
    Be polite but firm. If you get any "push back" at all, ask for the name and phone number of the Zone Service Manager.
    elegant likes this.
    2017 Grand Sport Coupe, 3LT, Admiral Blue, Heritage Package.
    Previous - 2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels,
    2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe,
    1997 C5 Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    1835 times
    That is an odd defect. I agree with the previous replies. Easy does it until, or if it requires more than that.

Wade427 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I agree with the above. Take it back to your dealer for a warranty repair. If you get push back also look at getting Chevy Cust Svc involved to help you through this, but don't assume that you are going to get push back just yet.

BTW, I like your user name on this site!
    Wade427 likes this.
    2010 ZR1
    Crystal Red/Two tone Titanium

2014 Z51 7 speed Convertible
    Laguna Blue/Grey interior/Grey top

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Dealer said they believe it's a defect in the paint and are going to repair it. Thanks for the advice guys.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    367 times
    Wade
    I saw your pictures on the Blade silver thread and your car is AWESOME looking. Gives me second thoughts.....
    Wade427 likes this.
    Ken
    NCM Delivery,Torch Red, Adrenaline Red, Black Vert, Z-51, 3LT, 7M, NPP, MRC, black wheels, Red Calipers. Vin# 7101

Member #
    Liked
    1835 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade427 View Post
    Dealer said they believe it's a defect in the paint and are going to repair it. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Good deal Wade! Glad they took care of you.

Gold Supporting Member
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    834 times
    That's Great!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
    2017 Grand Sport Coupe, 3LT, Admiral Blue, Heritage Package.
    Previous - 2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels,
    2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe,
    1997 C5 Coupe

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Wade, I'm glad to hear everything work out well for you, A1 for the dealership!

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Sponsored Links